Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Vettegirl's Falalalala DL Dec 09 now a Trip Report (pics galore!)

Hello fellow Disers,
My name is Lori and I am so excited to share will all my Dis pals my upcoming plans for my DL and So Cal trip. I truly love Disney and have been to WDW and DL Paris. Nothing compares to the orginal Disnyland though, even though DL Paris came close in some ways We will be in So Cal Dec 3-8 and will continue on to Hawaii for 6 days, can't wait

My DH who likes Disney, doesn't share the same enthusiasm I do, but still has a ball when were are there!

Here are a few pics to share some of my previous Disney experiences before I begin the ol' trip report.

Last edited by vettegirl; 12-19-2009 at 08:15 PM.
vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Day 1 Pre Trip Report.

Our flight gets in from Houston to LAX at 9:30 and I already have our car reserved with Hertz for 5 days total $120 and with AAA we get a free upgrade

As far as a plan for the first day I am not sure. I am sure we will go to Hollywood Blvd. check out Beverly Hills and us being classic car nuts go around to a couple of the classic car dealerships. I know while we are at HB I want to check out the Disney Soda Fountain, it wasn't there back in 2000 so I am looking forward to checking it out. May even try it for lunch as their menu prices are cheap!

The first night our hotel is free via my Capital One Rewards Debit card whoo hoo! I haven't quiet decided but the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn looks nice and they offer a free shuttle to Universal Studios and Citywalk. We plan on visiting the Citywalk that night to catch a movie at their awesome theather. I remember back in 2000 we saw Gladiator there and it was amazing. I plan on buying the movie package from the entertainment card in advance and save some $$$$$$

If anyone has any tips or suggestions for anything I might be missing for the first day let me know!

Here are a few more past Disney pics from our adventures!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Day 2
Day 2 will find us at Universal Studios, it has been almost 10 years since we have visited this fun park. I am super excited as they have so many new rides and shows to see. I can't wait to ride The Simpsons and The Mummy rides. I wonder what kind of Christmas decor they will have up?

After Universal we will be heading over for a night at the Queen Mary. I have never been, my DH has. On the way I would like to try an In N Out burger, can you believe I have never had one! Can't wait to see what the big hoopla is. Our stay at the Queen Mary is also free through my debit card rewards Just pay for parking and that's it. I checked out they prices for the restaurants and I have to say I will be saving my $$ for DL they are too darn expensive

Next up Day 3 Long Beach, OC, and finally DL Hotel!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
SundaeAfternoon
I love my Golden furbaby!

Hi there! Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Disneyland and Hawaii...does it get any better then that?
SundaeAfternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I am so excited, if only the Disney resort on Oahu was open, it looks like it is gong to be pretty amazing.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Day 3!
That morning we plan on checking out the Queen Mary and all of her glory. It looks so beautiful and can't wait to learn about all the history that occured on it. After that we will probably just drive around and see where the day takes us!

That afternoon we will be making our way to DL Hotel. Neither of us have never set foot in the hotel and really have no idea what to expect. I know I have always wanted to stay there but was not willing to pay the price. Thanks to the military discount which takes it to $139 a night, could not pass it up. I thought about concierge but my fellow Disers advised me for 2 people it's not worth it and I agree. So my next questions is should I upgrade the view or just take what I get. Also I wonder if they will give me a new room, it is still a few months away so maybe they will have a bunch of renovated rooms!

We we arrive of course I plan on checking out the hotel, maybe go to Team Mickey fit for a little exercise because I will need it because we are going to Goofy's kitchen for dinner. I already purchased my vouchers on getawaytoday.com Oh my it sounds so good, I am not sure what time to make the PS for, I was thinking like 6 or 6:30 so afterwards in all of our full misery we can cruise around DT Disney. Which I love, even better than the one at DW. That evening I guess we might try one the pools but it being Dec it may be to cold, however I have heard on the boards the pools are heated.

We will need our beauty sleep as I am going to be the first one in DL that morning LOL. You know it's funny when we went to DLP last year were the only ones waiting for it to open and the first ones in, talk about magical.

Coming up Day 4! Finally I get to see the holiday decor

Old 09-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
SundaeAfternoon
I love my Golden furbaby!

You will have to let me know how the Mummy ride is. I have always wanted to try it!
SundaeAfternoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #8
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Coming up Day 4 First day at DL parks!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Just wanted to share with my DL pals that I booked a solo 3 day trip to DW Oct 26-28! I had a few days left on a military salute ticket to use. I will continue with my DL PTR soon!

Old 10-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I'm really excited to hear about your plans for L.A. We are going during November, and we are looking for things to do around LA on the days we aren't going to the parks. I can't think of a more perfect trip than to do Disney first and then Hawaii. Great planning!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

How fantastic. What a vacation! Oh I do love In n out. Its some good stuff. I love the fries.

FUN! A solo to WDW. Nice!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Well my solo DW trip now includes my sweet MIL, looking forward to it leave Monday

Now on to our first day at DL. I know we will be heading first for one of those yummy cinnamon rolls. No one makes them like Disney. After that we will probably head to the Space Mountain. I have not been on it in a couple of years. Then will probably head to NOS and to my favorite HMH, it's one of the neatest rides have ever been on. It's loaded with things to look at and you need several rides through to soak it all in. After that I am sure we will hit another fav Splash Mountain. It's so hard to preplan this stuff. We don't have any plans for lunch I know we will be eating light because we have a 7:00 PM ressie for my favorite restaurant is the whole world Blue Bayou. Can't wait to get my bowl of jamabalaya. I purchased $75 in Disney giftcards for this meal to surprise DH. He can buy me a nice dinner in Hawaii this ones on me!

More to come soon!

Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 AM   #13
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Yeah, got back from the Ecpot Food and Wine Festival Wed night. Returned home with swine flu!!! I am starting to feel better though, but man that was rough. Just wanted to add I only spent a few hours at MK, and it does not compare to Halloween time at DL. They hardly had any decorations at all. For you all that have had a chance to visit DL at Halloween time it is incredible. MK for sure is a let down for me since I have been to DL, just my opinion though. Whoo Hoo my trip is almost a month away!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Trips a month away today

Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
javaj
DIS Veteran

Loved your pics and have fun preparing for your trip. We have a short trip planned close to Christmas, we always try to go to DL when we see family in SoCal.

Sorry you got sick at WDW, we also came back from F&W a few weeks ago but we were actually able to keep the whole family healthy this time.

Have a great trip! I look forward to your TR.
javaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: