Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #106
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Hi Sheree!! Another Minnesota girl here!! LOVE the Wild jerseys by the way!! And go Vikes!!!!
Anyways, love your TR so far!! It is so cool to stay at 3 resorts in one trip, I would LOVE to do something like that someday!! And a cruise too for that matter! Glad to know the drive wasn't so horrible from the Twin Cities, DH and I would love to that with our kids when they are a little bit older AND I would have to agree that the toll booths in Illinois are awful! We have eaten at the McD's in Tomah before many times on our way to visit DH family in eastern Wisconsin! It's always fun to read a TR from people from MN!!!! Can't wait to read more!!! Stay warm, tomorrow is supposed to be a real cold day!!!
~Beth
Hey Beth!
It's always nice to hear from other Minnesotans! Where do you live? I'm in Oakdale.
I see you have a trip coming up - I'm going to have to check out your PTR! You stay warm too!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #107
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Hey Beth!
It's always nice to hear from other Minnesotans! Where do you live? I'm in Oakdale.
I see you have a trip coming up - I'm going to have to check out your PTR! You stay warm too!!!
No way!!! I grew up in Oakdale and now live in Woodbury!! Love the eastside I am trying to "feel warmer" by reading trip reports!! Looking forward to an update!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #108
drakes
DIS Veteran

Schwan (lol) Yay for you. that view is very cool of MGM/ DHS !
The rooms there are nice, beds do look super comfy!
Glad the drive went so smoothly for you!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #109
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
No way!!! I grew up in Oakdale and now live in Woodbury!! Love the eastside I am trying to "feel warmer" by reading trip reports!! Looking forward to an update!!
Well you really are a neighbor!! I'm in Woodbury all the time. Used to live there before I got married too. Do you know where Imation is? Hwy 5 and 694? I live about a mile from there.
I'll try to get an update up soon - might not be til Saturday.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #110
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Phew!!! All caught up now! Can't believe my hubby got to it before I did!

WOW!!! Sheree, you are an amazing woman! Planning for 12 people!

We have Canadian Rednecks up here too! People who drive nasty old beat up broken down pick up trucks with beautiful brand new snowmobiles on the back and a big ole dog hangin' out the window!

Love all the pre trip stuff, can'twait to hear how the actual trip went!!! Particularly the drive down and arrival at AKL!!!
ha!!! how funny!!! I guess they are everywhere, right?

SHEREE!!!! This TR is amazing!!!!!You should have done our pre-trippie!!! I read the first couple of pages before I took my computer in...but I am all caught up now...I thought I had posted earlier, but I guess not. Anyhoo....so many things I wanted to comment on! First...I have had the privelege of meeting Sheree twice!!!! She is totally awesome!! If we were closer, she would be my best friend! Our kids got along great--mine kept talking about the girls all week----these are super kids and they are gorgeous!!! Sarah does look exactly like Sheree and Paige looks like Dave....funny...my little Gracie has LuLu for a nickname also!!!!!! I have called her that since she was teeny tiny...don't know why...it just stuck.
Loved the ***** I couldn't figure out why you were doing it tho' Thought it was some new thing...
Love your Passat! My neighbor has a VW...I think it's the Passat, but it's not a wagon...I loooove that car! I am a big ole suburban girl! I have 2 big growing boys and I need all the room I can get!!! I think I would die if I had to ride for 26 hours in a car!!! Dave is awesome!!! Mike and Dave have hit it off both times they have got to 'meet'....Mike always says " I love that guy" when we talk about them...and ds14 says, Me too...he's so cool!!! Ha!!! Dave--you have a fan club!!!!
As far as bringing family: Forget it...ain't gonna happen. I think I would slit my wrists...... we are not that kinda family...I know some people do it and LOVE it...that would just be a sort of extended torture for me. I think if I had a sister...maybe that would work...but I like to do my planning and no one in my family would cooperate...so that's out!
Oh...love the Shwan thing!!! I could just hear him saying that ...okay....keep those updates coming! I am reeeeeaaaaally enjoying this!

Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #111
BlueBayou
Stop trolling, and reel 'er in!

Still loving your trip report. I can't believe you survived 26 hours straight in a car.

I can't see both of our girls (ages 9 and 6) surviving that long They do like to push each others buttons. We do okay with 6 hours or so... but longer...

Our Oct 2009 Dream trip with bumps in the road

Has WDW changed since 1976? - POFQ Oct '09 Pre-Trippie

WDW 2 times in '70's & Oct '09, Disneyland '79, '99, '00, April '01, '02, Dec. '04, June '05, Dec '05, Oct. '06, Oct. '07, Oct. '08, May '10, Oct 11, Oct 12, Oct 13
Old 01-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #112
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

resort tour, shopping, eating & where are we sleeping tonight?

Dang it, I had a post almost ready and accidentally hit something else and POOF! It was gone. So I start over.

So we packed up our belongings and loaded up the car in case we weren't back before check-out at 11. Even though it was drizzly, we didn't really need rain coats, but it was cool. So we walked over to

We walked along the boardwalk and Sarah made friends with a duck swimming along. She loves ducks! One even tried to walk down the dock ramp to one of the boats! We went in the back way to the Boardwalk Inn.

It seemed busy and crowded in the lobby. Of course it was a Saturday morning around checkout time, but I think this was why:

Look at that silly Donald!!
We spent about 15 minutes trying to find the hidden Mickeys and found all but one! The detail on this stuff is amazing!
Isn't this pretty?

For LL

More to come...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #113
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Next up: Beach Club
Oh is this a beautiful resort!! I know some of you have stayed there - LUCKY! We really loved this place and the decorations made it even more beautiful!

All this and we hadn't even gotten inside yet!

Paige's favorite Princess - Belle!

Off to the Yacht Club next! They didn't have a big gingerbread thing, but it was still cool to check out what they did have...
Continued in next post...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #114
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oops - found some more Beach Club pictures:

While we were wandering around toward the gift shop at BC -we saw the place where they do portraits. We spotted this picture and had to snap a shot - See the dog on the left? This is Cody!!! (Only better groomed!). We've always wanted to have the girls' portrait done. Someday before they get too big! It costs around $200 though!!

Okay now the Yacht Club - I love how the Christmas decorations on the tree reflected the theme of the resort too.

So the Yacht Club set up this village with a train running around it and all kinds of cute little buildings and even Santa's workshop! There's lots of references to places around Disney and the YC!

Look at the characters swinging around! And the Mickey ears water tower!

Santa's workshop

Eventually we made our way back to the Dolphin and Swan. During our tour we were playing a game with the girls. Sarah was wondering, if our relatives were meeting us the next day, Sunday, and we were all staying at BLT, where were we sleeping tonight? So we said it's a surprise. They begged and begged. So we gave them clues.
The first was - We had never stayed there before. We'd stayed somewhere different on all our visits, so that took a few out of the running.
We gave them a clue every hour.
They kept asking what time it was!
The second clue was - We have a great view.
The third clue was - Cody would like it.
The fourth clue was - it will be wild.

They didn't guess it!!

Some more walking around pictures before we hopped in the car to see if we could check in at the mystery resort:

cont...
Old 01-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #115
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

More Swan pictures:

There was this HUGE revolving door that fascinated the girls. The special thing was there was a Christmas tree IN it!! It was so fun to rotate the door!

Isn't this pretty?

Here it was about 11:30 and we thought we'd see if we could check in early, knowing full well it was a Saturday and there was NO WAY we would have a room ready. I figured the kids were dying to know where we were headed, so we piled into the car (remember it's still LOADED!) and started driving. They kept guessing, and Sarah, being the smarty pants, is reading the road signs trying to see which way we were headed. As soon as she saw us follow the one that said Animal Kingdom, she guessed - ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!!!!
Well, she was right.
Of course I took a picture at the gate.

While I got in line, Dave and the girls looked around. I was talking to a lady in front of me and I don't remember what their specific issue was, but they had to do something special (maybe switching rooms, or re-checking in). But she was a little older, and her kids were adult age. She noticed my LGMH tag on my purse and asked if I was a DISer!!! Her kids looked at us like we were from Mars, and she told them that's where she read someone's TR about AKL - she mentioned a couple names that I recognized too!!! It was so fun!
So needless to say, our room was not ready, but we got all checked in and they were going to text me with the room number later.
I'll post more pictures of AKL in another episode. I have TONS of them and frankly, I'm getting tired of posting pictures!!

We decided to head to DTD for lunch and shopping. It was clearing up outside, but still chilly. We were going to get our usual Christmas ornament, and I was looking for some gifts too. We knew we had a discount at World of Disney if we used our Disney Visa (that thing got a workout!) So off we went...

And where would we eat?? I'd heard good things about so many places...

Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #116
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful resort tour, Sheree! I think the Christmas decorations at the Epcot resorts are some of my favorites, and I love all the gingerbread creations! How fun to just enjoy all of them!

Yippee for AKL! How I love it there! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #117
manntra
DIS Veteran

Yes, it was a beautiful resort tour! I especially liked the YC decorations....I don't think I have seen that yet in anyones TR. So much detail there.
I was laughing at the tree in the revolving door! That is not something you see every day!!
Looking forward to your AKL pictures....my favorite! I just love the smell as you walk through the lobby....

Tracy
Old 01-09-2010, 09:27 PM   #118
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Well THERE YOU ARE!!! It is so nice to finally see what you look like! What a sweet picture of you and the girls!

Just curious...how long did Sarah wear those pants?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #120
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Thank you all! I really fell in love with the decor and the Christmas decorations of those resorts. I must be destined to stay in a deluxe resort! HA!

Kim - Thank you - I'm usually not in too many pictures, I'm behind the camera more. I'm in a lot of photopass ones, I'm just waiting on the CD. Anyone know how long that takes? I ordered it last weekend.
Sarah only wore those awful pants that day. It seems like longer because of all the pictures, but really it was only our first day after arrival! Plus it warms up! Those pants are in a better place now. Not in our house!

I wanted to mention something else fun about our trip. On Saturday morning I started getting texts from my friend Shawna. You all know her on the DIS as Disneymommy3 from Texas. She was leaving to go to WDW that morning - the day after they had SNOW in TX!!! She kept me posted with messages like "we're at the airport" "we're delayed"!! We knew we would be in the same parks on certain days of our trip, so we had planned to meet up. It was fun to keep track of her travels. There would be many more texts as the week went on!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: