Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 10:07 PM   #211
Wannabinnc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Tell me your deepest fears my dear....

I'm right there with you.....
I saw 3 of my kids yesterday and it really made my day, but I'm just not ready to go back to it all yet. Not at all!

That looks very juicy! Poor Pammy isn't eating much red meat these days though.

I said "some" not all...
Well, if you notice on my reply to Shocker, I asked for a "portion".....hehehehehe. I'm a good patient....
Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 PM   #212
matosfam
Mouseketeer

Ok, I've been lurking since page 1... I think it's time to finally join in with a guess! How about 222?

I am also a teacher. I home-schooled my kids for 6 years and then started teaching in a school again last year. I am so sad now -- without visiting the World during off times -- I am scared to attempt the busy season stuff! I am hoping to learn something from your TR's so I can conquer my fears and try June this year!

Looking forward to reading more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2010, 12:16 AM   #213
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
We were there last year for our spring break (mid March) and it was super crowded but the weather was awesome!
We got everything done!
Took advantage of fast passes, made sure we got the next one as soon as we could and even stock piled them.
Got to the parks early.
Avoided morning EMH parks....
When are your dates?
Hunny Pot is TOOO cute! Love those Minnie ears
Our dates for spring are April 4th-Easter but we arrive late to April 8th-we leave late afternoon. I know it will be uber crowded but this is just a bonus, surprise trip for the kids. When we bought our DVC contract we got '09 points so we are splurging this year. We're also going in June (23rd-July 2nd) and Christmas (most likely 26th-30 or 31st)
[/QUOTE]
Oh darn, you are going when we are home between summer trips. We might just be there at the same time though over Christmas...
Where do you think you'll be staying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannn View Post
So that's what Keely looks like! The whole time I saw her she was hidden under a hood texting.

Harper (and her mom & dad) is so freakin' precious!)
Oh I can't wait to get to that part of the trip report.....
Her real ugliness started that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I just love the picture of Harper, so CUTE!
Thanks Leslie, she was making her mean face, notice how she has her nose wrinkled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Okay caught up--cute dog.

Being sick on a plane--not fun for anyone.

Steps to your room. 187
No, airsick is yuck!
for everyone around
187 steps are yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
You have a beautiful family. Harper is the cutest thing ever! I can't imagine anyone in that nice looking bunch turing into sour grapes!
Oh believe me, a couple of them were very sour! Pucker your mouth, sour....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabinnc View Post
That looks down right yummy!!! But you didn't tell me what it is??? But I will take a serving, please.
I think it's just some picture he found, nothing he has actually every had....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabinnc View Post
Well, if you notice on my reply to Shocker, I asked for a "portion".....hehehehehe. I'm a good patient....
Oh Wanna, you are the best patient ever, and you'd better be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by matosfam View Post
Ok, I've been lurking since page 1... I think it's time to finally join in with a guess! How about 222?

I am also a teacher. I home-schooled my kids for 6 years and then started teaching in a school again last year. I am so sad now -- without visiting the World during off times -- I am scared to attempt the busy season stuff! I am hoping to learn something from your TR's so I can conquer my fears and try June this year!

Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for joining in, hanging around in the shadows isn't any fun! We go at the end of May and the first part of June yearly. If you want to see how that is you might want to check out my flashing jelly ring trip report! If you can handle the weather and the people it's really pretty fun, just go early, leave in the afternoon and then back in the evening!
What grade do you teach?

I have you down for 222 steps!

Old 01-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #214
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

How in the heck is this already on page 15????

now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm going back to read.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:47 AM   #215
sugar1967
Mouseketeer

WOW!! page 15 already and we haven't even landed in Orlando yet

So my guess for the steps will be 399 in keeping with the drama I see coming in your TR. Thinking that this long walk might have just added to that. Looking forward to reading allllll about it

2009 - AK Birthday Celebration and off property at Seaworld/Universal
2007 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal
2005 - POP and off property
2003 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal

Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #216
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

so sorry to hear that some of you were not feeling too well. it sucks to be sick when travelling...even worse when you are at Disney and sick I hope that the mouse has a magic cure.

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #217
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awwww...what a great start! Harper does look so cute in her stroller!!!! Well like you said at least you all made it to the airport!!! Can't wait for more!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #218
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Everyone looks so happy on the plane

I want to play the number of steps game but have no idea what has already been guessed!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 01-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #219
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Harper looks like she was feeling a ton better and just so adorable in her First Trip shirt!!!

Everyone looks so happy on the plane except poor, ostracized Shocker. Was he having premonitions of impending doom???

Love your shirt, Anita! Did you make it or was it one that you had bought on a previous trip?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #220
stace208
DIS Veteran

][/QUOTE]
Oh darn, you are going when we are home between summer trips. We might just be there at the same time though over Christmas...

Darn-I had hoped maybe our summer trips overlapped at least a day or two
As for where we are staying for Christmas, well that is the million dollar question my friend! LOL! Our home is OKW so I will be making a reservation there come January but I don't intend on keeping it if I can help it. (We're staying VWL April and OKW June). I would really like to give AKL a try, but, if your much loved BCV had an opening, I would be oh so tempted. Of course, the Boardwalk is appealing to me too as we've never stayed there. Really, a lot will depend on what's open at 7 months!
Will you guys be staying at Beach Club?
Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #221
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
How in the heck is this already on page 15????

now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'm going back to read.
The next time I start a new trip report I'll be more direct with the invite such as....
Dear Cherie,
I have started a new trip report.
If you want to get on page 1 you need to get your patootie over there pronto!
Love,
Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar1967 View Post
WOW!! page 15 already and we haven't even landed in Orlando yet

So my guess for the steps will be 399 in keeping with the drama I see coming in your TR. Thinking that this long walk might have just added to that. Looking forward to reading allllll about it

Hi Sugar! What a sweet name you have! I've got you down for 399 steps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
so sorry to hear that some of you were not feeling too well. it sucks to be sick when travelling...even worse when you are at Disney and sick I hope that the mouse has a magic cure.

Luckily it was just a 24 hour bug, but those 24 hours were rather ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Awwww...what a great start! Harper does look so cute in her stroller!!!! Well like you said at least you all made it to the airport!!! Can't wait for more!
Yes, we were all there and my spirits were high! It was a great start to the trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Everyone looks so happy on the plane

I want to play the number of steps game but have no idea what has already been guessed!
I did go to the gift shop in Wichita and purchase some Imodium for Matt and told him that he would take it before he boarded the plane (which he did without argument).
I'm not so sure Shocker looked happy but then again, his picture was taken while he wasn't expecting it...
Plus, I'm sure he was sitting there wondering what he had forgotten. Me? Not a worry in my little pea-brain!

I'll get working on a list of entries, just for you!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #222
cmskok
Mouseketeer

What a beautiful family, Anita...guess that's why God made them beautiful, so it would be easier to forgive them when ugliness ensues!!! Happy New Year!
1987 Off Property; 1998 CB Disneymoon; 2000 Disneyland Off Property; 2002 ASM;2003 POR; 2004 POR; 2005 PC; 2006 PC; 2007 OKW and AKL; 2008 SSR,1/2009 SSR; 9/2009 AKV KV;1/2010 BCV; 8/2010 AKV, SSR & BC; 1/2011 BLT&BWV; 1/2012 BCV, BWV & BLT; 11/2012 BCV; 8/13 CBR; 1/14 SSR

Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #223
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
[quoted]Harper looks like she was feeling a ton better and just so adorable in her First Trip shirt!!!
She was sure bright eyed and full of excitement at the airport! I was relieved to see that she was so much better!

Quote:
Everyone looks so happy on the plane except poor, ostracized Shocker. Was he having premonitions of impending doom???
Poor guy had to take the seat he was assigned, don't think any of my crew was going to switch with him.....

Quote:
Love your shirt, Anita! Did you make it or was it one that you had bought on a previous trip?
[/quote]
That was one of my ebay finds. Got it last spring! I do think they are still around though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
]

Darn-I had hoped maybe our summer trips overlapped at least a day or two
As for where we are staying for Christmas, well that is the million dollar question my friend! LOL! Our home is OKW so I will be making a reservation there come January but I don't intend on keeping it if I can help it. (We're staying VWL April and OKW June). I would really like to give AKL a try, but, if your much loved BCV had an opening, I would be oh so tempted. Of course, the Boardwalk is appealing to me too as we've never stayed there. Really, a lot will depend on what's open at 7 months!
Will you guys be staying at Beach Club?
Happy New Year!
[/QUOTE]

I am hoping for Beach Club next Christmas. Our problem booking it at 11 months is we just don't know what our school calendar is going to look like. I suppose we can book it and then change dates if we have to.
I want our next Kidani stay to be in the summer so we can enjoy the pool. We may bank those points for another family trip.....
Did I just say that?
Maybe a partial family trip.
Happy New Year to you too!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #224
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Very cute doggie and very, very cute grandbaby! She looks ready to get there, already. Aw, yuck on the sickies. I'm guessing the next one to fall will be Megan. Stomach bugs are the worst!
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #225
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmskok View Post
What a beautiful family, Anita...guess that's why God made them beautiful, so it would be easier to forgive them when ugliness ensues!!! Happy New Year!
Keeley puts me in mind of the poem,
"There once was a girl,
who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead,
when she was good, she was very, very good,
when she was bad, she was horrid.
Yep, that's her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Very cute doggie and very, very cute grandbaby! She looks ready to get there, already. Aw, yuck on the sickies. I'm guessing the next one to fall will be Megan. Stomach bugs are the worst!
Thanks, we are loving our new doggie!
Waiting for Harper to wake up as I sit here at the computer!
She spent the night last night!
That stomach bug was not kind!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: