Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #61
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

Great TR! The other night I stayed up until 2 AM reading your last TR and completely enjoyed it. It was so worth the cost of the XL coffee I had to buy the next morning on the way to work.

You have a beautiful family...Happy New Year! Can't wait for the next installment....

Old 01-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #62
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Wow. We have GOT to spend more than 7 days in WDW next time we go at Christmas time. I want to spend at least one day resort hopping to see the decorations! :D

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #63
2girls+twins
Earning My Ears

new here - i am enjoying reading your trip report
Old 01-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #64
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great update. Looks like a fun day. Love the hats and dresses!
Old 01-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #65
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girls+twins View Post
to the DIS!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #66
MAJ RN
Mom to Tyler and Alex!

Great update. The girls are just adorable in their matching dresses and mickey santa hats! Glad you were able to get your camera back, I would have been a wreck! Can't wait to read about your time at MVMCP.

Melissa
Old 01-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #67
Momof2princess
I want it all.....yesterday
Never had a Dole Whip or ridden Dumbo
To Poo or not to Poo is not the Question

The balloon animals were soo cute!
I am loving your TR and can't wait to read more! You have an adorable family.

Brandy

Me DHDD(12)DD (9)
Old 01-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #68
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Great updates!! Love all the girls outfits and hats! SO CUTE!!!! So glad I got a chance to catch up before you got too much further along. Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney at Christmastime? It's soooo beautiful and magical!!! Can't wait to hear more!!! Happy New Year!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #69
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

The girls look so cute dressed up for the party with those red and white outfits/scarves! We have those same hats but I forgot to bring them this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Yep, I was surprised to find that this was the first visit where some of the new excitement was gone ever so slightly. I think we are planning to wait until after 2012 to return to WDW when the new Fantasyland is complete. We are however hoping to do another Disney Cruise before then. I do miss your TRs though.
We have a free dining booked for August but I may move it back to the Fall. It will be our last WDW trip for a while. If a BB is offered then I will book it more than likely for 2011 but I wont renew my AP's until that trip.

Within a years time we spent more than 7 weeks at WDW! It kind of ruined it for me and I can tell the kids love it but they don't appreciate it as much as they used to. Plus you see things changing before your eyes. In the past two years Disney had gotten dirtier, meaner, and neglectful and it's losing the special feeling I would get....I don't know how to describe it but they are not like they used to be.

I do want to try a cruise but I've been reading some bad stuff on those lately too. I am hoping to hear good things from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Oh darn...I was hoping to see your TR for this visit. I didn't know you read mine. If I can free up some time I will add to the dining report. I know if I start a full blown trip report I'd never take care of it. I might do a PTR at some pint for August and add some of the past trips to that. I don't know...

I know what you mean about TR burn out though...I have only done reports for 2 of my last 6 trips. They definitely are time-consuming. It's been quite awhile since my last one though so I think I might do one for our next trip in April. They really are time consuming. This is the other thing too...this past trip I had several people come out of nowhere and speak to me. They were all very nice people, I will say that. At the same time though it made me wonder...how many people recognize us and don't say anything!? (And how many of those people might be a little disturbed. ) I watch way too much CNN, I know, but you have to think about it at some point. There are bad people mixed with the good ones you meet and talk to. I don't regret anything I've done on here, I've made some wonderful friends that I will have for the rest of my life but the recognition thing freaks me out just a little. Not myself...I'm a total extrovert but the kids are a whole other story. If I do anything I wont include them.

I hope you reconsider on your Grand Gathering trip...that would be a different perspective and I would love to hear your take on it! The Grand Gatherings are A MUST DO! We had a blast at every one of them! Hoop De Doo was a wonderful surprise too. I thought for sure I'd hate that one but we loved it!

In the meantime, I am so glad I have another one of Brooke's great reports to read! Can't wait for more!
Me too!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #70
Dahly
Mouseketeer

Loving your TR so far. Thanks for all of the pics! Your girls are adorable.

Dahly
Old 01-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #71
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
You were smart to eat at Whispering Canyon since WL is decorated so beautifully for Christmas!! I'll have to remember that for next year!! How cool that you got to see Tiana!! I'm really hoping that they extend this show so we can see it in May! My girls would LOVE it!! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!! Oh--and the Mickey Santa hats are adorable as are the girls in their red dresses and scarves!! I bought my girls those hats when they went on clearance and when they were doing the free personalization online (had the girls names put in them all for $4.99). Unfortunately, I wished I had gotten the adult size for Ally as her hat doesn't stay on real well. Claire's fits great!!
Wow, you got a better deal on the hats than me. We paid I think $8.00 each without the personalization. They did not fit any of us quite right. You are right the kids sizes are small. Even the adult sizes were small for adults. Two actually fell apart before we came home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
WL looked heavenly!

The santa ear hats and dresses are too cute.

I'm very interested to hear how the party was. Our party wasn't even sold out and it was way too crowded for me.
I didn't have an issue with crowds whatsoever. We did the second parade which helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
I decided it was time to come out of lurkdom and say hi. I am enjoying your report because it is easy to see how much you love your family.

How fun that you came upon Princess Tiana! I felt your panic when you left your camera bag. I left my bag on Dumbo and I was just sick about it. Thankfully someone had turned it in as well.

I can't wait to hear more!
So glad you've come out of lurkdom. You are too sweet. Looks like you must have two princesses too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Great update!

Sorry your experience at WC wasn't the best...that's 2 not so great reviews for it I've heard in the last 2 days. Both were lunches so I think if we go I will be sure to go for supper instead.

Thank goodness someone turned in your video camera!!! I know from experience how devestating it can be to lose a camera on a trip.

Happy 2010, and looking forward to more!
Yes, I was so grateful someone turnred in the video camera. That really would have put a damper on our first day in MK!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #72
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLynn View Post
Great TR! The other night I stayed up until 2 AM reading your last TR and completely enjoyed it. It was so worth the cost of the XL coffee I had to buy the next morning on the way to work.

You have a beautiful family...Happy New Year! Can't wait for the next installment....
So honored you found the TR worth reading. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading along, and it looks like we share the same name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Wow. We have GOT to spend more than 7 days in WDW next time we go at Christmas time. I want to spend at least one day resort hopping to see the decorations! :D
Yes we definitely checked out more resorts this time around just to see the Christmas decorations. You easily could spend a whole day resort hopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girls+twins View Post
So glad you are enjoying the TR. Thanks for reading along and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update. Looks like a fun day. Love the hats and dresses!
Definitely a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ RN View Post
Great update. The girls are just adorable in their matching dresses and mickey santa hats! Glad you were able to get your camera back, I would have been a wreck! Can't wait to read about your time at MVMCP.

Melissa
Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2princess View Post
The balloon animals were soo cute!
I am loving your TR and can't wait to read more! You have an adorable family.

Brandy
Thanks for reading along and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great updates!! Love all the girls outfits and hats! SO CUTE!!!! So glad I got a chance to catch up before you got too much further along. Don't you just LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney at Christmastime? It's soooo beautiful and magical!!! Can't wait to hear more!!! Happy New Year!!
So glad to have you along. Happy New Year to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
The girls look so cute dressed up for the party with those red and white outfits/scarves! We have those same hats but I forgot to bring them this year.

We have a free dining booked for August but I may move it back to the Fall. It will be our last WDW trip for a while. If a BB is offered then I will book it more than likely for 2011 but I wont renew my AP's until that trip.

Within a years time we spent more than 7 weeks at WDW! It kind of ruined it for me and I can tell the kids love it but they don't appreciate it as much as they used to. Plus you see things changing before your eyes. In the past two years Disney had gotten dirtier, meaner, and neglectful and it's losing the special feeling I would get....I don't know how to describe it but they are not like they used to be.

I do want to try a cruise but I've been reading some bad stuff on those lately too. I am hoping to hear good things from you!

Me too!
It is great that you have the flexibility in traveling whenever with homeschooling! Hope I don't turn you off to cruising. We did not end up with the best of circumstances but still loved the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Loving your TR so far. Thanks for all of the pics! Your girls are adorable.

Dahly
Thanks! Glad you like lots of pics.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #73
MiNniEDrEameR
Mouseketeer

Great TR so far can't wait to hear more!!

August 7th-15th~ Couples Disney Adventure!!- POP Century
March 7th-14th 2010~ Bring on the Beer!!! Couples Adventure 2010 --DVC visiting Boardwalk !!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM   #74
bc_butterfly
Excitedly and neurotically planning our second DW vacation

Loving your trip report so much had to go back and read your PTR and other TR's

Hope you had a fantastic New Year.

Countdown to Disney World January 2010
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/m661aelr43knn82u.png[/img]

DisneyWorld Under The Tree Take II - PTR
Disneyland x3 (1988, 1995, 2006)
Disneyworld AKL - Jan 2008
Disneyworld AKV Kidani - Jan 2010
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #75
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Yes, they did honor our reservation for Ohana, that's the latest I've ever been for a reservation. We thought we could call bell services to pick up our luggage and then leave. Tammy had done that before, but when we called, they told us someone had to be present when they picked it up. It didn't take them that long to get someone there, but we did wait on them, then had horrible luck with the buses. It's a helpless feeling like you described being in Norway trying to get to Teppan Edo. We felt that way with the 2 stops of the monorail trying to get to Ohana.

Great really long first day. I know you all had to be really tired that night. Love the balloons, especially the Mickey balloon. The boys got sword balloons and the girls got a puppy and a flower at check in at OKW. They always have them. But I've never seen the Mickey one, very cute.

The kids loved swimming too. They swam on Sunday, my mom called said it was like 30 degrees and raining at home. I told her 85 there and we were at the pool.

Love the girls dresses for the party. We did the Mickey santa hats too. Hope the party went good for you, can't wait to hear about it.
We got the wrong spot to watch the fireworks at the party. We were on the bridge between the castle and where Belle's story time is. We couldn't see the fireworks very well for the trees. It was frustrating. But my kids would got to it for the dance party alone. They just love it.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: