Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #136
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Perfect photo of EE and the statue! Great job!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #137
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great update! Why is it not at all suprising that boys are fascinated with poop? Go figure.

The pretzel sounds yummy. Much better than my shredded wheat I'm eating for breakfast.

Yak and Yeti sounds like it was delicious! Is it on the dining plan? Yum!!

You got some gorgeous safari pictures. Good work.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #138
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeah, when you're a boy, it is hard to get excited about elephant tusks when you know someone is talking about poop nearby!

It looks like the tigers and safari animals were pretty active -- we have never seen the cheetahs so visible before!

We enjoyed the food and theming of Yak and Yeti as well -- it's nice to be able to escape to a nice, quiet restaurant during the day.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #139
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I do love to finish up a trip at MK, somehow it makes the trip seem complete. Even if we just pop in and wander around, grab some corn dog nuggets (yep, put that in there just for you ), and take some goodbye photos it'll be worth going over I think. We'll see!
thanks for the "shout-out"!

The poop comment made me laugh. I know those days are soon approaching when Henry will find it hilarious! Currently just the word makes him laugh, but when he sees it ON DISPLAY! I'm sure it will be a highlight....

NYE week at Disney did something kinda funny to me - when you mention a 40 minute wait I now think..."not bad".
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #140
marsa1969
Can we go to Disney yet??

Great pictures of the safari the animals were out posing for you! We ate at Yak & Yeti it was quite tasty! Wish I would have had the wontons, those sound great. We all split the brownie sundae.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #141
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I keep hearing all these good reviews of Tutto Italia and Yak&Yeti; they're going on my "must try" list!

Quote:
First up was Primeval Whirl, but hmmmmm, it had a wait time of 40 minutes – no one likes it enough to wait 40 minutes do they?
Although I do love Primeval Whirl, I would *never* wait 40 minutes for it!

Quote:
They look like they're all lined up to go somewhere!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #142
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I know there will be a few times on the May trip when I wish the boys were with me. Seeing poop at AK will probably one of them (I think I'll get over it quickly when someone says "lets grab a margarita then ride EE again!")

Looks like our paths may cross a couple times in the parks, and of course at the resort!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #143
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Great update!! You got some really beautiful pictures of the park and the animals!! I can't wait to visit AK again! When we were there in May it rained 11 inches the day we were there! Needless to say we didn't get to explore the park like we had hoped!!
I love AK, it's very photographable (is that a word??)

Oh my, it rained 11 inches in one day? I can't even imagine. I knew that there was a stretch last May when Orlando got dumped on in the rain department, but that is a crazy amount of rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I can't imagine what people were thinking riding Kali in those temps. Seriously, you deserve to be cold for even trying it. Just crazy. I didn't even think about riding while I was down there in Dec.
I was actually amazed that the ride was even open. The kids did mention riding once, I just looked at them like they were crazy and said 'do you really want to be wet right now?' They thought about it for a minute and wisely changed their mind!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #144
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Great update! I have never been to Animal Kingdom--it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person (and to ride EE!).
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #145
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Perfect photo of EE and the statue! Great job!
Thanks! I was happy with how it turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great update! Why is it not at all suprising that boys are fascinated with poop? Go figure.

The pretzel sounds yummy. Much better than my shredded wheat I'm eating for breakfast.

Yak and Yeti sounds like it was delicious! Is it on the dining plan? Yum!!

You got some gorgeous safari pictures. Good work.
Boys and gross stuff go hand in hand, I think.

Yak & Yeti is on the dining plan, at least it was, I haven't actually checked this years list of participating restaurants, but I would assume that it is still on there. It was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeah, when you're a boy, it is hard to get excited about elephant tusks when you know someone is talking about poop nearby!

It looks like the tigers and safari animals were pretty active -- we have never seen the cheetahs so visible before!

We enjoyed the food and theming of Yak and Yeti as well -- it's nice to be able to escape to a nice, quiet restaurant during the day.
I think the tigers were more active than I have ever seen them, usually they are just laying around. I was trying to remember if I had ever even seen the cheetahs before, I think this was the first time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
thanks for the "shout-out"!

The poop comment made me laugh. I know those days are soon approaching when Henry will find it hilarious! Currently just the word makes him laugh, but when he sees it ON DISPLAY! I'm sure it will be a highlight....

NYE week at Disney did something kinda funny to me - when you mention a 40 minute wait I now think..."not bad".
Oh man, just wait! Soon poo, burps, farts, anything gross will be the funniest thing ever!! Boys - gotta love 'em!

Isn't it funny how 2 hr wait times change what you think is an acceptable line length?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsa1969 View Post
Great pictures of the safari the animals were out posing for you! We ate at Yak & Yeti it was quite tasty! Wish I would have had the wontons, those sound great. We all split the brownie sundae.
The animals were out & about. I pulled out the 'big' lens for the safari hoping to catch some decent shots.

The wontons were really good, they had carmel drizzled over them and came with pineapple - they were yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I keep hearing all these good reviews of Tutto Italia and Yak&Yeti; they're going on my "must try" list!

Although I do love Primeval Whirl, I would *never* wait 40 minutes for it!

They look like they're all lined up to go somewhere!
I know - they are all facing the same direction and everything - except that one rule breaker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I know there will be a few times on the May trip when I wish the boys were with me. Seeing poop at AK will probably one of them (I think I'll get over it quickly when someone says "lets grab a margarita then ride EE again!")

Looks like our paths may cross a couple times in the parks, and of course at the resort!
Or 'let's grab a Lost on Safari & then ride EE again'!!! After hearing Happydog & CP raving over that drink, I can't wait to try it!

We do cross paths quite a bit - I'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #146
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Great update! I have never been to Animal Kingdom--it looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person (and to ride EE!).
Animal Kingdom has so many great things to look at - don't miss the details, it's really well done!

I think EE is probably my favorite WDW ride, I love it.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #147
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures! I agree with you about AK, I have so many pictures from that park... very "photographical"
FOW is amazing, I am glad you liked it too! We went in there just on a whim and really enjoyed the show. I would go again.
Yes!! I am with you regarding the creepiness of bats when they crawl!!! They are super freaky when they do that!! We had a bat in our house in December and because of the cold it was in slow motion with its wings spread and it crawled on the floor..... ewwww!!! It was easy to catch because of being sluggish but I do NOT like bats!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #148
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Sorry I am late in catching up

My advice for the May trip- get the Sci Fi ADR ASAP. It's getting pretty tough to score lately You can always cancel it later if you change your mind. Also, I probably wouldn't mess with going to a park on your last day with a noon DME pick up. Just stay out late the night before and finish packing in the AM.

Great AK pics!! And lol on the poop! And I am adding the stuffed pretzels to my list of junk to try in June

More!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #149
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

All caught up. Great updates so far! You and your Mom should have a great time. Your plans look great!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #150
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures! I agree with you about AK, I have so many pictures from that park... very "photographical"
FOW is amazing, I am glad you liked it too! We went in there just on a whim and really enjoyed the show. I would go again.
Yes!! I am with you regarding the creepiness of bats when they crawl!!! They are super freaky when they do that!! We had a bat in our house in December and because of the cold it was in slow motion with its wings spread and it crawled on the floor..... ewwww!!! It was easy to catch because of being sluggish but I do NOT like bats!
You had a bat in your house???!!! I've seen them around here a few times at night flying around, but I don't know how I'd handle it if one got into the house and I had to try and dispose of it! I'm getting the chills right now just thinking about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Sorry I am late in catching up
Thats ok!

Quote:
My advice for the May trip- get the Sci Fi ADR ASAP. It's getting pretty tough to score lately You can always cancel it later if you change your mind. Also, I probably wouldn't mess with going to a park on your last day with a noon DME pick up. Just stay out late the night before and finish packing in the AM.
I think I will go ahead and make that ADR for Sci-Fi, just in case. And, you're probably right about that last day - I just love to go to a park for at least a little while on the last day, but we really wouldn't have much time.

Quote:
Great AK pics!! And lol on the poop! And I am adding the stuffed pretzels to my list of junk to try in June

More!!!
The stuffed pretzel was yummy!!

More, coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
All caught up. Great updates so far! You and your Mom should have a great time. Your plans look great!
The closer we get to May the more excited I am, I just can't wait to share Disney with her - I hope she loves it as much as I do!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: