Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #1636
njtinkmom
Mouseketeer

Hey Anita, I got my new VB this weekend and there is only 1 problem with it.... My 9 yo dd wants the backpack - she convinced me how she can carry all her stuff for her and her 7yo sister's stuff, my 7yo dd wants the hipster and wallet and my 12 yo is just pissed that I did not get her anything. HEYYY what about me ?? I bought these for MYSELF right?? Wrong - what was I thinking - like they wouldn't want to get on the bandwagon too... So you have not only created 1 VB monster but 4!!! I did love them for the few seconds that they were mine!! I guess I can sell all our bellybags on ebay - haha!! Off to the website for more shopping !

Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #1637
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow Anita - I was at the ballpark all weekend and wasn't able to DIS and I come back this morning to find that you finished your TR!!!

I'm not even sure I can remember what all I wanted to comment on. Let's see - so happy that Baylor was able to get over his sadness and enjoy the rest of the trip

Love the tree at CBR, very tropical! I loved their gift shop when we stayed there too, lots of cute stuff in there.

The Penn State football players - those guys were massive! Baylor looks so tiny next to them. What a neat memory for him to have meeting them too!

Your last day DIS meets sound like so much fun, I should have been among them Oh well, hopefully we will be there at the same time again in the future!

So sorry Baylor got sick, but glad it didn't last.

Can't wait to hear all about F&G when you get back - it'll help get me ready for my trip
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #1638
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Wow---I stay MIA this weekend, and look what happens---Not only do you update, but you finish the TR? That was a lot of catching up for me to do!

Glad Baylor's spirits picked up when he got to MK!

Sounds like you had fun at DHS--Great pics at the Osborne Lights.

We saw plenty of Penn State fans while we were there too; also lots of LSU fans, but missed seeing any players.

That must have been a lot of fun to meet up with DIS families!

Now I can't wait to start hearing details of your spring break trip.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #1639
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I missed so much, but now I am all caught up. I enjoyed hearing about the rest of your trip. I am glad there were a lot of good times in there to make up for the not so good times. How fun to meet so many friends on your last day.

I am glad that Baylor got to meet some football players and that they were willing to stop and have their picture made with him. What a great memory for him.

Me DH DD DS
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #1640
Wannabinnc
Mouseketeer

/Users/pamelaruth/Desktop/DSCN0476.jpg

Gee Shocker, I was surprised to see Wigd with a phone in her hand.... thud!!!! And you said she was doing that in a lot of pictures, shame on you....http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl2.gif
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #1641
Happydog
DIS Veteran

YAY for a done TR and a new one coming up soon! YAY for leaving for DISNEY in FIVE days!!!! YAY for the F & G show and a WALK from the BoardWalk, and YAY for some fabulous ADRs!!!! I can't wait to hear how much fun you have and how many slushies you slurp!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1642
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You finished your TR yesterday??? How can this be??? Thank goodness you have another trip in a few days!

What a great way to finish your trip to Disney -- meets with some of our favorite DIS board celebs -- Happydog's crew and MeMom's crew! I loved hearing the story of how MeMom's group had to be interrogated to get into SSR again!

Wonderful TR, Wigd! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!! Now, on to the next one at Boardwalk!
Who would have thought I could get my act together and get this trip report finished?
I just knew the time had come...
So I did.
It was fun to meet them all!
I hope it all works out for us to meet up for our Christmas 2011 mega meet!

I think Jill's rendition of Barnetta Fife was the best telling of the SSR story!
I think I have the title for the Spring Break TR already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Thanks for all the updates----such good morning reading!!!! Sounds like a great end to the trip....so sorry Keeley spoiled CHRISTMAS MORNING FOR YOU THOUGH!!!!!! Did she not know what day it was?!?!?!!? Supposed to be happy, smiling people!!!! Glad you were able to make the rest of the time GREAT!!!! Have a wonderful trip in a few days!!!!
I can't believe we only have 3 1/2 days left with kids before this trip! Friday is just a half day! Then we will get our report cards done...
Christmas Day was uncomfortable, I felt bad for Baylor but was so glad when he got his Disney groove back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm back and I think I got caught up last night, but I was too tired and grumpy to comment.

White parasol...huh?....no wonder I felt so out of place at that soccer game..... Seriously though, it was beautiful, sunny weather...perfect for spring soccer. And if I was doing a pre trip report I would have lots of funny stuff to write about.....but I will just have to save it.

Wigd - I loved all your last updates and pictures. In fact, I went back to another update I probably read, and saw all the pictures. So many great, great pictures.

Your view from your SSR room was amazing. I want THAT room. Perfect location.

I can't believe Baylor got to meet all the Penn State guys....how totally cool. That much have been such a great time!

Olivias - I have heard lots of great things about it.....I have to try it someday.

You really got a lot done your last few days. You were here, there, and everywhere.

Loved the soccer Mickey - great colors!
I think it's great that you had good weather last weekend, it sure can be miserable sitting out in the cold!
We were happy with the view! I like it back in Congress Park when we aren't wanting access to the main pool...
It's great for walking to DTD!
The last few days weren't so much about rides as was about just hanging out seeing people and having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Wow Anita - I was at the ballpark all weekend and wasn't able to DIS and I come back this morning to find that you finished your TR!!!

I'm not even sure I can remember what all I wanted to comment on. Let's see - so happy that Baylor was able to get over his sadness and enjoy the rest of the trip

Love the tree at CBR, very tropical! I loved their gift shop when we stayed there too, lots of cute stuff in there.

The Penn State football players - those guys were massive! Baylor looks so tiny next to them. What a neat memory for him to have meeting them too!

Your last day DIS meets sound like so much fun, I should have been among them Oh well, hopefully we will be there at the same time again in the future!

So sorry Baylor got sick, but glad it didn't last.

Can't wait to hear all about F&G when you get back - it'll help get me ready for my trip
I wish you had been there too! Darn!!
For sure we need to be there at the same time again!
What about Christmas 2011?
The Penn State players were just a stroke of luck! It was cool.
I was so glad that Baylor was able to sleep off his illness, flying home with a puker is noooo fun!
F&G is beautiful! I can't wait! We've been every year since 2006 and it never disappoints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher;
Wow---I stay MIA this weekend, and look what happens---Not only do you update, but you finish the TR? That was a lot of catching up for me to do!

Glad Baylor's spirits picked up when he got to MK!

Sounds like you had fun at DHS--Great pics at the Osborne Lights.

We saw plenty of Penn State fans while we were there too; also lots of LSU fans, but missed seeing any players.

That must have been a lot of fun to meet up with DIS families!

Now I can't wait to start hearing details of your spring break trip.
I was worried if I didn't get the TR finished by Sunday it wouldn't get done until after Spring Break and I would want to start the new one....
So I just got busy!
I'm glad you got caught up!
The Penn State guys were super nice!
So were the DIS families, but we knew they would be....
The new trip report should start up soon after we return!
I'll be sure to link it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I missed so much, but now I am all caught up. I enjoyed hearing about the rest of your trip. I am glad there were a lot of good times in there to make up for the not so good times. How fun to meet so many friends on your last day.

I am glad that Baylor got to meet some football players and that they were willing to stop and have their picture made with him. What a great memory for him.
I would say that the good out weighed the bad by so much!
Meeting friends was fun and taking Harper on her first Disney trip was just plain blissful!
The Penn State guys was such a bonus for Baylor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabinnc View Post
/Users/pamelaruth/Desktop/DSCN0476.jpg

Gee Shocker, I was surprised to see Wigd with a phone in her hand.... thud!!!! And you said she was doing that in a lot of pictures, shame on you....http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl2.gif
Awwwww, Wanna!
I was texting Bean....
We were meeting her for dinner!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #1643
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
YAY for a done TR and a new one coming up soon! YAY for leaving for DISNEY in FIVE days!!!! YAY for the F & G show and a WALK from the BoardWalk, and YAY for some fabulous ADRs!!!! I can't wait to hear how much fun you have and how many slushies you slurp!
I'm feeling pretty YAY myself! It's time to get away!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #1644
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

you really wrapped this one up quick. So glad there is another one coming so soon. I can't wait to see what the Boardwalk brings to you both!
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #1645
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Wow...it's over...DISmeets are the best.

I hope you're doing one for your upcoming trip!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 PM   #1646
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

So sad it's over - but you'll have another one before we know it!

I love that you took Biergarten bathroom pics! I thought their bathroom was just darling, I was very tempted to take pictures as well!

7 times...and splattered with vomit. Yep, that's a "we aren't in Disney World anymore" moment if I ever heard one! Sigh.

I was also glad to read how Baylor's mood MUCH improved after the Big Kids were gone. I can only imagine what was said to him to have him in tears!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 03-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #1647
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Who would have thought I could get my act together and get this trip report finished?
I just knew the time had come...
So I did.
It was fun to meet them all!
I hope it all works out for us to meet up for our Christmas 2011 mega meet!
It better work out for us all to meet up!

(I must confess that the wheels in my head started turning when Happydog said she was thinking of a quick weekend trip over Memorial Day 2011 for her boys to experience SWW. How fun would that be? )
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #1648
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
It better work out for us all to meet up!

(I must confess that the wheels in my head started turning when Happydog said she was thinking of a quick weekend trip over Memorial Day 2011 for her boys to experience SWW. How fun would that be? )
Just go ahead and book it. wigd will figure out a way to be there on every major holiday and a few minor ones, too.

Now that I am going to have a son down there, I am hoping to throw in a few extra trips a year myself.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #1649
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Gotta love big sisters!
I know you've had a lot of responses on the finished TR, so I will just say my two cents. PUKE???? That's all I have to say.
Pretty soon you'll be enjoying just you and Mark time!!!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #1650
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Just go ahead and book it. wigd will figure out a way to be there on every major holiday and a few minor ones, too.
Please do not encourage an addict to feed her addiction!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: