Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #91
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkmom2 View Post
Hi,
You stopped by my TR so here I am to visit yours! I love your trip report so far! The girls' dresses in the beginning were sooo cute! Did you make them?
I want to go back today WAAHHH! LOL! I wish too that all the decorations were up when we were there in November. There still was too much to see and do! I think we may go back to WDW in 2011 when we go on our next cruise. It's funny that we took some of the same pics! Great minds think alike! I am glad to hear there are no broken bones..so far!
Chris
Wow, I stopped by your TR and saw that great photo op you got with all the characters on the cruise. I'm jealous. It's hard to be home isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ RN View Post
Another great update!! I LOVE the way the castle looks all lit up, I would love to see it in person someday!! Great pictures of the girls with the stepsisters, what a fun time!! Can't wait to read more, it is making me even more excited for my trip


Melissa
Yes, the castle is just beautiful all lit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Looked like someone else at the dance party got their daughter the same dress and scarf you got your girls. Hehe

And your DH looks so thrilled on SM. lol :D Glad Faith got to ride it. How is it now? When we were there in 2008 it was just before the refurb.

The more pics I see of people at MVMCP, the more convinced I'm becoming of spending the extra money for tix to it when we go in a couple years. :D

Can't wait for your next installment! :D
We were not going to pay the extra $ for MVMCP but towards the end decided to go ahead. I am soooo glad we did. It was one of our favorite nights for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I'm glad you had a great time at the party. Maybe it seemed so crowded to us b/c we only did the party stuff on/around Main St. and it seemed that is where EVERYONE was. We didn't ride anything. Maybe we will try again on another trip someday. Your girls are so cute in their Christmas outfits!
Yep, I've heard that the party crowd moves around in herds and as long as you try to go in other directions from the herds you should be fine. There must be some truth to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_K View Post
I'm glad you started another TR!

It looks like you all had a great time at MVMCP. We went to it last December, and it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Looking forward to the next installment
Thanks, definite highlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
I am enjoying your trip report!
Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update, looks so fun!
Great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
This is the best update so far!! How magical! I'm just soaking all of this in for our trip this next December!! I'm glad Faith got to ride Space Mountain--what is the height requirement? It was closed in May so I never looked into it. Ally is around 49 inches tall right now--I would think that would be tall enough, right? And it sounds like we enjoy the same fireworks spot on the walkway to Tomorrowland!! Thank you for the tip on viewing the castle show and having the same spot for the parade--very smart!! Where was the dance party with the stepsisters held? How fun that Anastasia danced with Faith!! What a hoot!! So the park is open until midnight on MVMCP nights? I'm a newbie when it comes to WDW this time of year!! Oh--and I noticed the new pics in your siggy--they must be from the cruise!! Beautiful!!
I think the height restriction for Space Mountain is 48 inches. It's fun to think the first time we took Faith to WDW she just barely made it on to Kali River Rapids which is 38 inches. So, 10 inches in 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPrincess486 View Post
I love the pictures from MVMCP!! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time It's great how so many people leave after the fireworks and after the second parade...the lines are virtually nonexistent!! I love MK (and all of WDW) around Christmas...it's just so magical...I like how you said it was like being in the middle of a perfect dream that you do not want to end, as I heartily agree And I love Cinderella Castle with the dream lights...I always ask Frankie to take a zillion pictures of it when we go to MVMCP...at least several shots of every color scheme, of course! Great update and can't wait to read more
Yep, the nonexistent lines are the best! The castle was gorgeous. I told DH we need a much better camera next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great update from MVMCP!

And what a teaser with those pics in your siggy from the cruise! They are wonderful!!!
Too funny, I didn't think of them as a teaser but works for me.
pmama is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #92
lilpapsgirl
Mouseketeer
 
lilpapsgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 198

Just stopping by your TR. I am loving it so far! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. I am so jealous that you got to got to WDW and take a cruise! How awesome. Can't wait to hear more and your girls are addorable!
__________________
_____________________________________________
lilpapsgirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #93
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!
 
hlrababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,077

Hey!!!! I finally made it over...better late than never!


Awesome updates so far and wonderful pictures!!!!

I love the pics of your sweet girls in your signature with Princess Tiana and Belle!!! So cute!!
hlrababy is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #94
praisehisname
DIS Veteran
 
praisehisname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Baltimore County, Maryland
Posts: 4,359

I'm joining in! DH and I were at the same MVMCP as you! I searched the background of all your pics, but we're not in any of them...
__________________
(Me) Denise Tom Lee 20 Sarah 18 Maggie 16

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

praisehisname is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #95
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Great update!! So happy that you had a great time at MVMCP! There is nothing like it!! We had the same feeling as you did, last year, when we went walking down Main Street with the snow falling! I remember thinking how is it possible that MK could be even more magical than it normally is? And it was!!!!
princess&her4princes is offline  
Old 01-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #96
Momof2princess
I want it all.....yesterday
Never had a Dole Whip or ridden Dumbo
To Poo or not to Poo is not the Question
 
Momof2princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North of the Mouse but still in the South
Posts: 1,900

Great Update

Looks like you had a blast at MVMCP! We would love to go that time of year, it looks so magical!!!
__________________
"Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a great battle". -- Plato





Me DHDD(12)DD (9)
Momof2princess is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #97
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,919

I finally made it too! Wow you guys had a very busy first day! It made me tired just reading about it.
How hot was it when you were there? Just be glad you weren't there over Christmas or after. I think it's pretty cold there now.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #98
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures
 
autumnpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,184

I just spent the last while catching up on your TR! I've been feeling sick today so this little bit of Disney magic is just what I needed.

Love your MVMCP pics! We were there last year and had an absolute blast. Walking down Main Street with the snow at the end of the night is so magical.

Your family is beautiful and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!
__________________
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
autumnpalm is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #99
smithpack
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 446

I have lurked on your first two TR's, and I LOVED them! I was so excited to find this one. My 10 year anniversary is coming up in May, and we have been saying the same thing. We want to do a Disney Cruise because we can have alone time, and time with our kids. It may be next year before we can do our cruise though

I am loving all the Christmas pictures. I watched the Disney Christmas parades on tv, and it really made me want to go during Christmas. I would love to see the Osbourne lights in real life. I hope you got to see them while you were there. Loving the TR and looking forward to more!
__________________
smithpack is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #100
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney
 
DisneyCP08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 204

Great update and loved all the MVMCP pics. We were there last year and loved it. Your pics made me miss it even more. Cant wait for more
__________________
Katie (25) and Jon (DF-25)
1st Disney Trip!! Contemporary Resort 2004 ,
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,


DisneyCP08 is offline  
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #101
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran
 
MouseTriper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,867

Just joining in on your TR....loving it so far. Your girls are adorable. Looking forward to reading more!
MouseTriper is offline  
Old 01-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #102
DisneyGirl2023
Earning My Ears
 
DisneyGirl2023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 42

subbing love your trip reports
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/oyw7y3xo4bv6kimi.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>

DisneyGirl2023 is offline  
Old 01-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #103
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran
 
JPFamilyMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming
Posts: 1,560

Loved your update(s), especially the MVMCP, I hope to be able to take my kids to a party one year, waiting until they are just a bit older though.

Your pictures were great, it sounds like you guys had a very magical night. Can't wait to read more.
__________________
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #104
pmama
DIS Veteran
 
pmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,251

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpapsgirl View Post
Just stopping by your TR. I am loving it so far! It looks like you guys had an awesome time. I am so jealous that you got to got to WDW and take a cruise! How awesome. Can't wait to hear more and your girls are addorable!
Thank you. Yes, we got a lot in this trip that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey!!!! I finally made it over...better late than never!

Awesome updates so far and wonderful pictures!!!!

I love the pics of your sweet girls in your signature with Princess Tiana and Belle!!! So cute!!
Thanks, we got some great pics with the princesses this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I'm joining in! DH and I were at the same MVMCP as you! I searched the background of all your pics, but we're not in any of them...
Ha, it was a great night for MVMCP wasn't it. Nice warm evening with no rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great update!! So happy that you had a great time at MVMCP! There is nothing like it!! We had the same feeling as you did, last year, when we went walking down Main Street with the snow falling! I remember thinking how is it possible that MK could be even more magical than it normally is? And it was!!!!
Yep, super magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2princess View Post
Great Update

Looks like you had a blast at MVMCP! We would love to go that time of year, it looks so magical!!!
Great time of year to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I finally made it too! Wow you guys had a very busy first day! It made me tired just reading about it.
How hot was it when you were there? Just be glad you weren't there over Christmas or after. I think it's pretty cold there now.
Glad you're here. Well we got to see a broad spectrum of Florida temperatures as you'll se later in the TR. But when we arrived it was in the mid 80s. It was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
I just spent the last while catching up on your TR! I've been feeling sick today so this little bit of Disney magic is just what I needed.

Love your MVMCP pics! We were there last year and had an absolute blast. Walking down Main Street with the snow at the end of the night is so magical.

Your family is beautiful and I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!
Thanks, you're sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithpack View Post
I have lurked on your first two TR's, and I LOVED them! I was so excited to find this one. My 10 year anniversary is coming up in May, and we have been saying the same thing. We want to do a Disney Cruise because we can have alone time, and time with our kids. It may be next year before we can do our cruise though

I am loving all the Christmas pictures. I watched the Disney Christmas parades on tv, and it really made me want to go during Christmas. I would love to see the Osbourne lights in real life. I hope you got to see them while you were there. Loving the TR and looking forward to more!
So glad you've come out of lurkdom. Yes we definitely saw Osbourne lights and it was even more amazing than it looks on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCP08 View Post
Great update and loved all the MVMCP pics. We were there last year and loved it. Your pics made me miss it even more. Cant wait for more
Thanks, I'm so glad we went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseTriper View Post
Just joining in on your TR....loving it so far. Your girls are adorable. Looking forward to reading more!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirl2023 View Post
subbing love your trip reports


Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Loved your update(s), especially the MVMCP, I hope to be able to take my kids to a party one year, waiting until they are just a bit older though.

Your pictures were great, it sounds like you guys had a very magical night. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks, we've loved both the MNSSHP and the MVMCP. They turn out to be one of the major highlights of our trips.
pmama is offline  
Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #105
ampc3
DIS Veteran
 
ampc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604

Just stumbled upon your TR your girls are adorable! I've always wanted to do a land and sea.... looking forward to hearing about the cruise part thinking we will do our first DCL next year maybe fingers crossed.....

Did you like the order you did it in wdw first then cruise? or would you chane it next time just curious??
__________________
ME DH (15) (13) (10) (twins 5)


lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report! mickeystoontown Completed Trip Reports 3222 10-18-2010 10:59 AM
How many more days until your trip to WDW part 3 pinkerbell Doing the Happy Dance! 4952 08-10-2010 01:53 AM
"Mom, Dad, 3 Kids & a Gingerbread Boy" Matty's Wish Trip December 10-18, 2009 pacrosby Completed Trip Reports 504 07-18-2010 08:06 PM
trip down memory lane - River Country disneyholic family UK Trip Planning Forum 21 12-30-2009 06:37 AM
Are You planning a trip to Disneyland in December? fairykin Disneyland (California) 677 12-28-2009 01:48 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: