Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #46
cdotla
Trish

Wow - what a rockin' night that was!

Glad to hear you liked Teppan Edo. I was leaning towards it, and your review doesn't hurt at all. Now the struggle to try and fit it into our schedule!

I love that walk at night from Epcot to BC-YC and BW. It is so beautiful and relaxing!

So jealous that you attended Dis-a-palooza. Did you see anyone you knew from the Boards?

I heard from the podcast how incredible the balloon man was but wasn't prepared for that incredible Mickey balloon. Amazing! I am like your daughters - I totally would have waiting in line for one!

Looking forward to the MVMCP update!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #47
coolmommy
Earning My Ears

Just got caught up on both your pre trip and trip report. Can't wait to see how the cruise went- and the said 'hiccups' that added a day or two to your trip.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 PM   #48
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great update. Glad you liked Teppan Edo. Looks like a fun time at DHS!!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #49
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

That Mickey balloon was great! WOW! Teppan Edo is becoming the go to place these days. You used to be able to walk right in but not now. I'm a little bored with the presentation now that we go all the time but the food is so good. I think we ate there three times this past trip!

Oh, no more trip reports for me. Kind of got burnt out on them. Started a food review and never finished it. I keep saying that I will since we did the Grand Gatherings. I want to help people see what those were all about but I can't make myself do it. I'm trying to keep up with my reading though.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #50
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Teppan Edo was on my list too for this upcoming April trip. However, we went to a local hibatchi resturant a few months ago and DS4 freaked out when he saw all the fire.

When they came to our table I had to go outside with him he was screaming so loud. Oh well ....maybe we can try it in a few years.

Can't wait to read more. I can't believe all you did that first night. That's great.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #51
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Glad to hear you made your TE reservation after all! Those places are soooooo fun!

Faith looked tired in the pic where she's holding her balloon.

I LOVE reading this TR. Brings back all my memories from our Christmas trip last year. :D
Christmas time is beautiful in WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Great update. Loved the Gingerbread house!

That was one serious onion volcano!

I've never heard of the Dis party. How did you get in for that?

The Boardwalk was beautiful. We didn't make it there this last time. Maybe next trip.

That Mickey balloon WAS very impressive!

Can't wait to hear more.

I've started a tr also. If you get a minute, stop by!
You must not listen to their podcast. I heard about the party on the podcast. They are really fun to listen to and have a good sense of humor. By switching our res. under dreamsunliminted we got to do the party for FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW!! This update is packed full!! You got so much done that night! We want to visit the Boardwalk as well in May. It looks really pretty!! LOVE the gingerbread house--sooo cute!! What a fun time you had in HS!! TSM looks like sooo much fun--can't wait to ride that in May! And the Jessie/Bullseye photo op is sooo cute!! I'm not sure I've ever seen pics with them before!! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!!!
Yep, it was a great first night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ RN View Post
Glad you made it to your Teppan Edo ressie, that is one of our favorite!! That onion volcano was massive!! How fun to be at DHS after closing. Can't wait to read more.

Melissa
Loved the onion volcano!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #52
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow - what a rockin' night that was!

Glad to hear you liked Teppan Edo. I was leaning towards it, and your review doesn't hurt at all. Now the struggle to try and fit it into our schedule!

I love that walk at night from Epcot to BC-YC and BW. It is so beautiful and relaxing!

So jealous that you attended Dis-a-palooza. Did you see anyone you knew from the Boards?

I heard from the podcast how incredible the balloon man was but wasn't prepared for that incredible Mickey balloon. Amazing! I am like your daughters - I totally would have waiting in line for one!

Looking forward to the MVMCP update!
You're funny. Too bad we had to leave the balloons behind when we went on the cruise. I was surprised that the whole night at the TSM party I only saw two families I recognized from the boards. I knew of others that were there but never noticed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmommy View Post
Just got caught up on both your pre trip and trip report. Can't wait to see how the cruise went- and the said 'hiccups' that added a day or two to your trip.
Thanks for reading along and posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update. Glad you liked Teppan Edo. Looks like a fun time at DHS!!
Teppan Edo is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
That Mickey balloon was great! WOW! Teppan Edo is becoming the go to place these days. You used to be able to walk right in but not now. I'm a little bored with the presentation now that we go all the time but the food is so good. I think we ate there three times this past trip!

Oh, no more trip reports for me. Kind of got burnt out on them. Started a food review and never finished it. I keep saying that I will since we did the Grand Gatherings. I want to help people see what those were all about but I can't make myself do it. I'm trying to keep up with my reading though.
Yep, I was surprised to find that this was the first visit where some of the new excitement was gone ever so slightly. I think we are planning to wait until after 2012 to return to WDW when the new Fantasyland is complete. We are however hoping to do another Disney Cruise before then. I do miss your TRs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Teppan Edo was on my list too for this upcoming April trip. However, we went to a local hibatchi resturant a few months ago and DS4 freaked out when he saw all the fire.

When they came to our table I had to go outside with him he was screaming so loud. Oh well ....maybe we can try it in a few years.

Can't wait to read more. I can't believe all you did that first night. That's great.
Oh, your poor son. I guess it's good you figured that out before being at WDW.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #53
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Oh darn...I was hoping to see your TR for this visit.

I know what you mean about TR burn out though...I have only done reports for 2 of my last 6 trips. They definitely are time-consuming. It's been quite awhile since my last one though so I think I might do one for our next trip in April.

I hope you reconsider on your Grand Gathering trip...that would be a different perspective and I would love to hear your take on it!

In the meantime, I am so glad I have another one of Brooke's great reports to read! Can't wait for more!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #54
pmama
DIS Veteran

MVMCP Day!

Well, I'm going to take advantage of these last couple leisurely days before school resumes to update some more magical memories.

The plans for today were to sleep in as long as we possibly could then either go to AK or hang out at the pool before MVMCP. Unfortunately for some reason I slept miserably, or really didn't sleep. I ended up getting up super early before 6 after not sleeping well. I went and got some coffee and bought some post cards. I sat by the pool on a nice warm December morning and filled out a few postcards. I remember sending a text to my mother with a picture of people in the pool and a note about the wonderful weather. I then realized it was 5 a.m. back home ooops.

After sipping my coffee by the pool I suddenly felt very tired and realized that there was no way I would make it today if I didn't force myself to get some rest. Two nights of not sleeping was starting to take it's tole. So, I made my way back to the room where everyone was still sleeping and fell asleep. About 30 minutes later they started waking up but I still felt so drained and tired. DH volunteered to take them to the pool while I tried to get some rest. After about an hour I made my way down to the pool to see how they were all doing. It was SOOO HOT and sunny, loved it! The girls were loving it too.

So, I gave the girls the choice of visiting AK for a little bit before MVMCP or swimming longer. They chose swimming. So, DH and I hung out in the glorious heat near the pool and sipped our coffee while the girls had a blast swimming.

I had made reservations at Whispering Canyon for late lunch (2:30) just in case. These reservations turned out to be perfect.

We headed back to the room, showered, and the girls opened another gift.The gifts were the holiday dresses they are wearing and the Mickey Santa Hats.

By then it was about 1:40 and we were worried about making the reservations in time. We would have to take a bus to MK then wait for a ferry boat to Wilderness Lodge. We decided that we would just take a taxi to insure we didn't miss the res. This was our first family taxi ride in Orlando and I was in cloud 9 with how convenient it was. You just walk out to the front and tell the bellman you need a taxi, he waves over a waiting taxi with his Mickey hand, and opens the door for you all while he tells the taxi driver where to take us. Our taxi driver didn't say one word but he did slow down when he realized I was taking a picture of the MK entrance.

The girls were thrilled to be in a taxi too. Too funny.

I had to take this picture of DH sitting in the front with his Mickey Santa hat.

We were dropped off right out front of the Wilderness Lodge. I can't remember exactly but it was between $15-20 just like I've read in other reports. Totally worth it if you're looking to avoid long transit or are in a hurry. I could not believe when we entered the resort that it was not yet 2 p.m. We were now 30 minutes early. We had never seen the geyser so I took the family out back in search of seeing the geyser erupt at the top of the hour.

No one else was very fascinated by it but I was glad I got to see it. We then took a couple of pictures in front of the tree before checking in early.

DH helped the girls build cabins with the logs.

This is the beautiful view I had from my seating area as I dined.

The girls enjoyed running around the room on the horses.

I only take a picture of especially pretty food. This was DH's desert. yummy

Overall we thought our lunch here was okay but not worth our table service dining credits. The bill was only $60. If we'd been thinking we should have paid OOP and kept the table service credits. We didn't see any of the fun stuff like carrying ketchup from table to table or super big forks. Our waitress did not interact with us in the fun ways I saw some other servers doing. I was glad to see the resort and especially the beautiful Christmas tree. If we ever do lunch here again we will pay OOP.

This is my husband acting goofy. This is not a genuine smile.

We've seen this totem pole in so many TRs so it was fun to actually pose by it.

By this time it was about 3:30 and time for us to head to the boat dock for MVMCP!

When we entered the park we saw this sign.

SOLD OUT! I was a little nervous about how the crowds would be.

As we made our way into Liberty Square I could hear the Princess Tiana showboat Jubilee playing!! What a fun time for us to arrive. The ferry was coming back after completing it's round. We found a nice spot on the ledge and the girls (and I) eagerly waved at Princess Tiana

Last edited by pmama; 12-31-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #55
pmama
DIS Veteran

We then realized we were right near where they would be coming off the boat and moved to be standing right up front where the danced their way off the boat, singing. It was too fun and the perfect start to our MK day!

After getting our first glimpse at Princess Tiana we headed to Fronteirland in hopes of getting FPs for Splash Mtn. As we were parking the stroller I realized I was missing the video camera. In my excitement to get closer to the Princess I had left it on the ledge. So, we hurried our way back through the crowd and to the ledge where I had left it to find that it was no longer there. DH kept his calm and found the closest CM who confirmed indeed it had been turned in and she grabbed it from back where the Liberty boat docks. Hurray, it is still a Disney Day!
We were surprised to see the wait for Splash Mtn was only 15 minutes so we hopped in line.

We got soaked. Way more than we had ever before. Either we've been lucky in the past or we were really unlucky this time. As the girls said, they were soaked down to their panties. Good thing it was a hot December day!

Next we made our way to one of Hope's favorites; BTMR.

We were suprised at how small the lines were. We imagined that it must have been a pretty light day at the MK and wondered if it would get more crowded as the party folks arrived.

By now it was starting to get dark. DH and the girls got some roasted almonds and I got a Dole Whip as we made our way to the front of the castle for the castle lighting!

Up Next The official start of MVMCP
Old 12-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #56
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

You were smart to eat at Whispering Canyon since WL is decorated so beautifully for Christmas!! I'll have to remember that for next year!! How cool that you got to see Tiana!! I'm really hoping that they extend this show so we can see it in May! My girls would LOVE it!! Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!! Oh--and the Mickey Santa hats are adorable as are the girls in their red dresses and scarves!! I bought my girls those hats when they went on clearance and when they were doing the free personalization online (had the girls names put in them all for $4.99). Unfortunately, I wished I had gotten the adult size for Ally as her hat doesn't stay on real well. Claire's fits great!!
Old 12-31-2009, 04:50 PM   #57
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year, Brooke!!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:30 PM   #58
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

WL looked heavenly!

The santa ear hats and dresses are too cute.

I'm very interested to hear how the party was. Our party wasn't even sold out and it was way too crowded for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #59
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I decided it was time to come out of lurkdom and say hi. I am enjoying your report because it is easy to see how much you love your family.

How fun that you came upon Princess Tiana! I felt your panic when you left your camera bag. I left my bag on Dumbo and I was just sick about it. Thankfully someone had turned it in as well.

I can't wait to hear more!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #60
cdotla
Trish

Great update!

Sorry your experience at WC wasn't the best...that's 2 not so great reviews for it I've heard in the last 2 days. Both were lunches so I think if we go I will be sure to go for supper instead.

Thank goodness someone turned in your video camera!!! I know from experience how devestating it can be to lose a camera on a trip.

Happy 2010, and looking forward to more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: