Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #1501
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess all the way over to Epcot Keeley worked on Baylor because by the time we arrived at the park he was in tears because he wanted to go home with them!

She told him to tell us to get him a plane ticket and fly him home.....

Needless to say, I was crushed.
She was smug.
As we say around here, that's just ugly. I'm sorry Keeley was so mean to you and made you cry. Kudos to Marc for suggesting the adult beverages; looks like they helped!

The pictures in Germany are great! We enjoyed the Biergarten on our trip. I love all the decorations! Jumpin' Jiminy!!! I love Jiminy Cricket but wow!!!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 02-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #1502
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe Keeley did that! I can't imagine how upsetting that must have been to both you and to Baylor. That's just not cool of her at all. At least the adult beverages seemed to help. At least it sounds like the drama died down for lunch and the Candlelight Processional. And Harper was soooo cute with her face painted!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #1503
Happydog
DIS Veteran

OOOOOOH! YAY! An update! Okay first I loved Christmas Eve - it was such a lovely day, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Tshirts! Gee, where ever did you get that transfer??!! I know another family with a similar taste in Disney Christmas Tshirts!!!! Okay, YAY Marc for saving the day, man o man, that slushie was just what the doctor ordered no question!!! SO I think those photos of you two are perfect! It clearly was a needed relaxing break from the stress of the family trip. I must say you got great photos from Germany, and like MeMom said, I am so glad you took all the photos that I didn't get to! So much to see. I really want to go back at Christmas again to see it all! I enjoyed all the pics and stories...

Oh the stuffed animals... that company is a famous German maker well known for their bears... they are all hand made, I believe, they are hugely expensive for that reason... just a famous maker, so I guess they can charge so much.
Not sure that is worth it, but there it is! I would be thinking of all the other souvies I could buy for that one stuffed Jimminy!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #1504
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Jiminy Cricket!

I can't imagine spending that much...but he sure is adorable.

Keely seems to be escalating. I have to admit I don't think I'd be taking her on vacation again anytime soon, I'd be letting Baylor bring a friend instead.

It was Christmas! It makes me ill that she acted like that. I am so so sorry.

Thank heaves for Marc to the rescue and adult beverages.

CP just sounds magical and Edward James Olmos

Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #1505
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great update minus the "mean girl" That was rotton!! Yay for adult beverages. CP is on the list for next year!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1506
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
WOW Wigd! Did you realize this TR is at 100 pages???? Must have been your contest at the beginning! Mine's at 29.

Are you getting excited about your trip? I am for you! Since I'm not going for spring break. Anywhere. Poor me.
I think the contest got the trip report off to a rocket start for sure! I'd have to check the last one to see what it ended up at...
I'm afraid I'm not going to get this finished before we leave though....
I'm beyond excited about our trip. We only have one weekend left before we leave.
Oh gosh, did I just say that?
Are you going to have some time off over Spring Break to be home with the girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Oh, good... since you took a break from basketball, that means you should have time to update your trip report!
Michelle, and that's just what I did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
for Baylor, that's just too much as this age. It is supposed to be FUN!
I'm asking myself what kind of parent allows their child to go through this.
He just doesn't want to go through the shame of quitting.

Marc and I are both willing to take that choice out of his hands though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I had to catch my breath for a minute because that picture of Harper is absolutely the cutest picture I have ever seen....anywhere......of anyone....at anytime. She is beyond adorable! She should be a model on a Christmas card or something. Seeing her adorable face really brightens my day!

I also love her purple uggs and I am glad that she got to spend the evening at your house. I love how she takes care of her babies.

I also love your Mickey candy cane shirts. Did you buy them like that or have them made? I HAVE to get one of them. Such a cute design. You really got some nice pictures that captured the essence of the season.

What's up with Keeley trying to get Baylor to go home? Oh Anita - you had way too much drama on this trip. You are Mark are going to have such a great, drama-free trip in a few weeks. What a relief to be free of such drama. That's not to say it can't happen.....but hopefully it will be minimal, or better yet, non-existent!

oops.....I interrupted your posts. Oh well - too late now!

Loved your update. I think I am pretty much caught up, but I did miss some pictures with the updates I read at work.....so I better go lookie!
Hi Mary Ellen! Harper looks cute in purple doesn't she? I love those purple Uggs too!
We certainly enjoy watching her take care of those babies! She has a regular nursery set up in our dining room!
I'm thinking as long as Marc behaves himself this next trip should be fairly drama free!
The peppermint Mickey head shirts were on the Disign threads. Happydog found them and I saw them on her PTR. I'll find it and send you the link! The shirts turned out cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Oh, Keeley. I'm so sorry that you had to have a teary moment on your trip. But way to save the day, Marc, with the adult beverage suggestion!! You both look delighted with your adult yumminess and your cute peppermint tees.

Holy Jiminy Cricket!! WHY are they that expensive?? I'm not sure I'd pay that much if Walt himself had stitched them!

Harper's face paint is positively adorable!

Isn't CP just lovely. It must be even more special on Christmas Eve.

Looking forward to more!
Oh the minute he suggested we head to France for a slushie I was all about that!
The peppermint t's turned out really cute! Thanks Happydog for finding them!
The Jiminy Cricket's were made by Steif out of Germany. Everything they make is pricey, but aren't they cute?
I was so surprised to see Harper with her face painted! It was cute!
I thought CP was perfect on Christmas Eve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Sorry you had such a rough start on the day. Some time apart was just what was needed and an adult drink! Sounds like things got much better later in the day. Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are so great. I love all the decorations and shop windows. Whenever we go back again I'm going to make a point of taking more time to enjoy the window displays. Harper is just too adorable. I love her face painting. I've never been able to get Danielle to do this. She wouldn't even let them stick the jewels on her face at the BBB.

Before you know it you'll be there again!
We had a rough couple of days. It's really sad. Things really did get better as the day went on though.
The windows at Christmas are so beautiful!
Maybe Danielle is one of those girls that like the natural look, you can't fault her for that!
Our trip is coming speedy quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
My goodness, no wonder you were drinking by noon on Christmas Eve! I think I would have had to have about six drinks to restore my good mood!

Harper's face paint is adorable!!!

The Candlelight Processional sounds so wonderful! I bet that was really neat to experience!
It was a rough start to the morning for sure!
I can't believe Harper sat still for the paint on her face but she must have, it looked pretty good!
You all should consider CP in 2011! You will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I didn't spend near enough time in World Showcase or in shops in World Showcase on the Christmas trip! I'm so glad you have a lot of pictures of all the things I missed.

Harper is so sweet with her cute little face all made up. I can't see Bella sitting still long enough to have all that done.

I'm glad Baylor ended up staying so we could meet him in person.

That pot of poinsettias is so pretty.

I have a stuffed Jiminy Cricket, but he's from the cheap side of the tracks - about $300 less than those you saw.

What a great place to be on Christmas Eve! Our Candlelight Processional (Drew and I went) was led by Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance. We saw it the last night it was there for the year.
There was no way we could have sent him back even if we wanted to, the flight was sold out. Besides, Brooklynn needed a new boyfriend.
I was so worried that he was going to be in a grand funk the rest of the trip...
I wonder if Harper was sleeping when they painted her face?
When I took those shopping pictures I thought of you and tried to get some good pictures MeMom style!
I guess a person that collects Steif might shell out the dough for one of those Jiminys but not me....
I'll bet all of the narrators are great for CP, don't you think? I hope we get to see it again next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Justin's team played in a few M.A.Y.B. tournaments (this is when he was younger, before school ball started) and they were always pretty well run. The tournament director tried to get us to come up to Wichita a few times to play, but we never did.

I'm sorry Baylor has a coach like that Sports, even when you are playing competitively, are supposed to be fun.

Now, on to your update!

I'm so sorry that Keeley did that with Baylor, such a mean, hurtful thing to do. I'm sure in a few years when she grows up a bit she will be embarrassed by her behavior, but until then

I love that you and Marc took a break, grabbed a drink and enjoyed the sun. Christmas Eve really was a beautiful day.

I can't believe I missed that Christmas ornament shop in Germany - I LOVE the Mickey nutcracker! Is that shop there year round or was it just for the holiday season?

Glad you enjoyed the CP as well, we loved it!
I'll check on that nutcracker when we are there. I'll tell you though, I liked it too. It was high dollar. I'm thinking over $200.00. Maybe more.

I don't know what to think about Keeley.
When I mention her antics to my mother (who has dementia but remembers the past really well). My mother just shakes her head, smiles and says "Keeley is Keeley".
I just don't remember her acting like this when she was young....
Maybe I had blinders on.
She was just over here Friday night and acted really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
You deserved that drink, I'm sorry that Keeley tried to persuade Baylor to go home!

Harper looks so cute with her face painted and it must have been magical going to the CP on Christmas Eve

It was the right time for a drink, and the perfect time for the CP! The face paint was such a surprise!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #1507
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
As we say around here, that's just ugly. I'm sorry Keeley was so mean to you and made you cry. Kudos to Marc for suggesting the adult beverages; looks like they helped!

The pictures in Germany are great! We enjoyed the Biergarten on our trip. I love all the decorations! Jumpin' Jiminy!!! I love Jiminy Cricket but wow!!!
Marc is very supportive! He knows just how to cheer me up.
Isn't Biergarten fun?
Jiminy was quite special, I wonder how many the sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
Wow, I can't believe Keeley did that! I can't imagine how upsetting that must have been to both you and to Baylor. That's just not cool of her at all. At least the adult beverages seemed to help. At least it sounds like the drama died down for lunch and the Candlelight Processional. And Harper was soooo cute with her face painted!
The adult beverage was just a cheery thought, kind of like a "I'm going to do this because I can" moment for me. I never do things like that normally!
Baylor had more trouble getting over the moment than I realized. It lasted into the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
OOOOOOH! YAY! An update! Okay first I loved Christmas Eve - it was such a lovely day, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Tshirts! Gee, where ever did you get that transfer??!! I know another family with a similar taste in Disney Christmas Tshirts!!!! Okay, YAY Marc for saving the day, man o man, that slushie was just what the doctor ordered no question!!! SO I think those photos of you two are perfect! It clearly was a needed relaxing break from the stress of the family trip. I must say you got great photos from Germany, and like MeMom said, I am so glad you took all the photos that I didn't get to! So much to see. I really want to go back at Christmas again to see it all! I enjoyed all the pics and stories...

Oh the stuffed animals... that company is a famous German maker well known for their bears... they are all hand made, I believe, they are hugely expensive for that reason... just a famous maker, so I guess they can charge so much.
Not sure that is worth it, but there it is! I would be thinking of all the other souvies I could buy for that one stuffed Jimminy!
That Steif Jiminy Cricket is way cute but not worth it for me! I don't imagine your guys would enjoy shopping around the world. I'll bet you do miss out on all the shopping don't you?
We loved those Peppermint Mickey Head T's, Thank You for finding and sharing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Jiminy Cricket!

I can't imagine spending that much...but he sure is adorable.

Keely seems to be escalating. I have to admit I don't think I'd be taking her on vacation again anytime soon, I'd be letting Baylor bring a friend instead.

It was Christmas! It makes me ill that she acted like that. I am so so sorry.

Thank heaves for Marc to the rescue and adult beverages.

CP just sounds magical and Edward James Olmos

We are getting close to allowing Baylor to bring a friend but he needs to get over his fear of EE, RNR, Space Mtn, and TOT first...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update minus the "mean girl" That was rotton!! Yay for adult beverages. CP is on the list for next year!
You will love CP! Are you doing the package?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #1508
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I love Harper's Christmas bow! What a cute little princess! It's too bad about the funk the other 2 kids were in! The Merry Mixer sounds fun! I wish I had DVC....maybe someday when I grow up! I love Candlelight Processional. It's just so beautiful and inspirational! It really must be amazing to see on Christmas Eve!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #1509
wsushocker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

I'm thinking as long as Marc behaves himself this next trip should be fairly drama free!
All Star Movies June '06 Port Orleans French Quarter '07 Old Key West June '08 Saratoga Springs July '08 Saratoga Springs October '08 Old Key West March '09 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club May/June '09 Animal Kingdom-Kidani/Saratoga Springs December '09 Boardwalk March '10 Beach Club/DCL (Wonder) May/June '10 Bay Lake/Beach Club/Boardwalk July '10 Boardwalk October/November '10 Beach Club/Riverside December '10 Beach Club March '11 Beach Club/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach May/June '11OKW/Saratoga Springs December '11/January '12 Boardwalk March '12 Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)/Wilderness Lodge/DCL (Dream)/Vero Beach/Beach Club June July '12 Bay Lake October 2012 Beach Club Villas December/January 2012/2013 Beach Club Villas March 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo/DCL (Fantasy)/Beach Club Villas/Vero Beach/Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani/ May June 2013Bay Lake Tower October 2013
Old 02-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #1510
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom;35638357[FONT="Century Gothic"
We are getting close to allowing Baylor to bring a friend but he needs to get over his fear of EE, RNR, Space Mtn, and TOT first...[/FONT]
I'd never be allowed to take a friend then.
Sorry about the Keeley drama. What is it with some people and their need to always be the one in control and center of attention? I'm glad the day got better for you as it went on.
That Harper is soooo dang cute!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #1511
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I'm asking myself what kind of parent allows their child to go through this.
He just doesn't want to go through the shame of quitting.

Marc and I are both willing to take that choice out of his hands though.
It's a fine line with a child...when it is quitting and when it standing up for yourself....he's lucky to have you and Marc willing to step in and help him out with that, take some of it off his shoulders.

Quote:
The adult beverage was just a cheery thought, kind of like a "I'm going to do this because I can" moment for me. I never do things like that normally!
Baylor had more trouble getting over the moment than I realized. It lasted into the next day.

We are getting close to allowing Baylor to bring a friend but he needs to get over his fear of EE, RNR, Space Mtn, and TOT first...
I bet he did, he was put in a horrible spot, in between big sister whom he likely looks up to and upsetting his parents. Talk about a no-win mess and then feeling like you've made it worse. Poor guy! One thing for Keely to be selfish about herself but to put Baylor in that spot

A friend might motivate him to go on those rides...

Have faith. Taylor didn't start going on them until he was 15, Kendall at 12 but I think a lot of it with Kendall was she wasn't going to chicken out if the E's were going on them, definitely a pride issue. To a point. Neither of them will try ToT though...we will see if Eric can guilt them onto it in August.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #1512
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Whooo Boy!!! Where to start?

Another "Oh Keeley" is warranted. PPPFFFT to her. Naughty to be mean to her mama on Christmas Eve.

Yay to your wonderful hubby - that drink looked fabulous. You were both so cute in your shirts!

Harper is just a doll!!! No two ways about it. Cute face paint!

Baylor - I hope things work out for him with basketball. How sad to be put in that situation with a stinker for a coach!

No, I'm afraid I won't get much time home during our spring break. I always have Fridays off, but have to take DH for a medical test that day! They will probably spend a night at Grandma and Papa's house though.

Biergarten sounds fun. I'm glad you said even if you don't like German food you'd like it. I'm not a big fan of most German foods (except bratwurst) so I have been apprehensive. The show looks cute though!

You and Marc TOTALLY deserve a kidless vacation!! I hope you have a great time with good weather too!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #1513
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry you were upset at Disney on Christmas Eve
I'm glad Keeley apologized. But what was she thinking???

Harper is just too cute!

The Candelight Processional seems amazing. How far out did you have to book it?

Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #1514
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I will not say anything bad about Keeley....she's your daughter and I'm sure you've done a great job raising your children...

Kids all have their moments. I'm sure I still drive my parents crazy sometimes....
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #1515
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

OMG dear!!!!!! The Keeley drama AMAZED me!!!! I am so sorry for you.....on Christmas Eve too!?!?!?!?! Sending you a belated hug for it!!!!

What a great way to spend Christmas Eve though---fancy drinks, good food, and the CP!!!!! In 2007, we saw it one night with Neil Patrick Harris---it was so unbelievable!!! One of the most amazing shows we have ever seen!!!

Two funny sidenotes----1. Megan would LOVE those purple Uggs!!!! I am going to have to find her some!!! Those are TOO cute!!!! 2. Megan and Harper have the SAME red Tinkerbell shirt---the light up one with the Wintry Magic on it!!!! Such a small world!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: