Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #76
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Hummmm, where are you going to eat??? I am guessing Germany! Don't have any rational for that guess, just a guess! Looks like you had a good weather day in Epcot.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #77
rgrutland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I heard about that! But it kinda got overshadowed by all the craziness going on at Tech. I don't think I've ever watched a football game with so much drama involved!

I'm pretty sure I love Disney more than my kids do too, the oldest especially is starting to want to visit other places. Of course, he thinks we should get two vacations a year, one to Disney and one to someplace else. If only we could win that powerball jackpot, we'd be able to do that!

Trip reports are so addictive - I'd be afraid to add up the hours that I'm on here glued to the reports board! Are you going to write a report after your trip?

I've got an update typed up and ready to go, just need to add pics, so it should be up shortly
I would like to report & I might, but I work from home and my time is going to start getting less & less so I don't know if I will be able to!! I could report, but the hard part would be responding to everyones posts & that's 1/2 the fun! We'll see...I am already addicted so I might not have a choice!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #78
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Loved the Mickey cookies!!! (Betty Crocker approves )

And 50 minutes for Mission Space????????????? I am so glad we do our Christmas trips early!!! But HOORAY for scoring Soarin' and TT FP's!!!

Can't wait for more!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #79
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Loved your Epcot update. I love Epcot. Ok, I love all Disney. But there is something about Epcot that has it all for me. Visiting other countries, seeing our own. The rides. Oh yes, the rides. Love them all. Your boys are so cute. It is a hard age. Wanting to be older but not being able to resist doing silly things still.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 01-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #80
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, it was so cute how you said that the "sighs started" and you had to put your camera way. My family probably didn't understand why I wanted to take so many pictures of things when they're not in the pics themselves, but I think they're getting used to it. The other day I was joking with DBF about how he's going to be taking a million pictures, and I'll be dragging him and saying, "We haven't even been on the ride yet!" Haha, he said he'd be finishing his memory card before then. So hopefully we get a ton of pics when we're there in April. It helps with reliving the magic once you get home! Don't they understand?!?

I've never been upstairs to see the aquariums either! I'm so excited to go! I've seen pictures of manatees and the hidden Mickey rocks in the water. I really want to see it for myself.

I think Sum of All Thrills is so cool! It's such a great idea! Of course, I'm not into thrill rides, so I would make mine very simple, and I don't know if there would be a point in waiting for that! Haha. How did that work? I've seen the videos of it, but are there a bunch of stations to design your ride or just two? I'm curious to know if you have to wait for people to design AND ride or if they take whoever is finished designing first.

Looking forward to more as usual! I like your trip report style. Pictures along with the details and commentary!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #81
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in and going back to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry I've been missing...my computer is being fixed and I have to wait until oldest son is home for me to use his laptop.

Love the latest update. I especially like the kids trying on the hats (if you glance at my TR listed in my signature, you will see that DH LOVES to try on silly hats).

As for your youngest, I promise he will "grow up." At 21, mine still give me days that I want to pull out my hair, but in the last two years, I've seen him grow up a lot (could have something to do with him losing his grandpa last year who practically lived with us for all of youngest son's life). But it does get better...and they certainly don't let you have a "boring" day in the process. Hang in there.
Sorry your computer is on the fritz - I hate it when that happens. Mine was 'in the shop' for several days a few months ago and I was having major withdrawls!

I'll have to check out your TR - I love silly hat pics too!

I remember Don didn't really grow up until he was about 23-24, so I've got a few years to wait! But in the meantime he does keep me entertained to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Very nice so far. I'm in.
Thanks & welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post
Omigod, Wigd, did you read this? Do you think you could make this happen once?
Trust me, it doesn't happen often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
GREAT updates!!! Those beignets look yummy!! I instantly thought of The Princess and the Frog when you mentioned them. I'm not one to ride Mission Space either--DH has to ride that one alone--not my cup of tea! Can't wait to hear more!!
I soooo want to see The Princess and the Frog, but noone will go with me and I hate to go to movies alone. I'm seriously considering a drive up to Wichita to have Wigd go with me

Uggg, I can't stand Mission:Space. I've only ridden the wimpy side too and I still felt awful afterwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Well, it was the first day of the trip! You had plenty of time to get your shopping groove on!
Don was so proud! Really I think it was just because I was tired from getting up so early in the morning. The store was SUPER crowded and all those people were making me cranky - I just needed to chill for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
This is a great picture of the monorail and SSE!
Thanks! I sat over by Universe of Energy for a bit and waited for one to come by.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #82
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Hummmm, where are you going to eat??? I am guessing Germany! Don't have any rational for that guess, just a guess! Looks like you had a good weather day in Epcot.
Hmmm, Germany - maybe, maybe not!

The weather that day was pretty nice, it was chilly if you were in the shade, but felt great in the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrutland View Post
I would like to report & I might, but I work from home and my time is going to start getting less & less so I don't know if I will be able to!! I could report, but the hard part would be responding to everyones posts & that's 1/2 the fun! We'll see...I am already addicted so I might not have a choice!!
Well, if you decide to write one let me know, I'll read along. Yep, responding to the posts is fun - that's how you really get to know people. Not to mention you get to relive the trip with the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Loved the Mickey cookies!!! (Betty Crocker approves )
Yeah, but yours would have had Mickey's entire face painted onto them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
And 50 minutes for Mission Space????????????? I am so glad we do our Christmas trips early!!! But HOORAY for scoring Soarin' and TT FP's!!!
I KNOW!! I couldn't believe it when it changed from 30 to 50 minutes! I sent Don a text that their wait could be longer than they had anticipated, but the boys wanted to stay in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Loved your Epcot update. I love Epcot. Ok, I love all Disney. But there is something about Epcot that has it all for me. Visiting other countries, seeing our own. The rides. Oh yes, the rides. Love them all. Your boys are so cute. It is a hard age. Wanting to be older but not being able to resist doing silly things still.

Ginny
I love Epcot too, it might be my favorite park, then again nothing can beat the magic of MK, and AK does house my favorite ride and show......guess I love all of Disney too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, it was so cute how you said that the "sighs started" and you had to put your camera way. My family probably didn't understand why I wanted to take so many pictures of things when they're not in the pics themselves, but I think they're getting used to it. The other day I was joking with DBF about how he's going to be taking a million pictures, and I'll be dragging him and saying, "We haven't even been on the ride yet!" Haha, he said he'd be finishing his memory card before then. So hopefully we get a ton of pics when we're there in April. It helps with reliving the magic once you get home! Don't they understand?!?

I've never been upstairs to see the aquariums either! I'm so excited to go! I've seen pictures of manatees and the hidden Mickey rocks in the water. I really want to see it for myself.

I think Sum of All Thrills is so cool! It's such a great idea! Of course, I'm not into thrill rides, so I would make mine very simple, and I don't know if there would be a point in waiting for that! Haha. How did that work? I've seen the videos of it, but are there a bunch of stations to design your ride or just two? I'm curious to know if you have to wait for people to design AND ride or if they take whoever is finished designing first.

Looking forward to more as usual! I like your trip report style. Pictures along with the details and commentary!
I love taking pictures, but it drives my family nuts to have to stop all the time for me to take a photo - oh well, they love the pictures after the fact!

I had to ask Don about Sum of all Thrills since I didn't get a chance to ride it myself. He said there were stations (he couldn't remember if it was 3 or 4) where you designed your ride. You could make it a bobsled, rollercoaster or jet. Once you finished designing the ride they gave you a card with your design on it, you took the card upstairs and waited in another line for a ride vehicle to open up (again, there were 3 or 4 of them). Hope that helps!

I keep meaning to head over and check out your PTR - it's on my list, I just haven't made it over there yet! When in April are you going?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #83
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great update! I really wanted to do Sum of All Thrills, but we didn't make time for it.

Quote:

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #84
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not when there are Statue of Liberty Minnie Mouses for 70% off...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #85
Happydog
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your trip! You sound so happy describing it!! Your boys are so handsome! We didn't get to do the simulator, that looked like great fun! WELL for boys not for me! I can't handle the inversions and all that -- hence I am right there with you about Mission Space! GASP!!! NO thankyou!

Lets see dinner.. so I am guessing World Showcase!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #86
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did manage to snap one shot before the sighs started and I had to put the camera away.

Cool that you got this one shot........it's a GREAT one! You mentioned you're using a new camera now? What kind did you get?

Quote:

Up Next: It's almost dinner time - where would we go???

Can't wait to find out.........there are SO MANY good restaurants in Epcot!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #87
Dizney_Luver
Mouseketeer

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #88
pperfectmom
Has the sense of direction of a manatee
What's a chachi?

Hi Michelle! I finally made it over! I wish I could get half as motivated as you to do a TR. Once the trip is over I just can't find the determination to do anything. I'm loving your's though so keep it coming!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #89
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Great update! I really wanted to do Sum of All Thrills, but we didn't make time for it.
Well apparently it's worth making time for, Don & Justin had a great time with it. The good thing about missing out on something is though that it gives you an excuse to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

Not when there are Statue of Liberty Minnie Mouses for 70% off...
You know, sometimes money is just SCREAMING to be spent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
What a great start to your trip! You sound so happy describing it!! Your boys are so handsome! We didn't get to do the simulator, that looked like great fun! WELL for boys not for me! I can't handle the inversions and all that -- hence I am right there with you about Mission Space! GASP!!! NO thankyou!

Lets see dinner.. so I am guessing World Showcase!
The simulator ride has a bobsled one that doesn't go upside down at all! That's the one I would have chosen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Cool that you got this one shot........it's a GREAT one! You mentioned you're using a new camera now? What kind did you get?
I got a Cannon Rebel xsi, it's a DSLR and WAY more camera than I know how to use. I've always just had a point and shoot. I need to take a class to learn how to use this one, I just haven't had a chance to do that yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizney_Luver View Post
I'll be getting another update up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pperfectmom View Post
Hi Michelle! I finally made it over! I wish I could get half as motivated as you to do a TR. Once the trip is over I just can't find the determination to do anything. I'm loving your's though so keep it coming!
Hey there Marna!! Glad you came over. You really should do a TR, it's a great way to drag out your trip just a bit longer. I'll have the rest of day 1 up today, but I may have to stall a bit before I start day 2, I'm waiting for my photopass CD to arrive!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #90
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

By now we were getting close to our dinner ADR time, so we started in the direction of World Showcase. We stopped by the poinsettia trees for some pictures; I think these are so pretty!

And took one of the massive tree

Then walked into Mexico. I've never noticed this little boat thing down there, but I think it's cute.

The Three Kings were coming out just as we got there so stopped to watch their story.

As soon as I snapped this pic

I put the camera away and we booked it over to Italy for our dinner at Tutto Italia. We had to wait about 5 minutes for our table, not bad at all. We ordered drinks, I had an Italian Margarita and Don had a glass of wine. For dinner I got the Lobster Ravioli, I didn’t remember it being on the menu last time we were here, it was very good. Don got the Spicy Linguini, Justin had Lasagna and Jared had fried cheese for his appy and pasta in a cream sauce for his entrée. Everyone liked their selections – no complaints here. For dessert, I had the Chocolate Torte, Justin had the Chocolate Mousse from the kids menu, and Jared got Chocolate Gelato. Don skipped dessert. We all really enjoyed this meal. I know some people have said that they felt rushed here, but we didn’t experience that all. We were served quickly, but I never got the feeling that we were being pushed through our meal.

After dinner the boys wanted to hit up the two WS rides, and then use our FPs. As we passed Germany Don stopped to get a glass of hot Gluwein, he had seen many people enjoying it and had to give it a try. He said it was alright, too sweet for him. I took a little sip and didn’t care for it, but I’m not much of a wine drinker.

We hit up Maelstrom first and had to wait for what seemed like an eternity to enter the theater at the end. That’s the one thing that keeps me from enjoying this ride, I wish there was another way out! After that we took the Grand Fiesta Tour with Donald Duck, took this picture of the tree all lit up on our way back into FW

We used our FPs for Test Track and Soarin’ and headed for the gates. We were all beat – 4am had been a long time ago! Thankfully, our luck with the buses continued on this night because just as we were walking up to the stop a bus pulled in.

When we got back to the hotel we stopped at the concierge desk to pick up the box of decorations that we had shipped down and then we headed to the room where the boys had a little surprise waiting for them.

Here’s a pic of what was inside their baskets:

Christmas Mickey ears, a refillable resort mug, a Christmas pin, a pressed penny book and a $10 arcade card. They were pretty excited about their new loot. Justin even modeled his ears for me.

After the gifts had been opened, Don called bell services to have them bring over our grocery order, and then we all got ready for bed. Before bed though, I had to at least unpack my suitcase – I HATE living out of a suitcase, and tired as I was, I wasn’t about to go to bed and have to dig through my suitcase to find everything the next morning. So, I put my things away, while the boys began to snore. It didn’t take too long and I was snoring right along with them.

Last edited by SoonerGirl; 01-05-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: