Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #16
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hopping aboard from LL's PTR...

Old 12-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #17
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well - while everyone is hopping over from LL's PTR, I am hopping over from Wigd's new TR. So there!

Looking forward to your adventures driving. I drive a honda, so I am used to having little packing room. I have complete faith that you will pull it off. Reminds me of one trip where we rented a mid size car for 4. We got to the airport and rental car agency late (like 9:30pm) and all they had left were minivans. So the girl behind the desk says to DH, "wouldn't you like to upgrade. I'm sure your wife would want a bigger car". He looks at here with a straight face and says, "Obviously you don't know my wife". So we ended up with this loaded minivan with satellite radio for $150 for 8 days. How great is that?

Anyway - I digress! Looking forward to see your BLT pictures and WOW - a $99 bounceback cruise. That's awesome!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #18
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Very anxious to hear all about your cruise! We are cruising with the mouse in June. I hear the best comments about DCL!
Welcome! Cruising is a lot of fun with Disney!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hopping aboard from LL's PTR...
Thanks for coming! You'll see I've been sucked into LL's obsession with light fixtures too! There's something for everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well - while everyone is hopping over from LL's PTR, I am hopping over from Wigd's new TR. So there!

Looking forward to your adventures driving. I drive a honda, so I am used to having little packing room. I have complete faith that you will pull it off. Reminds me of one trip where we rented a mid size car for 4. We got to the airport and rental car agency late (like 9:30pm) and all they had left were minivans. So the girl behind the desk says to DH, "wouldn't you like to upgrade. I'm sure your wife would want a bigger car". He looks at here with a straight face and says, "Obviously you don't know my wife". So we ended up with this loaded minivan with satellite radio for $150 for 8 days. How great is that?

Anyway - I digress! Looking forward to see your BLT pictures and WOW - a $99 bounceback cruise. That's awesome!
wherever you come from, you're welcome here!
Packing is always an adventure. Are the suitcases too big? Will we have room for souvenirs? This trip was no exception. Unfortunately, I don't think I took a picture of the car all loaded up.

A side note about packing and cars...
In 2007 we flew to WDW, took ME and stayed at POR. Only for a couple days, because we were renting a car and driving to Miami for a cruise. So we get the rental. It's a Chevy Malibu. DH got frustrated with me trying to help packing and so he sent us off. We came back later and he said, you cannot open the trunk until we get there! It was SO jammed!!! When we got off the cruise and had to rent another car to drive back to Orlando, we lucked out and got the minivan! Way better space!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #19
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Ha, I just looked back at the car picture and noticed it was taken in April - if you look across the street, that is SNOW on the ground!! See why we go to WDW in the winter? It lasts about 6 months here!
From your neighbor in WI I understand the whole snow thing...it's so depressing.

Great start, can't wait to hear more!!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #20
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm here!
Haven't had time to read all the way thru~just when I found you, I hear my DH fighting with my kids about brushing their teeth! Is it strange that we have to physically restrain my 3yo on the ground to get his teeth brushed??
I'll catch up in the A.M.!!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyred View Post
From your neighbor in WI I understand the whole snow thing...it's so depressing.

Great start, can't wait to hear more!!
Right on neighbor! Thanks for coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I'm here! I'm here!
Haven't had time to read all the way thru~just when I found you, I hear my DH fighting with my kids about brushing their teeth! Is it strange that we have to physically restrain my 3yo on the ground to get his teeth brushed??
I'll catch up in the A.M.!!!
Heck, I have to do that with my 6 yo some days!! LOL
Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Hey Sheree! I'm just poppin' in to say hi! You're doing a great job with your TR! I can't wait to read more!

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #23
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Thanks for the link! Can't wait to read more and hear all about BLT!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiequilts View Post
Hey Sheree! I'm just poppin' in to say hi! You're doing a great job with your TR! I can't wait to read more!
YAY! Trixie! Thanks for stopping by! More will be posted in the next couple days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm here! Thanks for the link! Can't wait to read more and hear all about BLT!
Oh, if it isn't Mamma Snowbird!! Glad to have you - you are one of my many TR inspirations!! I have to get writing because all this stuff about the trip is swirling in my head and keeping me up at night! My DH and kids are helping me to remember all the details (my journaling was lacking, but that's a story for the TR!).

Stay tuned...
Old 12-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

HEY GIRL!!!!

Sorry I took all day to get here! We have been out doing a lot of visiting and catching up with friends! Summer and Christmas seems to be the only good times for really good social times! Kids have no school and everybody is relaxed and ready for fun!

I am SO loving this TR so far! LOVE your car! A silver VW Passat is my absolute DREAM CAR!!! My inlaws drive a Jetta but I find them to be a bit cranped! The passats have just a touch more leg room!

Can't wait to hear more! GREAT Start!

I will be getting some child free alone time tomorrow so I hope to update with the last day! After that I think I might do some countdown stuff and share my "Lists" with y'all!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #26
Firestarter
Married to a Dis-Genius

Smile

I'm looking forward to reading this. Maybe tomorrow over lunch...

"When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #27
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
HEY GIRL!!!!

Sorry I took all day to get here! We have been out doing a lot of visiting and catching up with friends! Summer and Christmas seems to be the only good times for really good social times! Kids have no school and everybody is relaxed and ready for fun!

I am SO loving this TR so far! LOVE your car! A silver VW Passat is my absolute DREAM CAR!!! My inlaws drive a Jetta but I find them to be a bit cranped! The passats have just a touch more leg room!

Can't wait to hear more! GREAT Start!

I will be getting some child free alone time tomorrow so I hope to update with the last day! After that I think I might do some countdown stuff and share my "Lists" with y'all!
YAY!! Kim is here!! I know how busy it can get during school breaks. Unfortunately, I still have to work most of it, so we don't get to go visiting anyone during the week. I should have a slow day tomorrow and hopefully can post the next installment tomorrow at work. (shh) I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans too. I so wish I was going again soon (meaning during a bad cold snap here!)
You know, I love my Passat. Her name is Pearl. (she's white) We had a silver Jetta wagon before, (named Greta) which I also loved, but it was pretty cramped. Especially with a car seat in the back. Now that we only need a booster, and have more room, the Passat is awesome! Plus it's a super fun car to drive!! And, I know you'll appreciate this, we got one with heated front seats!! I am so loving that these days! (we need a Brrrr smilie!)
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM   #28
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
I'm looking forward to reading this. Maybe tomorrow over lunch...
Hey Ken - welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to your commentary! Maybe by lunch tomorrow I'll have more for you to read.

Since I didn't do a PTR, I have to include the preliminary stuff here. I'll get to the trip before long though, I promise!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #29
trixiequilts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
(we need a Brrrr smilie!)
Like this?

My Trips: January 2009, October 2010, August 2011, February 2012, December 2012, November 2013, May 2014.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #30
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi Sheree!! I just came across your TR and I'm sooo excited to read it! We are planning to go next year before Christmas and I'm researching as much as I can--can't wait to read more tips/experiences from you! Did you like the week that you went? And if so, why? How were the crowds? The weather? I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: