Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #91
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

WOW!! You are quick! I just finished posting my response to your drive down and when it came up on the screen it was AFTER your post about the Swan!

What a beautiful Lobby! Can't wait to see the room pics! Your girls are beautiful! Mine are Soooooo excited to meet them!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #92
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you all lasted as long as you did in the car!!!

Hurray for an extra night at Disney and a stay at the Swan!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #93
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY for an extra day and an additional resort!! Your girls are too cute!!
Thank you so much! They usually don't act like they were posing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
WOW!! You are quick! I just finished posting my response to your drive down and when it came up on the screen it was AFTER your post about the Swan!

What a beautiful Lobby! Can't wait to see the room pics! Your girls are beautiful! Mine are Soooooo excited to meet them!
yes, well, I didn't want the first post to be too long. Thank you about the girls! Mine are going to write yours a letter before your trip. They definitely want to meet them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I can't believe you all lasted as long as you did in the car!!!

Hurray for an extra night at Disney and a stay at the Swan!!!
Yeah, any time I got uncomfortable, I'd turn up the heat on the seat to soothe my back and hips/bum. The girls are better road trippers than I am!
That extra day was really nice - you'll see soon how we enjoyed our time!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #94
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post

It was pretty cool. You'd be proud! I even took pictures of our room before we trashed it! And view pictures! Coming up!

YAY ~ I am so very proud!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #95
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

The Swan

Room Pictures

bathroom

vanity outside bathroom

view looking left from our room - this shows the front entrance to the hotel

view looking right from our room - anyone for TOT?

Depsite the fact that I had been on the boat ride between the two many times, I had no idea that the swan was so close to DHS. I wish you could walk right over and go in a back entrance!

Look - there's the back side of the Boardwalk! (nicer than the back side of water!)

Of course we checked out the gift shop

We wandered around the hotel a bit before heading back to the room for the night.

So we settled into those super comfy beds!! Oh, they were great! I'd heard talk about how nice they were, and let me tell you - one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on!
The next morning, we really didn't have any official plans since we weren't even supposed to be there yet!
So we got up and walked over to the Dolphin to have some breakfast at Picabu Buffeteria. It's a counter service place that has everything imaginable!

On the bridge between Swan and Dolphin there was this large box. Paige was pretty sure it had presents in it. Sarah thought it was supplies for Santa. We never found out. I just noticed that the girls are wearing the same clothes as the day before! Looking back, I realize that we didn't pack a bag with more than one outfit for our "night on the road". I think all their other clothes were in a big suitcase still in the car. Plus they didn't have many pairs of long pants!

Breakfast:

So after breakfast, we decided that even though it was drizzly/rainy, we'd wander around the boardwalk area. It was so nice to be so close to walk!!
We went to see the Christmas decorations at Boardwalk, Beach Club and Yacht Club.
Before I show you how cool they were - a funny story!
You all know how there are big palm trees all over the place (duh, it's Florida). Well, obviously my children are not too familiar with them. Or the leaves and pieces of bark they drop. I'm guessing because of the heavy rain the day before, a lot of stuff had fallen from the trees. So we're walking on a path near Swan and Sarah screams. She has no idea what that THING laying on the ground is!! It's going to bite her!!

It's a leaf. Granted, a very large leaf, but it's a LEAF!
So from then on, every time we saw a leaf, especially a big one, we'd say "Oh my gosh, Sarah, look out - there's a leaf!!"
Yeah, this kid does not go on thrill rides. Who needs them when you have leaves?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #96
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

OMG what awesome pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing them.

I am very determined to stay in the BW area next trip!

Cute leaf story!

Very excited for more!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #97
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Another great chapter!

Those beds look amazing! I sudden;y felt so sleepy just looking at them!

I am in the midst of planning a dream trip (totally in my head and nowhere placed in reality) for me and DH where we get to spend a whole day just wandering around that area! It sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see some pics!

Poor Sarah! My 8 yr old is totally fearless on any thrill ride. Her one ride that she is currently refusing to ride again - Haunted MAnsion!

Keep it coming Sheree!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #98
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

The leaf thing is cracking me up!!! Too funny!! Your room is beautiful! And what a great view you had!!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #99
manntra
DIS Veteran

What a super comfy looking bed at the Swalphin! Perfect for after driving FOREVER!!!
Great view of TOT!
Funny leaf story!

Tracy
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #100
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

SO, was that like 26.5 hrs on the road??? Are my calculations correct? We did 18 and that was MORE than enough for me. Don't know if I could do it again. (20 on the way back but that's a whole other story)!!

The girls are adorable! I would've never noticed they were wearing the same clothes!

That cracks me up about the leaf! Reminds me of when my neice was little (really little) she had a fear of fuzz...we took full advantage of that to entertain ourselves! Terrible people, we are!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 AM   #101
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

WOW that's a long drive! But hooray for an extra Disney Day!

The Swan looks beautiful--I've never really thought about staying there, but it looks very nice, great location, and they do seem to offer some good discounts. Might have to think about that in the future!

Your girls are lovely! Great leaf story, too
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #102
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

The Swan looks really nice! Can't wait to read about your time in the parks!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #103
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I had some major catching up to do! I cannot believe you did all that driving. My goodness! You guys are troopers!

The Swan looks great. I have never seen anyone's TR with the Swan in it so that was nice to see. It is in a great location. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #104
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
OMG what awesome pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing them.

I am very determined to stay in the BW area next trip!

Cute leaf story!

Very excited for more!
Thanks! I love the BW area too!! So close to Epcot and WS (my favorite place!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Another great chapter!

Those beds look amazing! I sudden;y felt so sleepy just looking at them!

I am in the midst of planning a dream trip (totally in my head and nowhere placed in reality) for me and DH where we get to spend a whole day just wandering around that area! It sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see some pics!

Poor Sarah! My 8 yr old is totally fearless on any thrill ride. Her one ride that she is currently refusing to ride again - Haunted MAnsion!

Keep it coming Sheree!
Yeah, those beds were awesome! I would love a trip where DH and I could roam the BW/BC/YC area and World Showcase! Lots of good pics to come!
I even got Paige to go on and enjoy HM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
The leaf thing is cracking me up!!! Too funny!! Your room is beautiful! And what a great view you had!!
Yeah, we got a lot of mileage out of Sarah's leaf fear! The room was so nice - it seemed huge! Too bad it was only one night. We were even able to see some fireworks from Illuminations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
What a super comfy looking bed at the Swalphin! Perfect for after driving FOREVER!!!
Great view of TOT!
Funny leaf story!

Tracy
Maybe that's why that bed seemed so awesome! I had just spent over 24 hours in a car! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
SO, was that like 26.5 hrs on the road??? Are my calculations correct? We did 18 and that was MORE than enough for me. Don't know if I could do it again. (20 on the way back but that's a whole other story)!!

The girls are adorable! I would've never noticed they were wearing the same clothes!

That cracks me up about the leaf! Reminds me of when my neice was little (really little) she had a fear of fuzz...we took full advantage of that to entertain ourselves! Terrible people, we are!!
Yup, your calculations were correct. It was a really long time!
I love the fuzz story! Let's face it - we have kids to entertain ourselves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
WOW that's a long drive! But hooray for an extra Disney Day!

The Swan looks beautiful--I've never really thought about staying there, but it looks very nice, great location, and they do seem to offer some good discounts. Might have to think about that in the future!

Your girls are lovely! Great leaf story, too
Thank you. I love bonus days at Disney!! The Swan/Dolphin is really nice - it has a lot of pros and only 2 cons. No ME and no DDP. But you can get really good deals. It's a deluxe and you can get it for less than $200 per night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
The Swan looks really nice! Can't wait to read about your time in the parks!
Can you believe we don't set foot in the park until Sunday evening??? Don't worry I have lots of stuff to entertain you on Saturday and Sunday morning. Including animals, surprises and a Kona review!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I had some major catching up to do! I cannot believe you did all that driving. My goodness! You guys are troopers!

The Swan looks great. I have never seen anyone's TR with the Swan in it so that was nice to see. It is in a great location. Can't wait to hear more!
Yeah, I think we deserve an award for long crazy driving trips. My husband is big into driving (he can control the time and route etc.) and he really likes to actually drive. So I don't do much driving, but I can't read in the car, so I get bored.
I think I have a few more pics from the Swan to share.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #105
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Hi Sheree!! Another Minnesota girl here!! LOVE the Wild jerseys by the way!! And go Vikes!!!!
Anyways, love your TR so far!! It is so cool to stay at 3 resorts in one trip, I would LOVE to do something like that someday!! And a cruise too for that matter! Glad to know the drive wasn't so horrible from the Twin Cities, DH and I would love to that with our kids when they are a little bit older AND I would have to agree that the toll booths in Illinois are awful! We have eaten at the McD's in Tomah before many times on our way to visit DH family in eastern Wisconsin! It's always fun to read a TR from people from MN!!!! Can't wait to read more!!! Stay warm, tomorrow is supposed to be a real cold day!!!
~Beth

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: