Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #151
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Oh my, it rained 11 inches in one day? I can't even imagine. I knew that there was a stretch last May when Orlando got dumped on in the rain department, but that is a crazy amount of rain!
YES!! 11 inches!! It was CRAZY!! We ended up leaving the park early and going back to the Poly to get ready for dinner and dry out. I'm hoping for better weather this May--we really want to explore AK more!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #152
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

After our 2 weeks on an African safari were over we decided to head over to Camp Minnie Mickey for Festival of the Lion King. Of course, I took a few photos as we walked.

I love all these little statues - so cute!

Pretty little tree as you enter Camp Minnie Mickey

We got in line for FoTLK pretty early, I don’t remember exactly, but I think it was at least 45 minutes before the next show started. There were already a ton of people there! We had to sit pretty high, but I still managed to get a few decent photos.

We all love this show; even the Grump thinks it’s very well done!

After the Lion King we walked over to see Nemo. They were already seating for the next show so I was worried we wouldn’t get in, we didn’t have the best seats, but we were in.

I think this is a cute show too, I much prefer it to its predecessor. Sorry but I wasn’t a fan of Tarzan Rocks…

We all agreed that it was now time to call it a day, so towards the exits we went. We got to the front gates and the boys needed to use the restroom, so while they took a potty break I went and took a few pictures of the giant Christmas tree. I love this tree!!

Continued in the next post

Last edited by SoonerGirl; 01-13-2010 at 11:12 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2010, 11:11 AM   #153
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

We got back to the resort and took our time getting back to the room, snapping pictures along the way.

We walked around the pool, and talked to the lifeguards on duty. I asked one of them if they had had a boring day, it was really too cold to swim. He said they hadn't had a swimmer since he'd been there that day - yeah, he was a little bored!

Once in the room my goal was to get organized. First I unpacked everything and got the suitcases out of the floor. Then I unloaded the grocery bags. Finally we got around to decorating the room. Our sparsely decorated tree (I’m almost ashamed to post this after seeing Happydog’s tree!).

You can also see the cute little tree that mousekeeping left for us in that picture. Here is a close up of it

The stockings I made for the boys.

I didn’t want to bring their ‘real’ stockings, those needed to stay home for Santa. So I bought those super cheap felt ones that they have at Target, then I used my cricut (love that thing!) to cut out the characters and make the name tags. I think they turned out pretty cute. We also had window clings on the window but I forgot to take a picture of those.

Now I felt better – suitcases, boxes, bags were all unpacked, room was decorated, we were organized! Whew!!

That done, it was time for dinner, so off to the food court we went.

This time Don had the chicken quesadilla, he said it was really good. I had pepperoni pizza and a small salad, the salad was good……the pizza, ehhh, not so much. Justin had chicken nuggets & fries and Jared had spaghetti. He said his spaghetti was just alright; Justin tasted it and said it was nasty. For dessert we had cheesecake, chocolate cake & a brownie. They were all just ehhhh as well.

The boys were itching to go play in the arcade but had left their cards in the room. Don walked them back to get them and I strolled through the gift shop then met them at the arcade.

Justin found a basketball goal - I think he spent the majority of his time here!

Once they were settled, Don & I went over a got a few beers at the Scat Cat’s Lounge and took them back to the room. It was nice to sit in a quiet place and unwind a bit.

We had planned on going over to MK for EMHs that night, but as Don & I sat there and unwound we decided that we really didn’t want to go. The boys got back from the arcade and moaned and complained about it, but it wasn’t too difficult to convince them not to go. We promised them that we would change up the next day’s plans and head to MK first thing in the morning & they were good with that.

On tomorrow’s agenda: MK & The Epcot Storytellers
Old 01-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #154
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

The FOTLK and Nemo shows are so great!! Glad you got to do both!! And that AK tree is amazing!! LOVE the tree and stockings you brought!! I'm impressed with what you did with the stockings!! What a great way to make your room feel more Christmasy!!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #155
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YES!! 11 inches!! It was CRAZY!! We ended up leaving the park early and going back to the Poly to get ready for dinner and dry out. I'm hoping for better weather this May--we really want to explore AK more!
That is crazy! I'm right there with ya keeping my fingers crossed & hoping for dry weather in May!!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #156
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I love that you decorated your room!

I can't wait to see FOTLK again and Nemo for the first time!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #157
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Your camera took some great closeups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OT, but I was never so disappointed with mine until this past trip. I really hope the new one I got for Christmas from the IL's is better then its predecessor!!)

I love the decs in the room too!!

More! More!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #158
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Fun that you decorated your room! I can't imagine how exciting it would be to be at Disney at Christmas time.... I like the tree in AK too, very unique.
Hummm, the bats... well, we live on a golf course and the course has a few bat houses to help cut down on the insects here. So unfortunately all of us along this fairway have bat "visits" in the summer. They are sooo unnerving, especially at 2:00 am when you are sound asleep and it flies over your head! Talk about jolting awake! They are pretty easy to get back outside but I really don't like them! (sorry about the long story!!)
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #159
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I think you had a great ending to the day! You got to see two nice shows (I've missed Nemo everytime we have been there) and then had some nice downtime at the resort. I love the way you decorated the room. Very cute. The little baby tree that you got from Mousekeeping is adorable! How fun of them to leave that.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #160
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your day was great at AK! You got some nice shots from FOTLK........one of my favorites! It is so well done!

Your room decorations were too cute.........love the tree and stockings! I was always curious as to how well the cricut worked.....you did a wonderful job on the stockings!

I'm loving your resort pics! Chris and I are taking a road trip this summer and decided to book POFQ as our hotel in the Disney portion of our trip. It looks pretty nice from what I've seen in your pics!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #161
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I am drooling over your lens. Fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic pictures of the shows!!!

Must buy zoom lens!

Sounds like a lovely evening around the resort, I really like those lazy times. It feels good sometimes to do nothing...namely on vacation. Love your Christmas decorations!! I bet they made the room feel very festive and fun!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #162
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great update and fantastic photos!

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #163
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Your photos are fabulous! I love all the close ups and the details! I never made it to Camp Mickey Minnie.... I really wanted to see the characters!!! Oh well next time I will get a chance to see what I missed! Your evening photos at POFQ were great!!! I thought the alligators looked cute in the evening all lit up! And your tree is adorable And the stockings too!!! We kepts our regular stockings here at home too. I was glad to find those Disney stockings -- gotta love Target!! You planned a wonderful trip I can tell, and I can't wait to read more!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #164
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

The stockings are great! I recently thought about getting a Cricut machine because I was thinking about how it would help in the classroom. Then I saw the price, eek! It's not something that I have money for in my budget now because the machine and the cartridges are so much!

I am curious, however, about how it works. I know that you put the cartridge in and the point is for the machine to do all the cutting. But - this might sound silly - how does that multi-colored character come out? Do you layer it?

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #165
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
The FOTLK and Nemo shows are so great!! Glad you got to do both!! And that AK tree is amazing!! LOVE the tree and stockings you brought!! I'm impressed with what you did with the stockings!! What a great way to make your room feel more Christmasy!!
I was happy with how the stockings turned out and I couldn't beat the price - $1 stockings and some cardstock. Don fussed at me a little about spending the money to ship decorations to the hotel, but I we had to have at least a small tree for Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I love that you decorated your room!

I can't wait to see FOTLK again and Nemo for the first time!
Oh, you're going to love Nemo - very cute, and a GREAT place to go get out of the heat for a little while, AK always seems to feel so hot (well, unless of course it's below 50 degrees outside, then it doesn't feel so hot....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Your camera took some great closeups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OT, but I was never so disappointed with mine until this past trip. I really hope the new one I got for Christmas from the IL's is better then its predecessor!!)

I love the decs in the room too!!

More! More!
I've forgotten did you say what kind of camera they got you? Don bought me mine for Christmas last year (still haven't really learned how to use it ) and even though I only scratch the surface on what it can do, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Fun that you decorated your room! I can't imagine how exciting it would be to be at Disney at Christmas time.... I like the tree in AK too, very unique.
Hummm, the bats... well, we live on a golf course and the course has a few bat houses to help cut down on the insects here. So unfortunately all of us along this fairway have bat "visits" in the summer. They are sooo unnerving, especially at 2:00 am when you are sound asleep and it flies over your head! Talk about jolting awake! They are pretty easy to get back outside but I really don't like them! (sorry about the long story!!)
Well, I guess they serve a purpose, but I'd sure hate to be awoken by one!

I really, really liked the AK tree, lots of really cool ornaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I think you had a great ending to the day! You got to see two nice shows (I've missed Nemo everytime we have been there) and then had some nice downtime at the resort. I love the way you decorated the room. Very cute. The little baby tree that you got from Mousekeeping is adorable! How fun of them to leave that.
Wasn't that little tree cute! We had a great Mousekeeper, she left us a few surprises that week.

It was nice to just unwind a bit at the resort and take it easy that evening. I've ran Don ragged in the past so I really tried to slow things down a bit this time so he would enjoy himself a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Sounds like your day was great at AK! You got some nice shots from FOTLK........one of my favorites! It is so well done!

Your room decorations were too cute.........love the tree and stockings! I was always curious as to how well the cricut worked.....you did a wonderful job on the stockings!

I'm loving your resort pics! Chris and I are taking a road trip this summer and decided to book POFQ as our hotel in the Disney portion of our trip. It looks pretty nice from what I've seen in your pics!
I love my cricut - it works great! The cartridges are kinda pricey, but sometimes you can find them on sale. Michaels had them half off a few months ago and I grabbed the Disney one, so the stockings were super easy to make!

A road trip sounds like fun! Where all are you going to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I am drooling over your lens. Fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic pictures of the shows!!!

Must buy zoom lens!

Sounds like a lovely evening around the resort, I really like those lazy times. It feels good sometimes to do nothing...namely on vacation. Love your Christmas decorations!! I bet they made the room feel very festive and fun!
Don got me the lens when he bought me the camera. It's a pain in the butt to switch out lenses, but it came in very handy for the shows and for the safari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridascgirl View Post
Thanks for the great update and fantastic photos!
Glad you enjoyed them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Your photos are fabulous! I love all the close ups and the details! I never made it to Camp Mickey Minnie.... I really wanted to see the characters!!! Oh well next time I will get a chance to see what I missed! Your evening photos at POFQ were great!!! I thought the alligators looked cute in the evening all lit up! And your tree is adorable And the stockings too!!! We kepts our regular stockings here at home too. I was glad to find those Disney stockings -- gotta love Target!! You planned a wonderful trip I can tell, and I can't wait to read more!!!
I actually had those same stockings that you bought in my cart and then decided that since I was only going to use them once I'd go the super cheap route. I got the Disney window clings at Target (thanks to wigd!) they were so cute.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: