Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 AM   #76
WDWPrincess486
Mouseketeer

I'm really enjoying your TR so far and can't wait to hear about MVMCP. We went on 12/11 and 12/18 and both nights were sold out. I love how even when it's busy it still isn't that bad at all because the lines are still relatively short for just about everything. Your girls are adorable in their Christmas dresses!! Can't wait to hear more

I love all things Disney, especially Disney Cruise Line and Aulani
Disney Wedding: April 20, 2013 at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian Resort
Aulani: November 9 - 14, 2012 (joined Frankie on a trip for his work!)
Previous cruises: Disney Wonder (2006, 2007, 2008) - Bahamas; Disney Magic (2008) - Mexican Riviera

Our first cruise together was aboard the Disney Dream -- May 1 - 5, 2011 -- Bahamas
Our first cruise with my parents was aboard the Disney Fantasy -- May 26 - June 2, 2012 -- Western Caribbean
Our honeymoon will be aboard the Disney Magic -- June 27 - July 9, 2013 -- Mediterranean with Venice
Our next cruise with my parents will be aboard the Disney Fantasy -- November 16 - 23, 2013 -- Eastern Caribbean
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #77
cinderella-princess
Disney Bride

I'm loving your TR so far! Your family is so great and you can tell how much fun you have together. I've followed along with your previous TR's and this trips PTR and can't wait to hear more. Living in CA I have no idea when we'll get to WDW so your experiences are a great way to feel some of the Disney magic from WDW. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I was there last - 2000 doesn't seem like that long ago!

DH 31 Me 28 DS 1

Our Honeymoon TR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2150471
Jason's Birthday TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post32593293
TR - The Year Without Disney is Officially Over!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2748604
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #78
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Yes, they did honor our reservation for Ohana, that's the latest I've ever been for a reservation. We thought we could call bell services to pick up our luggage and then leave. Tammy had done that before, but when we called, they told us someone had to be present when they picked it up. It didn't take them that long to get someone there, but we did wait on them, then had horrible luck with the buses. It's a helpless feeling like you described being in Norway trying to get to Teppan Edo. We felt that way with the 2 stops of the monorail trying to get to Ohana.

Great really long first day. I know you all had to be really tired that night. Love the balloons, especially the Mickey balloon. The boys got sword balloons and the girls got a puppy and a flower at check in at OKW. They always have them. But I've never seen the Mickey one, very cute.

The kids loved swimming too. They swam on Sunday, my mom called said it was like 30 degrees and raining at home. I told her 85 there and we were at the pool.

Love the girls dresses for the party. We did the Mickey santa hats too. Hope the party went good for you, can't wait to hear about it.
We got the wrong spot to watch the fireworks at the party. We were on the bridge between the castle and where Belle's story time is. We couldn't see the fireworks very well for the trees. It was frustrating. But my kids would got to it for the dance party alone. They just love it.
Glad you got to eat at Ohana! That Sunday was a beautiful day! You'll have to see when I post pictures of fireworks at MVMCP. It wasn't a great view but we got a better view by crouching down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPrincess486 View Post
I'm really enjoying your TR so far and can't wait to hear about MVMCP. We went on 12/11 and 12/18 and both nights were sold out. I love how even when it's busy it still isn't that bad at all because the lines are still relatively short for just about everything. Your girls are adorable in their Christmas dresses!! Can't wait to hear more

How fun you got to go twice! It was a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella-princess View Post
I'm loving your TR so far! Your family is so great and you can tell how much fun you have together. I've followed along with your previous TR's and this trips PTR and can't wait to hear more. Living in CA I have no idea when we'll get to WDW so your experiences are a great way to feel some of the Disney magic from WDW. I can't believe it's been 10 years since I was there last - 2000 doesn't seem like that long ago!
Thanks so much for following along and for posting so I know you're here!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #79
pmama
DIS Veteran

MVMCP officially begins!

We left off at the Magic Kingdom just as the castle was about to be lit. We had arrived at 4 p.m. for MVMCP and had already seen Princess Tiana and her showboat jubilee, rode Splash Mountain and BTMR. The girls were so excited to see the castle sparkle ever since they watched a Disney promo that said the castle sparkles with “pixie dust” during the holidays. It really is beautiful to witness them turning on.

The castle lighting was done a little before 6:30 so we headed to Cosmic Rays to grab some dinner. Our plan was to eat dinner and be there when the dance party started at 7 p.m. I was surprised at how busy Cosmic Rays was when we entered and completely full of people without wristband that would not be staying for the party. It usually doesn’t bother me that they don’t dismiss the rest of the crowd until 7 but I was a little annoyed when I couldn’t at first find a seat in the front area where the dance party would be. I even asked a Cast Member if everyone in here was going to get to participate in the dance party even though they had not purchased tickets. I really think they should stop letting non party public in at about 6:30 so they can start the dance party with just the paying crowd. Anyway, we did finally find a seat in the way back of the bottom front section. And, we were just about done when the party started! The girls loved the dance party. First it was Goofy and Pluto. Loved the “who let the dogs out” song. After a while Chip and Dale came in and we had all 4. It was great fun but also very crowded (I suspect with non party paying children).

We then went to see the new Christmas show in Tomorrowland. I read that a lot of people were disappointed with the old show being gone but we really enjoyed this one. I thought I was going to witness a brawl while we were waiting. Two young couples were standing in front of us with their baby strollers. Everyone else was sitting down. We figured they would sit down as soon as the show started but as time came near they were not sitting down. So the people behind us started yelling, “down in front”. They young parents would not sit down even when they were confronted face to face. Finally however the mob behind us won and the young parents left rather than sit on the ground. I do agree an ampitheatre would have been much more comfortable. It snowed at the end of the show which was perfect for us as it was the first time we’d seen Disney snow.

We then went to go ride Space Mountain. It was a milestone for Faith as she was just barely tall enough to ride it this time! She rode the Disneyland version over the summer because the height restriction there is shorter. She freaked out a little when she sat down and realized we were not sitting side by side but was just fine once we started zooming around.

We didn’t really get to play with the games as we were walking through the cue as there was NO LINE. Remember, it’s a sold out night. I’ve often read complaints about crowds on sold out nights but we did not experience that at all. But, it may help that we go to the second parade showing.
We then decided that this might be a good time to do the obligatory Speedway as the girls love it. This by far was our longest wait. We forgot to take the right cue and took the left cue once again that was much longer and moved slower.

The girls convinced DH to do the Tea Cups (I can’t handle circles) and on the way we ran into Alice with no line!

Last edited by pmama; 01-16-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #80
pmama
DIS Veteran

By this time it was about 15 minutes until fireworks so we went to find a spot for the fireworks. We went to our favorite viewing spot and found that all the perfect spots were taken. Should have gotten there early. I decided that MVMCP must be full of more veteran Disney people who know where the good spots are. We like to watch on the small walkway between Main Street and Tomorrowland as you can stand without anyone in front of you. We ended up having to stand near a tree but found that if we sat sat/crouched down we had a pretty good view under the tree.

It was a great fireworks show. I just love it when they all go off around you. We still think MNSSHP wins by just a hair.
We then made our way back to the castle for the show. We arrived in plenty of time but on purpose chose to stand further back. I wanted to see if a trick I had read about on the DIS would really work.

Although by the end of the show my feet were killing me from holding DD5 up the whole time. DH was sore from holding DD9 up the whole time. So, yes our trick did work but next time I think we’ll go closer up so we don’t have to hold them.
And what is the trick? You ask. It is to stand in your spot for the parade while watching the Castle show so that you can simply turn around and have prime viewing spots for the parade already secured. Yes, it worked perfectly. If you don’t have to hold up children I highly recommend it!
The party parades are just fabulous and this did not disappoint. The skaters and the wooden soldiers were particularly neat. It’s hard to explain how cool the wooden soldiers were without being there but they all stepped with their big wooden shoes in perfect unison which made for an awesome sight and sound.

Next up we were off to the step sister’s dance party. Too fun!

Faith was being shy and would not go out to the dance floor so Anastasia came and grabbed her and danced all around with Faith until Faith was laughing and comfortable out on the dance floor. Anastasia then became one of Faith’s favorites. She also took Hope’s scarf and wrapped it around Hope’s head and tied a bow. The girls thought it was hysterical.

Lady Trumane was in full character and at one point when the girls came back and stood near me she told them that they must not want to wed a prince if they were not out dancing.

We love the playful banter of the step sisters and their mother.

By now it was nearing midnight and we knew there was for sure one thing we had to do before the night was over……………… That’s right, DUMBO!
I took this picture of the castle while flying high on Dumbo!

After exiting Dumbo we walked right on the Carousel.

Next we ran to Peter Pan before the clock stroke midnight for our last ride of the night.

That last half hour of parties is always the best when the crowd is all but gone and everything is a complete run on. It’s a race to see how much you can get in before you have to leave.
Towards the very end of the night the clouds came down and it really made for the castle lights to be just gorgeous. I took this picture as we made our way out at midnight.

The snow on Main Street was just as magical as they say, simply stunning with the Christmas music playing in the background. I kept telling DH to walk slower because I did not want to leave. It really did feel like being in the middle of a perfect dream that you do not want to end.

Last edited by pmama; 01-04-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #81
tinkmom2
DIS Veteran

Hi,
You stopped by my TR so here I am to visit yours! I love your trip report so far! The girls' dresses in the beginning were sooo cute! Did you make them?
I want to go back today WAAHHH! LOL! I wish too that all the decorations were up when we were there in November. There still was too much to see and do! I think we may go back to WDW in 2011 when we go on our next cruise. It's funny that we took some of the same pics! Great minds think alike! I am glad to hear there are no broken bones..so far!
Chris

Private Meeting with Donald and Friends DCL http://youtu.be/UISHRa8lScM
BBB The Reveal http://youtu.be/AOjMTF9YBtk
Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #82
MAJ RN
Mom to Tyler and Alex!

Another great update!! I LOVE the way the castle looks all lit up, I would love to see it in person someday!! Great pictures of the girls with the stepsisters, what a fun time!! Can't wait to read more, it is making me even more excited for my trip

Melissa
Old 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #83
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Looked like someone else at the dance party got their daughter the same dress and scarf you got your girls. Hehe

And your DH looks so thrilled on SM. lol :D Glad Faith got to ride it. How is it now? When we were there in 2008 it was just before the refurb.

The more pics I see of people at MVMCP, the more convinced I'm becoming of spending the extra money for tix to it when we go in a couple years. :D

Can't wait for your next installment! :D

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(55), DG(61)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #84
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you had a great time at the party. Maybe it seemed so crowded to us b/c we only did the party stuff on/around Main St. and it seemed that is where EVERYONE was. We didn't ride anything. Maybe we will try again on another trip someday. Your girls are so cute in their Christmas outfits!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #85
Princess_K
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you started another TR!

It looks like you all had a great time at MVMCP. We went to it last December, and it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Looking forward to the next installment

May 2012...POFQ May 2010...Poly Dec 2008...CSR May 2007...CSR July 2001...Off-site July 1997...CBR July 1995...ASSp
Old 01-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #86
Ciciwoowoo
we would both run like heck to get home before the ghosts got us!

I am enjoying your trip report!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #87
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great update, looks so fun!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #88
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

This is the best update so far!! How magical! I'm just soaking all of this in for our trip this next December!! I'm glad Faith got to ride Space Mountain--what is the height requirement? It was closed in May so I never looked into it. Ally is around 49 inches tall right now--I would think that would be tall enough, right? And it sounds like we enjoy the same fireworks spot on the walkway to Tomorrowland!! Thank you for the tip on viewing the castle show and having the same spot for the parade--very smart!! Where was the dance party with the stepsisters held? How fun that Anastasia danced with Faith!! What a hoot!! So the park is open until midnight on MVMCP nights? I'm a newbie when it comes to WDW this time of year!! Oh--and I noticed the new pics in your siggy--they must be from the cruise!! Beautiful!!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #89
WDWPrincess486
Mouseketeer

I love the pictures from MVMCP!! It looks like you all had such a wonderful time It's great how so many people leave after the fireworks and after the second parade...the lines are virtually nonexistent!! I love MK (and all of WDW) around Christmas...it's just so magical...I like how you said it was like being in the middle of a perfect dream that you do not want to end, as I heartily agree And I love Cinderella Castle with the dream lights...I always ask Frankie to take a zillion pictures of it when we go to MVMCP...at least several shots of every color scheme, of course! Great update and can't wait to read more

I love all things Disney, especially Disney Cruise Line and Aulani
Disney Wedding: April 20, 2013 at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian Resort
Aulani: November 9 - 14, 2012 (joined Frankie on a trip for his work!)
Previous cruises: Disney Wonder (2006, 2007, 2008) - Bahamas; Disney Magic (2008) - Mexican Riviera

Our first cruise together was aboard the Disney Dream -- May 1 - 5, 2011 -- Bahamas
Our first cruise with my parents was aboard the Disney Fantasy -- May 26 - June 2, 2012 -- Western Caribbean
Our honeymoon will be aboard the Disney Magic -- June 27 - July 9, 2013 -- Mediterranean with Venice
Our next cruise with my parents will be aboard the Disney Fantasy -- November 16 - 23, 2013 -- Eastern Caribbean
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #90
cdotla
Trish

Great update from MVMCP!

And what a teaser with those pics in your siggy from the cruise! They are wonderful!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: