Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #106
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Hiya,
Back Again! I read your other trip report with the two broken arms and was wowed! I don't know how you could be in such great spirits like you were? How did you go swimming? I saw a few pics when you were in the water. Can't wait to see more of this trip report!
I want to add more video to mine but I have to buy a Quicktime program so I can split some of my lengthy video up. I have the MVMCP but I can't download it to photobucket because it's too long
Have a great day!
Chris

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
Old 01-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #107
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Hiya,
Back Again! I read your other trip report with the two broken arms and was wowed! I don't know how you could be in such great spirits like you were? How did you go swimming? I saw a few pics when you were in the water. Can't wait to see more of this trip report!
I want to add more video to mine but I have to buy a Quicktime program so I can split some of my lengthy video up. I have the MVMCP but I can't download it to photobucket because it's too long
Have a great day!
Chris
They actually have casts you can swim in or get wet now. ^_^

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #108
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Great report so far, loving the pics. Subbing in now.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #109
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Hey there! Hope all is well with you and yours!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #110
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Just stumbled upon your TR your girls are adorable! I've always wanted to do a land and sea.... looking forward to hearing about the cruise part thinking we will do our first DCL next year maybe fingers crossed.....

Did you like the order you did it in wdw first then cruise? or would you chane it next time just curious??

Thanks, yes if you are going to do both I'd definitely recommend WDW first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Hiya,
Have a great day!
Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
They actually have casts you can swim in or get wet now. ^_^
Yep, it was a swim cast and the sling could just come off. Oddly enough I think that was my favorite trip to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2nenas View Post
Great report so far, loving the pics. Subbing in now.
Thanks and Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Hey there! Hope all is well with you and yours!
I'm still here, working on a quick update now.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #111
pmama
DIS Veteran

Day 3

Alrighty, I'm here for the moment and going to type a quick update although I should be in bed. We left off after our 2nd full day and an absolutely fabulous time at MVMCP!

Following in the routine of our trip so far we had another sleep in morning. Of course after not leaving MK until midnight the night before we needed our rest.

The girls then opened their Christmas present for the day.

Tinkerbell and Ariel ponchos! I bought these from the Disney Store 9 months before our trip.

The ponchos were for the evening but they came in handy immediately as the girls found it to be chilly in the restaurant.

Our plan for today was to head back to Epcot for our 2nd day in that park. We were going to stay for Illuminations. We arrived at Coral Reef for our 11:30 lunch reservations about 15 minutes early. This is a great time for a res. if you want the front. I asked for a seat next to the aquarium when we arrived and we received prime seats. A number of people were seated before us which made me nervous until I realized they were being seated further back. We love sitting right next to the aquarium. We had lots of entertainment the whole time as both the tortoise and stingray were right in front of us.

I'm not a food critic at all. I enjoy restaurants for their atmosphere more than the food. HOWEVER, I am a sucker for pretty food, so I did take some pictures.

I had the tilapia.

DH loves the steak here.

The girls absolutely love making their own sundaes here as well!

It was another wonderful meal. Coral Reef is the only restaurant we have dined at all three visits to WDW. It is still a family favorite although it now has close competition in Teppan Edo.

After lunch we rode Soarin. Love it! After visiting Disneyland over the summer I now completely realize that that is a California/Disneyland version. It'd be fun if they made a Soarin over Florida!

We then finally made it to the Disney Visa Meet and Greet that is exclusive to Disney Visa holders. We arrived 10 minutes early and were the second family in line. It definitely pays to arrive early. We've tried before but the lines were always too long. We had great interaction and got some great photos that I'll share when I get my photopass CD.

After that we went by the new attraction in Innoventions "Sum of All Thrills". You design your own roller coaster on a touchscreen computer and then enter a similated robotics machine that moves you around with your design. Faith was too short so we went for snacks while DH and Hope waited. I believe it took about 45 minutes between them standing in line then designing their roller coaster before it was their turn. Hope absolutely loved this. It is one of her highlights of the entire trip. I video taped it. It seemed a little tame from my vantage point but was just perfect for the 9 year old girl she was. It will flip you upside down but she did not reach the height limit for that feature.

I will leave here as a reminder to myself to upload the video from their experience. It looks like I didn't take any pictures.

Last edited by pmama; 01-13-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 AM   #112
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I should be in bed, too!! It's after midnight here!! YIKES!! Oh well--LOVE the ponchos!! The girls are so cute in them!! I've been buying things already for our December trip, too!! Mmmm--your food at Coral Reef looks YUMMY!! It IS pretty!! And yay for Soarin'--my favorite!! I would LOVE it if they did a Florida version!! Great idea!! Can't wait to see the Sum of all Thrills video!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #113
smithpack
Mouseketeer

Your family is so beautiful, and I love the picture of Faith stretched out sleeping, too cute. Love the poncho's, and it looks like the girls loved them too. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef yet, but it looks like I need to the next time we go. I have always heard great reviews about it.

How long have they had"the sum of all thrills"? Do you remember the height requirement? I hope they have it there for a while. Sounds like your girl's are having fun. I noticed in your first TR you all got up early and did a lot before the afternoon crowds.This one you are taking it easy and going later, then staying after the afternoon crowds leave and staying out late. I was curious as to which was your preference. I hope that just made sense.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #114
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

hi! I am really enjoying your trip report. Thank you for posting such wonderful photos. The girls look adorable in their ponchos and your dinner at the CR looks delicious! Can't wait to read more.
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

Old 01-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #115
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

Another good update! Coral Reef is one of our favorite too. That's great you got to sit in the front!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #116
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Very cute ponchos! I buy stuff like that and save it too!

Coral Reef looks really good. I think we will try that one next time.

I will have to remember that tip on the Visa meet and greet. We tried it twice and the line was unreal both times so we left. Can't wait to see your PP pics!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #117
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Way to go for buying the ponchos that far before the trip. :D lol They were really cute!

I still have yet to ride Soarin'. Christmas '08, I missed out on it...don't know why either. lol Oh well. I digress.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #118
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Great update! I have yet to make it to the Visa Meet and Greet. We seem never to find it. And when I do remember about it, it is alway after hours.

This next trip I am going to make it a priority to go there.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #119
Momof2princess
I want it all.....yesterday
Never had a Dole Whip or ridden Dumbo
To Poo or not to Poo is not the Question

Another great update

I showed my DD (7) earlier the ponchos in your pics and she loved them. She told me I had to find one for her that she "had" to have one, LOL

Sounds like your day in Epcot is starting out great!

Brandin

Me DHDD(12)DD (9)
Old 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #120
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

We love Coral Reef!

Can't wait to see the video from Sum of All Thrills!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: