Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
dw123
DW Fan

Smile 5 Day Trip to the World!

Cast:
Me, DW, DD 12 and DS 2 1/2

Day 1 – Wednesday - AK
We arrived at the Orlando airport at 2:30 on April 14. We were able to get the luggage and car quick, and arrived at our hotel – AKL Jambo House – at 4:00 – incredible! We stayed in a standard room, room 4005 – and it was very nice. We had rented a stroller for our 2 ½ year old son from Owner’s Lockers – and the stroller was there and brought to our room. We were VERY happy with the stroller and will definitely do it again! After doing some unpacking, and walking around Arusha Rock, we headed to AK for EMH via the bus (not too bad of a wait).

We got there at 6:00, and headed right to the Flame Tree Barbecue for dinner (we sat in the pavilion that has the great view of Everest). The meal was great, as was the weather. We headed into Dinoland. We wanted to take our son on the “Dinosaur” Dumbo, but the sound of the ride starting up scared him, so we went into the Boneyard instead. That lasted for a while – he enjoyed it – but the T-Rex roar scared him! After that we walked to Everest, and my daughter and I rode it twice.

We were getting a little tired, so we started to head out, first doing some shopping at the Island Mercantile. We got to the bus stop, and had to wait – quite a while, which was very disappointing. After just about 30 minutes, the bus finally came – and was packed to the hilt. We got back to the room and the kids crashed. I headed out to Publix for some groceries, then crashed as well.

Day 2 – Thursday – MK
Our son woke up early (as usual) so we packed up and headed to the MK for morning EMH. We got to the bus stop at 7:40, and were disappointed with the bus service again. There were a lot of people at the stop, and when the first bus came, it was already about filled. So we waited for another bus – which took a while.

We got to the MK, and our son fell asleep as soon as we put him in the stroller! We went to Tomorrowland and my daughter and I rode Space Mountain. When we got off, he woke up, so we went on the Speedway – which he an my daughter loved. We then all went on Winnie the Pooh, and then got a fast pass for it. My daughter and son went on Dumbo, and then we all hit Small World. We then all did Philharmagic – which my sone loved. After that, my wife did some shopping, so my DD, DS and I went to Winnie the Pooh with the fast passes. For some reason it had been down, and just opened up as we got there, so we rode it once on stand-by, and then again with the fastpasses. My DS and I then did the merry-go-round.

We decided to head out, and walked to Toon-town to get on the train – which our DS loves. We arrived at Main St and got back to the busses – which again took about 30 minutes. At the AKL we got lunch from the Mara, and then did some swimming. We then went to Chef Mickey’s for dinner. We did some shopping and then ate – which was great as usual. We then took the monorail around the loop, and then headed back to the room.

Day 3 – Friday – MK and Epcot
My wife decided to rest, so it was me, DS and DD for MK again. This time we drove, and arrived just after opening. We decided to hit Adventureland this time, and rode the Magic Carpets twice, and then did the Jungle Cruise. We then hit the Tiki room – and then the kids walked in the Tiki area and got wet! We did the Country Bears, and then let my DS run in the play area under Splash Mountain. We hopped on the train – and got off at Toon town. As soon as we put my DS in the stroller, he fell asleep, so DD and I went to Casey’s for lunch, and then headed out.

Back at AKL, we went swimming again, and then we all headed out for Epcot in the late afternoon - taking the bus (which was better this time!) Once again, my DS fell asleep when he got in the stroller, so my DD and I hit Mission Space and then the Sum of All Thrills for the first time – which was great! My son woke up, so we went over the Living Seas (our DS loved the Seagulls outside sqwaking “Mine Mine!”) and rode Nemo and the checked out the Aquarium. We got a picture in Bruce the shark’s mouth (he didn’t care for that), and then saw Turtle Talk. We went to the Land and ate dinner at the Sunshine Terrace, and then rode the Land. Did some shopping outside as Illuminations was going on, then got to the bus as it ended. Got home and crashed.

Day 4 – Saturday - DHS
It was morning EMH, so we headed out early and got there just after opening (we drove – had enough with the busses). Went right to Toy Story for fastpasses, and then my DD and I hit TOT (RNRC was down for some reason). Did some shopping, and then went to Playhouse Disney. Did some shopping, got a drink, and then did Toy Story. We went to the Backlot Express restaurant for Burgers, and then went near Pizza Planet for a tattoo for our DS and wrapping some of my DD’s hair. After that, we got a picture of my DS with Lightning McQueen and Mater, did some more shopping, and saw Indiana Jones – a favorite. It was a little after 2:00 now, so we headed out.

Got back to AKL, went swimming, then we all headed over to Coronado Springs to eat at the Pepper Market – which we love. After that went back home, and spent time outside viewing the Animals – and walking around the hotel.

Day 5 – Sunday – MK
Got breakfast at the Mara, and drove to the MK. It was sprinkling, which I think kept the crowds away some. Got on the train at Main St and rode to Frontierland. DD hit Splash Mountain twice – once with my wife and once with me, while DS played in the play area. BTMRR was down, so my wife and DD hit Pirates, and then we did some shopping. Got a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise, and did the Swiss Family Treehouse. We then ate at El Pirata in Adventureland – a first – and loved it. We then hit the Jungle Cruise – and my DD got to skipper it! We then got on the train at Frontierland to leave, and it started to pour. We got back to the car, and the AKL.

Despite the rain, we went swimming – as it was our last full day at AKL. We then drove to AK to eat at the Rainforest Café for dinner. After some shopping, we got back to AKL. It was just before 9:00, and the MK was scheduled to be open until midnight – and then EMH until 3:00am! My DS passed out, so my wife stayed with him, and my daughter and I drove over.

It was still sprinkling, which worked to our advantage – pretty low crowds. We got a fast pass for Space Mountain, and then went to the Laugh Floor. We then hit the speedway, Teacups, and Snow White. We then used out fast passes for Space Mountain – and then rode it again 2 more times. We did the teacups again, and then got to Peter Pan at midnight. There were still a lot of young kids there – and most doing better than us. After the ride we headed out – and got back to our room about 12:45am.

Day 6 – Monday
We woke up, got breakfast from the Mara, and packed. We looked at animals outside once again, and then headed out – and went to the beach.

It was a great trip as usual. Love AKL, but this time thought the bus service was terrible. Highly recommend the stroller from Owner’s Locker – worked out better than we expected, and we’ll do that again. Warm weather the whole time, and the rain on our last day in the parks worked to our advantage. Looking forward to going back!
Coronado Springs - Nov 2008
Coronado Springs - April 2008
AKL - Nov 2007
POP Century - May 2007
Coronado Springs - Nov 2006
Coronado Springs - April 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005
Contemporary Tower 2003
Contemporary Tower 1980
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 PM   #2
lomorton
When it rains, it pours

Sounds like your family had a great time!
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Great trip! I plan to rent a stroller too for my grandson (who will be 3 when we go in late November). I'm glad to hear of great reviews for the rental place. My daughter is afraid tho that we will need one for the airport but I think with 8 adults, we can keep him occupied and not have to drag hers (we took it last time in Dec 2008 and it was such a pain cuz it's so huge!)

You definitely planned your days great - seems your daughter got to enjoy a lot of rides and your son sounds like he had a blast too!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 04-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
jedc53
Earning My Ears

Its very nice trip.I like your trip duration.I'm glad to hear of great reviews for the rental place.In this trip you have very lots and lots of fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: