Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Critique my dining plans, please!

I need help! I've having second thoughts and have some meals missing all together for our trip in February. A first trip in 20 years for my mother, myself and DH and the first trip for my DD5.5. My aunt is also joining us and she's been a couple of times before, though isn't a Disney expert at all. Also, my mother has MS and will be using a ECV most, if not all of the days. I have a couple of holes and if I picked a stinker, please let me know!

Here is my current ADR list...

2/3-arrive late afternoon, so no parks.
Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare.

2/4-MK
Breakfast-Chef Mickey's
Lunch-?
Dinner- California Grill-this is the first meal for my mother and aunt.

2/5-MK/Epcot
Breakfast-Kona
Lunch-??-We'll be at MK until 3ish for my daughter's BBB appointment.
Dinner-Princess dinner in Norway

2/6-AK
Breakfast-Tusker House
Lunch-Probably Flame Tree
Dinner-Currently Jiko, but I'm thinking about changing to Boma since DD and my mother will be beat and won't want to sit through a whole formal meal.

2/7-Epcot
Breakfast-?? Thinking about grabbing something at the resort on the way.
Lunch-?? {thinking about trying the CS in Morocco}
Dinner-Narcoossee's {DD is going to the kid's club at Poly.} We would like somewhere 4 adults would have a good meal, but not V&A. Or maybe we should just stay at Epcot and eat as a family.?

2/8-Epcot or relaxing around resort in the AM then MK for dinner and parade/fireworks.
Breakfast- Ohana-this is the last meal that my mother and aunt will be at.
Lunch-Pecos Bill's or somewhere at resort if we don't go to Epcot.
Dinner-??-Where do you eat at MK? We need to have time to find a place for Wishes, since the Dessert Party isn't going on anymore.

2/9-DHS/DTD
Breakfast-grab something at Poly and try to make rope drop at DHS
Lunch-50's PTC
Dinner-???-Not sure where to eat. I don't think we'll spend that much time at DTD, so maybe somewhere on the Boardwalk? What would make a great last meal for us in WDW?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

You have a great list so far.

How about Cosmic Rays in MK for another counter service choice for lunch. They have a great variety and your whole group can find something there I am sure..
Also how about trying Ohana at the Poly resort when your dd is at her place. The food and atmosphere is great.....
Hope you and your family have a great time....and it is creeping up quick...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
You have a great list so far.

How about Cosmic Rays in MK for another counter service choice for lunch. They have a great variety and your whole group can find something there I am sure..
Also how about trying Ohana at the Poly resort when your dd is at her place. The food and atmosphere is great.....
Hope you and your family have a great time....and it is creeping up quick...
Thanks! I'll look into Cosmic Rays. What part of MK is it in?

I thought about Ohana, but I kind of want to do one of the nicer places. My mother loves to eat out, but my dad doesn't, so they don't go out a ton at home. So I thought it would be a nice treat for her.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Don't cancel Jiko. The food is amaaaaaaaaazing, and it's not super formal. I mean, the atmosphere is very nice and they bring out hot towels but it's not like the people there aren't in t-shirts and jeans.
PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShea View Post
Don't cancel Jiko. The food is amaaaaaaaaazing, and it's not super formal. I mean, the atmosphere is very nice and they bring out hot towels but it's not like the people there aren't in t-shirts and jeans.
It's not so much the dress code, as I'm afraid at 6pm my dd and mother aren't going to have enough "nice and happy" left in them for a real meal. I'm hoping that I can get them through the buffet quicker. I don't know though, I'm still thinking! So confused!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateMW View Post
I Dinner-Narcoossee's {DD is going to the kid's club at Poly.} We would like somewhere 4 adults would have a good meal, but not V&A. Or maybe we should just stay at Epcot and eat as a family.?

I might stay at Epcot and do the San Angel Inn or Chefs de France. Or perhaps while your child is at the kid's club stay in the Poly for the Kona Cafe, which is better than Narcosse's IMO

Quote:
Dinner-??-Where do you eat at MK? We need to have time to find a place for Wishes, since the Dessert Party isn't going on anymore.
Go quick service such as Cosmic Rays (a personal favorite for Sonny Eclipse) Its located in Tomorrowland near the Speedway, or the Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square

Quote:
Dinner-???-Not sure where to eat. I don't think we'll spend that much time at DTD, so maybe somewhere on the Boardwalk? What would make a great last meal for us in WDW?
If you like seafood, you could try the Flying Fish Cafe.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

Everything looks great. On the MK day you said you were looking for something. I definately go with Tony's. It's very good.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I am going to be very honest and based on my own experiences so no flames

2/3- Dinner @ 1900 Park Fare. No way would you ever see me eat here again, the food is terrible, horrible and way too salty. I would go to the Wave instead

2/4-MK
Breakfast-Chef Mickey's Fantastic food and alot of fun, can get very loud though
Lunch-? I would go to CHH
Dinner- California Grill-this is the first meal for my mother and aunt. Amazing food, ambiance and service

2/5-
Breakfast-Kona Fantastic, the best food and pressed pot coffee!
Lunch-??-We'll be at MK until 3ish for my daughter's BBB appointment. Main Street Bakery for sandwiches
Dinner-Princess dinner in Norway Never been for dinner but we love breakfast and the character interaction is the best!

2/6-Breakfast-Tusker House Have not been here but I hear the food is wonderful but the character interaction and noise are very negative to the place
Lunch-Probably Flame Tree Awesome! The pork is my fav!
Dinner-Currently Jiko, but I'm thinking about changing to Boma since DD and my mother will be beat and won't want to sit through a whole formal meal. We didnt like Boma dinner at all and after last month we will not go back to Jiko...I would go to DTD for WPE or Fultons

2/7-Epcot
Lunch-?? {thinking about trying the CS in Morocco} That used to be our favorite but not anymore, the food isnt as good as it once was...I prefer Sunshine Seasons veggie cuban
Dinner-Narcoossee's {DD is going to the kid's club at Poly.} We would like somewhere 4 adults would have a good meal, but not V&A. Or maybe we should just stay at Epcot and eat as a family.? Never been but would love to try it!

2/8-Epcot or relaxing around resort in the AM then MK for dinner and parade/fireworks.
Breakfast- Ohana-this is the last meal that my mother and aunt will be at. DH and I had a blast at this breakfast, the food was awesome, you can order pressed pot from Kona and the characters are a hoot!
Lunch-Pecos Bill's or somewhere at resort if we don't go to Epcot. I would go to Capt Cooks at the Poly or Gasparilla Grill at the GF...both are great!
Dinner-??-Where do you eat at MK? We need to have time to find a place for Wishes, since the Dessert Party isn't going on anymore. Tonys is amazing! The Plaza is very good too

2/9-DHS/DTD
Breakfast-grab something at Poly and try to make rope drop at DHS They have incredible cheese danish there! A new breakfast sandwich similar to an Egg McMuffin too
Lunch-50's PTC Great choice, love the fried chicken
Dinner-???-Not sure where to eat. I don't think we'll spend that much time at DTD, so maybe somewhere on the Boardwalk? What would make a great last meal for us in WDW? Flying Fish is out of this world!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
KateMW
DIS Veteran

Gosh Nicki, you're a dining rockstar! Thanks so much!

I do have one or two questions...first, is 1900 so bad that you would skip it, even though you knew your sweet daughter would be over the moon to see Cinderella the first three hours she's at WDW?

Second, how long does it take and how do you get to DTD from AK? Is Fulton's on the dining plan? I might scrap the whole dinner plan that night and get Cirque tickets.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:31 AM   #10
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

Well I'll throw my 2 cents in on where I've eaten and what I woul recommend!

On 2/4 for lunch, I would 2nd Nicki's suggestion of Columbia Harbour House. Best CS in the MK, hands down!

Regarding Jiko and Boma - I haven't been to Jiko yet, but it looks amazing. I took their culinary tour and got to try the breads and dips appetizer and I would make an ADR solely based on how fabulous the Naan bread was! I recently tried Boma for the first time and it was really good. It would make for a quicker meal to eat at Boma...I don't think you could wrong either way.

On 2/7, if you're looking for an exceptional adults only meal, I would cancel Narcoossee's and make an ADR for Citricos. It's my all time favorite WDW restaurant. I tried Narcoossee's recently and it was just ok. Not bad in any way, but Citricos is really outstanding so I'd rather eat there since the two places are in the same price bracket. If you go, request Keira or the blonde Nancy as your server!

For 2/9 - If you don't want to give up Narcoossee's, you could try Citricos for dinner on this day. Or if you want something at DTD, I liked Portobello's. If you want something quick, WPE is good. If you're looking to dine at The Boardwalk, I would avoid Kouzzina!

Nicki is a dining rockstar! I would urge you to take a look at her dining reports.....but caution, they may induce drooling!

How long you need to get from AK to DTD will depend on what mode of transportation you use. If you have a car, I'd give it 15-20 minutes. If you have to use the Disney system, allow 45 minutes.

Fulton's is not on the DP.

Enjoy you trip!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #11
pozey
Mouseketeer
I think I would rather listen to fingernails scrape across a chalkboard than listen to gum popping

I think everything looks great.

I would suggest keeping Narcoossee's... It was one of the best meals of our last trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: