Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #121
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

You got a lot of shopping done! I love the pictures of Pooh playing in the fountain!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #122
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I love all the BBB pics! Will definitely looks like a cool dude. But that is crazy about the red spots still in his hair! What the heck do they use for that stuff??

I'll be disappointed if they get rid of the Lego store & the statues. Although I guess I could see why they would.

Can't wait to read about your MVMCP night!
yeah, it was strange how long that red has stayed in! not sure what it is- some sort of paint! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! Great update!! I loved hearing about all of the shopping you did!! Are you going to share any pics of what you bought?! The BBB pics are just precious!!! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!!!
you know, i realized i didn't take any pics of what all we bought, although some of our christmas morning pics will show some of it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
You got a lot of shopping done! I love the pictures of Pooh playing in the fountain!

Denise
he really loved that fountain, i can't wait to go back and let him play some more.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #123
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Aww, Will looks so cute with his hair all spiked up!

I got the fleece castle blanket in 2008, but then you could only buy it in the MK. Is it shades of blue and purple with the castle with icicle lights on it? I love mine so much, it's one of my favorite purchases from the trip!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #124
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Aww, Will looks so cute with his hair all spiked up!

I got the fleece castle blanket in 2008, but then you could only buy it in the MK. Is it shades of blue and purple with the castle with icicle lights on it? I love mine so much, it's one of my favorite purchases from the trip!
yep, that is the one! i love it too, keep it on my couch!

so here is a list of some of the things i bought and a few pics from christmas showing some of the things Pooh got from 'santa'!

we bought:
  • leather bound photo album
  • wooden frame
  • fleece throw
  • t-shirt/hat set
  • khaki hat
  • brown cute t-shirt (we all wore matching on mvmcp night)
  • disney railroad choo choo train
  • mr potatohead with parts
  • tons of cars mini cars and play mat for Pooh
  • bucket of toy soldiers
  • lego bus
  • 2 star wars huge lego sets for nephews
  • 2 large barbies- snow white with horse etc.
  • tons of pens/pencils for nieces/nephews
  • holiday village- cinderella castle
  • 5 new ornaments
  • holiday door hanger
  • mickey cutting board
  • my first trip t-shirt for Pooh
  • cute WDW embroidered sweatsuit for Pooh
  • mickey dish towels
  • 2 more pooh bears!
  • light saber
  • Dooney and Burke disney purse
  • earrings
  • watch
and i know we got more- but that is all i can remember! lol

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #125
Pollito916

Love the D&B purse!

That train is big! And I bought that Cars playmat for Alex in DL when I stopped there last year during a business trip.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #126
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Love the D&B purse!

That train is big! And I bought that Cars playmat for Alex in DL when I stopped there last year during a business trip.
lol- do you think poor Pooh is going to forcibly love disney or what?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #127
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Just found your report and loving it! I just love Disney around the holidays! We are heading back 12/3-12/11. Can't wait!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #128
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

LOVE the purse, watch, and earrings!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #129
Pollito916

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
lol- do you think poor Pooh is going to forcibly love disney or what?
Aww, what's not to love!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #130
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Just found your report and loving it! I just love Disney around the holidays! We are heading back 12/3-12/11. Can't wait!
Thanks for joining in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
LOVE the purse, watch, and earrings!!!
thank you- i wear the watch everyday and love it! DH jsut bought me a new coach purse for christmas, so i have to keep switching out between that and the disney one!

So we got snow here today in TX - a good 3-4 inches already just north of dallas! so far no snow day, as the temp is hovering at 32, but it will freeze tonight and be a nightmare tomorrow. i am hoping for a snow day!! they are rare around here!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #131
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
Thanks for joining in!!!

thank you- i wear the watch everyday and love it! DH jsut bought me a new coach purse for christmas, so i have to keep switching out between that and the disney one!

So we got snow here today in TX - a good 3-4 inches already just north of dallas! so far no snow day, as the temp is hovering at 32, but it will freeze tonight and be a nightmare tomorrow. i am hoping for a snow day!! they are rare around here!

I don't ever want to hear the word snow if the forecast ever again!!! We are shoveling out of over 40 inches of school here in Philly!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #132
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
I don't ever want to hear the word snow if the forecast ever again!!! We are shoveling out of over 40 inches of school here in Philly!!!
i can't even begin to imagine! i've seen pics though and it is outrageous!

They say we might get 6-8" which is LOT for Dallas. No one knows how to drive in snow, much less ice. Many schools closed today and it wasn't even bad driving, the temp has hovered at 32-34, so it isn't freezing anything- it is all slush. Will freeze overnight, so might be bad tomororw though- i am sure a lot will be closed tomorrow. We just got word we must use vacation or floating holiday if we can't make it in. boo! Pooh's day care might be closed, so we will see if I have to stay home or not. Dont' want to wreck the new car!

another update coming tonight or shortly!

Old 02-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #133
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

glad it was a good downtown disney day..we saved ours for this past friday and it just poured. we were so soaked by the time we got back to the beach club. We probably did not go in half the stores we wanted to...but still got enough! LOL! Caleb ended up taking long naps in his stroller so we never had to go back to take a nap! But the bad part about disney is that when your kid is sleeping in the stroller...you cannot go in anywhere but the shops. We were wanting to do some of the shows but they will not allow your stoller in even though they will allow a wheelchair. that irritatted me a little!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #134
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
glad it was a good downtown disney day..we saved ours for this past friday and it just poured. we were so soaked by the time we got back to the beach club. We probably did not go in half the stores we wanted to...but still got enough! LOL! Caleb ended up taking long naps in his stroller so we never had to go back to take a nap! But the bad part about disney is that when your kid is sleeping in the stroller...you cannot go in anywhere but the shops. We were wanting to do some of the shows but they will not allow your stoller in even though they will allow a wheelchair. that irritatted me a little!
That is because there are limited number of wheelchair spots in the shows. For example, the Tiki Birds can allow only 6-8 wheelchairs in one show. We have already been there when the wheelchair spots were all taken and could not get in.
If they allowed people to bring strollers in just because the children were sleeping, that would seriously limit the things that people like my DD, who absolutely needs to bring her wheelchair into shows could see.
She can't walk, so unless we can bring the wheelchair into shows, she can't go.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #135
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
So sorry you got rained on at DTD- but can't wait to hear about the trip!!!! I wish Pooh would sleep in the stroller, but he just wasn't going for it unfortunately. Plus, my parents and others needed the break too. sometimes I forget she just had major brain surgery less than 6 months ago and is still slowly recovering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
That is because there are limited number of wheelchair spots in the shows. For example, the Tiki Birds can allow only 6-8 wheelchairs in one show. We have already been there when the wheelchair spots were all taken and could not get in.
If they allowed people to bring strollers in just because the children were sleeping, that would seriously limit the things that people like my DD, who absolutely needs to bring her wheelchair into shows could see.
She can't walk, so unless we can bring the wheelchair into shows, she can't go.
Great to know Sue, thanks for sharing. I know that no one wants to take away seats or spots from those that really need it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: