Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #106
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer
 
wannago2disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sarnia, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 497

Wow....Dawn you are like the forensic Disney reconstruction scientist I never would have thought to consider any of those things...perhaps before you settle on a for sure # of steps, you should inquire about the coefficient of friction as it pertains to the velocity of their gait and the floor surface vs the material of their footwear. ok, I have no idea what that means but I was watching the science channel today and I wanted to be smart like you too!
__________________



Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
wannago2disney is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:11 PM   #107
stace208
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,218

[/quote]
I started the year out with 20 2nd graders. Just a couple with speech IEPs, one gifted, and one behavior. I do have a good mix of high, medium and low kids. Honestly it's a great class!
How on earth did you get your group, did you make someone mad?
I can't imagine what you went through with the T.A. being arrested, and the new programs. I do know how the paperwork can bog you down though...


20 is a nice number. I had 22 last year. That extra 4-6 really makes a BIG difference though you wouldn't think that is the case. I got my group by accident. My principal intended for me to have the gifted cluster class but somewhere in all the stuff he labeled the wrong folder. By the time he became aware the computer was loaded and we'd already started labeling stuff. Honestly, despite the extra work for some of my kids, my class overall is better behaved and sweeter so I am glad it ended up the way it did.
What kind of dog is the new pup you got?
__________________
Stacy DH: DS 12 DD 10
stace208 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #108
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
quote]I am so glad that there are others like me out there!
I set my timer today and worked in the kitchen for an hour, well I ventured into the living room as well.....
Tomorrow, I hope to conquer the bedroom.....





Quote:
It's for all the different holiday decorations I have amassed over the years -- it's in the fourth bedroom which is the kids' playroom -- I figured they could have the room, but I was taking the closet.
So were the kids in there playing while you were working?

Quote:
Wigd, I am going to guess 200 steps because that is how many days it is until our next trip to Disney.
[/quote]
Great logic on that guess, it makes perfect sense to me! I've got you down for 200 steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hmmmm...I'm going to guess 195 steps!!!!
Getting Jackie all boxed in are you? I've got your 195 in my book!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
She was texting me the whole while telling me about all the great deals!!!
Blue light special on aisle 8!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Quote:
Okay CP I gotta Christmas Closet too! Mine is a walk in under the stairs in my basement, it is starting to get too small, though, so now I have all my "faux" greenery in a big tree bag in our storage room! Did you take a picture in your TR? I gotta go see!
I have one of those under the stairs closets in the basement. Mine is full of clothes that need to be donated to goodwill!

Quote:
WIGD I am guessing it was a long walk. Kidani is very spread out... we walked some of it accidently last June.. so I say 174 steps....
I've got you down for 174 steps. Did you make a wrong turn last June?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
we were only at Kidani long enough to have lunch at Sanna, but It was a huge resort, so I'm going to guess 156 steps!

It is a big resort! I'll second that! I'll also record your entry as 156 steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I stayed at Kidani and something tells me that Shocker really isn't kidding.

Of course, since I have stayed at Kidani, with a car, I have to ask a clarification question. When you say the "main" elevator, do you mean the elevator in the lobby OR the closest elevator from the underground parking to your villa??? In my case, there was a HUGE difference. We were very close to the Timon 4 elevator, not so close to the elevators in the lobby and extremely far away when we ended up parking on the OTHER side of the lobby one night. That was probably......never mind, I'm not even going to guess how many steps that was!

Perhaps I am pumping for too much information, but you can't blame a girl for trying from there are prizes involved.
I do mean the elevator just off of the lobby. NOT any elevator associated with a parking garage since I'm married to MrIwontrentacar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
124 steps is my guess.
I've got you recorded as 124!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsushocker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
Is this one of those things where.... it's the closest without going over?!


Cus if it is, I want 1.


1 measley step.






If it's not, I'll take 120.
It is the closest without going over so I have you down for 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Quote:
I can't get past the 3 BOXES of souvenires!! Do we get to see them all, huh? Huh?
As soon as the boxes arrive I'll take pictures, I do have some things here that I need to get photographed as well. Disney shopping is so much fun!

Quote:
As far as the contest, hmmmm..., I'm going to think positively. You got your request and had only 15 steps to go between elevator and villa.
Houston we have a problem with your guess.
15 is taken as well as 12, 13,16 and 18. You can take 14 though, just let me know!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I Won't Rent Car View Post
Why would you need a car at Disneyworld?
Maybe because I'd like to see how much time we could save not being held captive by Disney transportation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Hello there! I've finally caught up! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures! I'm guessing 13 since that may have been a sign of things to come for you!
I'm laughing at the logic of your guess, I have you down for 13 steps!
__________________


Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 12-30-2009 at 09:22 PM.
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #109
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
Wow....Dawn you are like the forensic Disney reconstruction scientist I never would have thought to consider any of those things...perhaps before you settle on a for sure # of steps, you should inquire about the coefficient of friction as it pertains to the velocity of their gait and the floor surface vs the material of their footwear. ok, I have no idea what that means but I was watching the science channel today and I wanted to be smart like you too!
Wow, I'm impressed by the both of you!
Actually that fact that you were watching the science channel is mind boggling!

I started the year out with 20 2nd graders. Just a couple with speech IEPs, one gifted, and one behavior. I do have a good mix of high, medium and low kids. Honestly it's a great class!
How on earth did you get your group, did you make someone mad?
I can't imagine what you went through with the T.A. being arrested, and the new programs. I do know how the paperwork can bog you down though...


Quote:
20 is a nice number. I had 22 last year. That extra 4-6 really makes a BIG difference though you wouldn't think that is the case. I got my group by accident. My principal intended for me to have the gifted cluster class but somewhere in all the stuff he labeled the wrong folder. By the time he became aware the computer was loaded and we'd already started labeling stuff. Honestly, despite the extra work for some of my kids, my class overall is better behaved and sweeter so I am glad it ended up the way it did.
What kind of dog is the new pup you got?
The new dog is a Goldendoodle. Golden Retriever and Standard Poodle. He's 3 years old and really big! He doesn't like to walk on wood floors and most of our house has wood floors so he is not wandering the house. He is however adorable and so sweet natured.

My class at present is down to 18, I had a couple of kids move....
Why is it that the good ones are always the kids that move?
__________________


Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 12-30-2009 at 09:30 PM.
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #110
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan61's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,991

THREE boxes of souvies?? Cannot wait to see them!! Hopefully I will come home with a lot from our next trip since I just got the $750.00 gift card added to our ressie. I guess I will be happy that I have 2 BOYS also after reading this TR too huh??

My guess for the # of steps is 37. Hopefully that is not taken. I could not keep track after reading all the posts!!
disneyfan61 is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #111
luckylady
DIS Veteran
 
luckylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 661

Holy cow Charlie Brown! You just started this could be yesterday and already on pg. 8. All I have to do now is sit back for the trip to be written so I can eat my popcorn before the cat gets it. My guess is 17 steps.
luckylady is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #112
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!
 
reelmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 5,625

16 steps
reelmom is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #113
shannn
If I spend my kids' college funds on DVC, can I have a real tag??
 
shannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN (but I'm a Carolina girl at heart)
Posts: 1,107

Hmmmm....I have a question, but I can't ask it without giving away your story, so I'll just assume the answer.

My guess is 42. (since it is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.)
__________________
~shannon, sam morgan 12 and lily 10

The Incredible Shrinking Woman Turns 40 ~~ Abandoned Trip Report
Dead Lizards & Deluxe Dining- December Trip Report
Pole Dancing and Food Porn-October Trip Report

January 2014 Boardwalk Grand Villa/ June 2012 Disney Fantasy Cruise/ March 2011 Boardwalk Villas/ October 2010 Boardwalk Villas/December 2009 Old Key West/ October 2009 Polynesian Concierge/ October 2006 Beach Club Concierge/ 1998 day trip to MGM/ 1989 & 1992 Clemson University marching band Citrus Bowl/1971-1988 many offsite visits
shannn is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #114
Wannabinnc
Mouseketeer
 
Wannabinnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cheektowaga, NY
Posts: 80

My, my, I can't begin to think of how many steps that would be!!! My guess is gone, so I will settle for 198. Waiting for the meat of this report to start, very anxious.
Wannabinnc is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #115
kamikazecat
DIS Veteran
 
kamikazecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Carson City, NV
Posts: 793

I am going to guess 63. No logic...just a guess
__________________
kamikazecat is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #116
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran
 
Disneymoon09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 575

I just realized my guess was a duplicate! If i am allowed, I would like to change it to 122 (unless I am stealing someone elses guess, again!).
__________________
Me DH DS

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

Disneymoon09 is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #117
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
So are you saying that I can't count?
OK, Michelle, I've got you down for 18.
Not at all! I'm just thinking of myself and my inability to be patient enough to count a ton of steps. Then again, you are a teacher (God bless you!) and therefore MUST have much more patience than I....Oh no, I'm second guessing my guess.....
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #118
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
THREE boxes of souvies?? Cannot wait to see them!! Hopefully I will come home with a lot from our next trip since I just got the $750.00 gift card added to our ressie. I guess I will be happy that I have 2 BOYS also after reading this TR too huh??

My guess for the # of steps is 37. Hopefully that is not taken. I could not keep track after reading all the posts!!
$750 gift card? Now that's some serious shopping loot!
I think 2 boys sound like so much fun! My boys have never given me nearly as much drama as the girls....
I have you down for 37 steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Holy cow Charlie Brown! You just started this could be yesterday and already on pg. 8. All I have to do now is sit back for the trip to be written so I can eat my popcorn before the cat gets it. My guess is 17 steps.
Some times the thread just spins out of control and over the last day it's been going like crazy!
I've got you down for 17 steps.
So I assume your car is a fan of popcorn? Buttered or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
16 steps
Got it! The number 16 is yours! I'm starting to feel like a bookie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannn View Post
Hmmmm....I have a question, but I can't ask it without giving away your story, so I'll just assume the answer.

My guess is 42. (since it is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.)
Now I'm curious about the question.....
pm me!
I've got you down for 42!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabinnc View Post
My, my, I can't begin to think of how many steps that would be!!! My guess is gone, so I will settle for 198. Waiting for the meat of this report to start, very anxious.
Patience Pammy, patience....
I'm stalling here.....
You are in the book for 198!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecat View Post
I am going to guess 63. No logic...just a guess
No logic is good too! I've got you down for 63!
__________________

wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #119
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran
 
H20DogsNDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 1,290

205
__________________

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline  
Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #120
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I just realized my guess was a duplicate! If i am allowed, I would like to change it to 122 (unless I am stealing someone elses guess, again!).
I just saw that and have switched you to 122! Thanks for bringing the double to my attention...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Not at all! I'm just thinking of myself and my inability to be patient enough to count a ton of steps. Then again, you are a teacher (God bless you!) and therefore MUST have much more patience than I....Oh no, I'm second guessing my guess.....
Well I do have patience for some things....
You are welcome to change your guess anytime until the contest is over!
__________________

wigdoutdismom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FW Trip Reports! Rhonda Camping at Disney World 98 06-30-2010 03:13 PM
A Not So Scary Trip Report! Sept 2009-WL!!! Update 2/14 kmab00 Completed Trip Reports 173 03-21-2010 11:11 PM
Anybody Else Pay OOP to avoid the hassle? Micca Disney Restaurants 104 01-05-2010 06:16 PM
Last Minute NYE Camping Trip??? Bdawgsc Gay and Lesbian at Disney 9 01-01-2010 01:04 PM
1st trip to WDW for older 2, leaving baby at home? Advice? kirs10a Disney for Families 39 12-30-2009 09:40 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: