Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
teamstrawley05
Earning My Ears

Over Charged for Dinner

I was wondering if anyone could answer a quick question...

We ate at Hollywood and Vine. My mother in law graciously paid for all of us to eat (9 adults, 2 children and 1 infant that they don't charge for)
She was just looking at her receipt and was charged for 11 adults, and 4 children.

Does anyone know if she calls the 407 wdw dine # if there will be anything they can do about it now? She paid over $400 for dinner with gratuity included and still left a tip.

Thanks for your help )
teamstrawley05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Nadjalu
DIS Veteran

I assume you have checked out of your hotel?

If so probably not, but I would call anyway. You never know. Hopefully you will get someone who can sprinkle some pixie dust and refund her the money. I would def. call but don't get your hopes up.

Good luck, I hope she gets reimburst that was wonderful of her to pay.
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
ROEDISNEY
DIS Veteran My name is Disney

If you have your receipt I definately call.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

Did you make ADRs & still have the confirmation number? Perhaps they could compare them? Not that someone couldn't add on at check in time, but at least you'd have some sort of backup info.

Also...is it her cc# on the receipt? Perhaps the waitress just mixed them up when returning the paperwork? Does the receipt match her cc charge? Or was it cash?

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
DznyDreamz
DIS Veteran

I do not know if this will help you, but after I checked out of our last trip, I noticed several items on our receipt that had been double charged to our room. This is the email address listed on the bill for questions on bills:

resortsresearchandbilling@disneyworld.com

Perhaps they can assist you? I scanned a copy of my bill with the items questioned and the promptly refunded me. I'm not sure how you "prove" who was at the table, but you should definately try to get a credit.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
DisCopper
DIS Veteran

It's worth a try to call, but honestly, if I worked there, I don't know if I'd refund the money. Unless there was some way to "prove" that there weren't 11 adults, I'd have to go with the assumption that you were just trying to pull a scam.

I'm not saying you are (at all), but there are TONS of people in this world who are trying to get something for free. And they will sometimes go to all kinds of effort to make it happen.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
BenandMorgsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamstrawley05 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could answer a quick question...

We ate at Hollywood and Vine. My mother in law graciously paid for all of us to eat (9 adults, 2 children and 1 infant that they don't charge for)
She was just looking at her receipt and was charged for 11 adults, and 4 children.

Does anyone know if she calls the 407 wdw dine # if there will be anything they can do about it now? She paid over $400 for dinner with gratuity included and still left a tip.

Thanks for your help )
First thing I would do is call Disney directly and attempt to resolve the situation with them.
Next I would immediately call my credit card company and explain the situation. Most cards provide a protection service for their customers for instances such as this. They will take a statement regarding the overcharge and usually refund the money in no more than 2-3 business days. I had to utilize this protection on my Amex card for an overcharge at the BWV several years ago. No problem at all.
Good Luck
BenandMorgsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: