Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Wooman93
Earning My Ears

Four day hit and run commando style

Hi my names Wesley and... I'm a Disneyholic. My family and I have been going about once a year for about 4 years now, but we decided that once isn't enough. WE MUST HAVE MORE! So having already planned a trip for June we decided to plan a quick trip for March. Not only did we plan a trip, we broke down and bought annual passes....oh the temptation. The idea behind the annual passes is that we'll be saving money in the long run with the 3 trips we have planned this year. Although the urge to sneak down to Florida for the weekend is almost unbearable. Its been three days since we got back and somehow we've managed. Anyway so last week (3/10) We departed from our house and started our long 14 hour drive. Since we're so hardcore staying at a hotel to split up the trip is not out style. So we drove overnight. We made a makeshift bed in the back which consisted of a comforter folded over and a very small travel pillow.
Yeah thats me in the back getting my 30 minute nap.
Around 11 PM it was Mom's turn to sleep so she headed to the trunk bed and I moved up to the front. Shortly after Mom had returned to the back seat with a very... concerned look about her. She wouldn't answer us and then we figured it out. She had to hurl. Much of the events after that were a blur. Dad was weaving in and out of traffic. I was using every electonic device we owned to find out where the next stop or patch of asphault was. We finally found a Kangaroo (?) gas station. As soon as the door was open she disposed of all of that days and maybe some of yesterdays meals. Ewwwwwww. She was quite chipper after that though. After that small diversion we got back to our long journey. Thoughts of soon being at the happiest place on earth made it all worth it. We stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I only had oatmeal which looked absolutely terrifying but i managed to eat most of it. So many scary truckstop bathrooms and a half an hour of sleep later we reache the glorious main gates of Disney! Everyones eyes glimmered (as much as they could being as tired as we were. Now to navigate the streets of the World. We were staying at the Pop Century for the second time so we figured it wouldn't be that hard to find. Yeah, we were wrong. Somehow we had managed to end up at the gates to Epcot. We rolled up to the lady who took parking and she set us straight....sort of. We ended up their again. The second time we just gave the lady a look and she knew our humiliation so we went by without saying anything to her. Another 10 minutes and we finally made it to our resort. Oh how I had missed the kitchy charm of Pop. We had checked in and luckily they had our room all ready for us. Not only that but it was very convieniantly located in the 50's right by the busses. So we quickly threw all our crap and the room and left for Epcot.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
mozer95
Earning My Ears

Great start! Looking forward to hearing more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your Mom's tummy problems! This should be a fun trip so I'm joining in!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
abdb
Earning My Ears

Sounds like this will be a fun trip...signing up for future reading.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Kimmy
Mouseketeer

Subscribing...
Old 03-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Wooman93
Earning My Ears

Day 1 Part 1

]
So review: Long car trip, vomitous mother, Craker Barrel, Pop Century...Ok now we can start
So we were in line for Epcot and I was feeling very good. Regardless of the fact that I hadn't slept in over 24 hours. Within 10 minutes our bus came to take us to my favorite part, and I could not have been more excited. Of course we had to stand, but that's nothing new. I always seem to be standing on public transportation at Disney, but that's all part of the experience. I hadn't quite reacquired my bus legs yet so I was violently flailing around the isle. Soon we arrived at Epcot and I was crazy excited.
Our first order of Disney business was to get our season passes. (We decided that an annual pass will result in more trips!) So we rolled up to the information desk and got our passes. My particular pass was red with Donald on it. For some reason Dad got a purple Minnie Mouse pass? Guess they come out at random.

So anyway we entered the park and I wanted to run around and do everything instantaniouslyl. However, that is impossible so we did what everyone does when they enter Epcot....we got fastpasses for Soarin'!
Then we HAD to ride something so we went for Living With The Land because it was closest, and it was closed the last time we were there. I have to say that ride is very underrated. Its got very nice animatronics and the greenhouse is amazing. I'd really like to do the Behind The Seeds Tour. Anyone ever done it?

After that I was pretty pumped and using my handy dandy Disney Mobile Magic app I knew that Finding Nemo had no line. So we high tailed it over there determined to make 2 rides before our fastpass time came. After walking right on, I now had the "Big Blue World" song stuck in my head.

By this time it was time for us to return to use our fastpasses. I find there is always something so satisfying when your walking past all those people waiting 70 minutes. It's almost like being VIP. I try hard not to dance all the way down the que.
So I love Soarin'....It just freaks me out a little bit. I hate heights and the ride is so realistic. I'm always afraid that everything in my pockets is going to fall out shortly after that I'll slide through the seat belt. It hasn't happened yet....but i'm waiting.
After that lovely experience we were all peckish because we hadn't eaten since Cracker Barrel (Ewwwww). Of course the only way to eat at Epcot is at the World Showcase. We all went and got French pasteries. I got a pain du chocolate (I think they just call them chocolate croissants there). While we were eating we saw the guy who stacks chairs and stands on them. It was pretty amusing.
Since we were already in World Showcase, I thought this was the perfect oppourtunity to do some of my favorites: Cabailleros and Maelstrom!
Maelstrom to me, is very exciting. Its like 2 minutes of pure happiness. We walked right on for that and the Cabailleros. (I think I just like that ride because of its uncanny resemblance to Small World at parts).
We had pretty much rode everything at Epcot, and we all agreed that we'd been in Disney for more than a few hours and had yet to see the castle. After a quick ride on Spaceship Earth (another favorite) we headed toward the monorail.

By this time it was slightly drizzling, but I kept telling everyone that it wasn't going to rain and they were stupid for bringing ponchos. Yeah....we'll see how that works out for me later....

Old 03-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
mozer95
Earning My Ears

So Epcot on no sleep? Brave family..or crazy?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: