Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #16
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Great Start, can't wait to read along. Seems like every trip has some issues, but the fun out weighs it by far. We had a car accident on our way home in March and it really put a huge cloud over the end of a wonderful vacation. Weeks later digging thru the photos, I was back "in" all the fun we had.
Very nice meeting your family, can't wait til the cruise.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #17
WDWPrincess486
Mouseketeer

Subbing...I've lurked on your PTR but definitely joining in to hear about your trip!! Sorry to hear that things did not go according to plan at the very end, but it's great that you still had a wonderful trip and a lot of fun!! Glad that you're all home safely and can't wait to read more...

I love all things Disney, especially Disney Cruise Line and Aulani
Disney Wedding: April 20, 2013 at Disney's Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian Resort
Aulani: November 9 - 14, 2012 (joined Frankie on a trip for his work!)
Previous cruises: Disney Wonder (2006, 2007, 2008) - Bahamas; Disney Magic (2008) - Mexican Riviera

Our first cruise together was aboard the Disney Dream -- May 1 - 5, 2011 -- Bahamas
Our first cruise with my parents was aboard the Disney Fantasy -- May 26 - June 2, 2012 -- Western Caribbean
Our honeymoon will be aboard the Disney Magic -- June 27 - July 9, 2013 -- Mediterranean with Venice
Our next cruise with my parents will be aboard the Disney Fantasy -- November 16 - 23, 2013 -- Eastern Caribbean
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

Great start, I am soooo excited to hear about the trip. We had an issue on the very last day of our day at Animal Kingdom and my mom ended up going to the emergency room and coming home in a wheelchair. But when we look back it still was a really good trip.
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

Old 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Whoo hooo!!!! So glad to hear that your trip was great! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

LOL - I love hearing other people are doing the last minute packing and preparation marathon til the last minute like me. I really should take your advise and try to get finished early this year!

Not liking that title about the trip insurance and the extra unhappy days at the end...hopefully nothing too bad!

Can't wait to hear all about everything! And Happy belated Christmas to you and your Family!
Packing is a huge feet. I took way too much this year. Hope to be more organized next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!!! I am soooo excited to read your TR, Brooke (especially since we're going next year around Christmas)!! But you have me worried about what happened at the end! I'm assuming everything is ok now?! LOVE the first update!! How fun that you got to meet Tammy and her family!! We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast on our last trip--soooo fun! I wore that same shirt you wore when we ate there! And the girls look adorable as ever in their outfits!! Can't WAIT to read more!!!!
What, are you going May and December?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ RN View Post
I am in for your trip report. I love the girls first gifts, the nightgowns are so cute! Can't wait to read more!!

Melissa
Thanks, they had pointed out the nightgowns a few months earlier but did not know that I purchased them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Seanaci* View Post
Afternoon/evening/night arrivals are so much better. That's about what we did last year...which made our first full day in the park that much better! We weren't so tired from travelling and then hopping into a park.

Your girls are just precious!
It's true. I may stick with the whole evening thing when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Welcome back! Sounds great so far. Can't wait to read the rest!
Thanks a bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Been lurking,now posting. Great start to your TR. Girls are so cute. Can't wait to read along. We are planning a Christmas trip next year!
Hi Mary, glad you're still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Yay! I am in!! I am with Becky...SO worried about your last two days! I hope you guys were ok SO interested in hearing about Christmas WDW AND the cruise!!
Looking forward to sharing it all with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybean View Post
I'm so in!! Can't wait to read more and you're really doing a good job building the suspense for whatever happens at the end of the trip!!! Now all kinds of things are running through my head !!

Your girls are TOO Cute!!
Thanks too funny. I guess our ending does at least make for good storytelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Yay! You started...going back to read now! Hope you had a wonderful time and a Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas. I stopped by your thread and it looks like you've been VERY sick. I am so sorry to hear this, especially during the holidays. Hope you're feeling better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
subbing in for your new adventure. I missed keeping up with the PTR again but am here for the journey.
As always your family is just darling. What a great start to your trip and your TR so far. Can't wait to read more.
Glad you're joining along, I agree. . TRs are much funner to read than PTRs.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #20
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I definitely am subbing to this one! The girls look so cute with Minnie! You had a great idea by arriving the night before a full park day. I have contemplated this before but since our flight is only 2 hrs away, I couldn't stand not going to a park the first day! But traveling with little ones does make a difference and you were smart to get your rest

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Great Start, can't wait to read along. Seems like every trip has some issues, but the fun out weighs it by far. We had a car accident on our way home in March and it really put a huge cloud over the end of a wonderful vacation. Weeks later digging thru the photos, I was back "in" all the fun we had.
Very nice meeting your family, can't wait til the cruise.
I enjoyed meeting you as well. Did they honor your reservations at Ohana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWPrincess486 View Post
Subbing...I've lurked on your PTR but definitely joining in to hear about your trip!! Sorry to hear that things did not go according to plan at the very end, but it's great that you still had a wonderful trip and a lot of fun!! Glad that you're all home safely and can't wait to read more...
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCP08 View Post
Great start, I am soooo excited to hear about the trip. We had an issue on the very last day of our day at Animal Kingdom and my mom ended up going to the emergency room and coming home in a wheelchair. But when we look back it still was a really good trip.
Oh my, that does sound like a terrible ending. Poor Mom. Thanks for joining.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #22
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I definitely am subbing to this one! The girls look so cute with Minnie! You had a great idea by arriving the night before a full park day. I have contemplated this before but since our flight is only 2 hrs away, I couldn't stand not going to a park the first day! But traveling with little ones does make a difference and you were smart to get your rest
Thanks for subbing! Thanks. We loved the extra time we got on our first full day. Otherwise we would not have arrived until around dinner time in Orlando.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #23
pmama
DIS Veteran

So, last post we left off on the monorail to Epcot after a great breakfast with Mickey and Friends at Chef Mickey’s. We relied on the photopass people for family pictures so I can’t really share those until I get that. So, can’t show you the festive entrance just yet… sorry. Our first mission was to go fast pass test track. What I noticed this year is that we were all far more relaxed. In years prior I would have thought it such a waste of time for us all to mosey our way to the back for a fast pass but we enjoyed walking along together and taking in our first day at the park. Finally we made our way back to ride Spaceship Earth.

I then took a picture of Faith and I thinking she was smiling and saw this.

She couldn’t remember the ride from last year and was afraid that it was going to be a fast moving roller coaster. I assured her that it was just fine and eventually she started to enjoy the ride.
Love the little videos with our pictures!

When we came out we saw the Jaminators finishing up. Of course it was Junior Jaminator day and the girls each got stickers.

Next up we entered the clam for the Nemo ride! Crowds were pretty low, we didn’t have much of a wait.

When we got out there was a crowd waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush. We saw that there would be plenty of room so we went to take one of our yearly pictures. Sometime I’ll have to compare these pictures year to year to see how they change.

After watching Turtle Talk with Crush we made our way out to another favorite photo spot.

We stopped by Club Cool but didn’t stay very long as the floors were all sticky and it was kinda gross sticking to the floor as you walked around.

We noticed the Gospel Group would be doing a performance soon so we got some ice cream treats and watched the show. They were amazing and very entertaining. Also refreshing to hear Jesus’ name sung out loud so much in a public place. We all really enjoyed listening to them.

It was fantastically hot. We loved it. We had just come from two weeks solid in Colorado of solid freezing temperatures. At about this point Faith was done and wanted to go back to our hotel. I was a little worried as we had a very late night planned.

Next up our Fast Pass time was up for Test Track (a family favorite).

We took a little time to explore the cars before exiting.

We then went to get FastPasses for Soarin. On the way I looked down at Faith and found this.

I was a little surprised that she had dropped already. She has not taken mid-day naps in a couple years now. We also had slept in and went to late breakfast. I think her body was still a little tired from the travel the day before and adjusting to Orlando time. We decided that this would be a good time for Hope to try out the Kim Possible Mission. She had been looking forward to that. As we past the tree we stopped for pictures. We even had a photopass person take a family picture with Faith sleeping in the stroller. As we were leaving one of her shoes fell off and we almost missed it. The photographer pointed it out and said that she must be Cinderella. I thought at first her was referring to her Minnie Mouse Costume and thought he really needs to study up on his princess before duh I realized he was referring to her losing a slipper. Too cute.

After getting a slip for Kim Possible we were told to be in Norway in about 10 minutes so we made our way that way. Here is the man explaining to Hope how the process of her mission.

So, what did we think about the Kim Possible Mission. Well …….. Hope loved it. I thought it was okay, DH hated it. While I think it is such a cute idea, and absolutely loved the little hidden things that would activate, the process is VERY slow. For the first 10 minutes I felt like we were standing in one spot listening to their messages. They would tell you to find a certain place that would literally be right where you already were just turn your body a bit. Then we’d read through more of a mission and turn our body a bit for the next thing. Hope definitely would like to give it a try another time so I guess it is a success for children. I like it but found the listening to the phone (standing around) to be a little excessive.

In the middle of our mission the Norway Santa storytellers came out so we stopped to hear their story and Faith woke up.

Here’s a picture of one of the phone activated thingermabobers. This flag raised in the background.

We also had a statue speak to us and our picture taken from a spy camera that showed up on the phone.

After completing the mission we returned the phone and rode the cute little boat ride in Norway. As we were waiting in line I decided to look up our dining times that I had saved to DH’s phone. In my head our dinner reservations was 5-5:15. When I found the time it said 4:30. It was currently 4:25 and we were trapped in the line. DH wanted to climb over a wall to get out. I know that they usually give at least 10 minutes after the res. time and thought we would be fine.

I forgot one important thing though. They trap you when you get off this ride for several minutes until the little Norway show is done then you have to walk through the seating area if you choose not to stay for their short little show.

Up Next Do we make it in time for our Teppan Edo reservations.

Last edited by pmama; 12-29-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #24
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update! I love the outfit on the girls--too cute.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #25
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Followed you over.... can't wait to read more and see what happened. I hope nothing too serious.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #26
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Wow...Faith looks so much like you...and Hope looks like DH. :D They're so cute! And I love that they dress in their Disney dresses! I so can't wait to have a little girl. :D

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 PM   #27
WDWCrazyfromGA
Mouseketeer

I LOVE, LOVE your TR (and enjoyed your PTR as well!) What room did you request at POP? We love POP, but we have never stayed on the lake side before.

I'm looking forward to the rest for your TR!!

Have a Happy New Year!!

Jun 06 – POP (Family first trip!) * Jan 07 - POP * Nov 07 – POP (DD 4th Princess Birthday! and MVMCP) * Oct 08 – POP (MNSSHP) * Apr 09 – 3 night Wonder * Oct 09 – POP (MNSSHP) * Apr 10 – 4 night Wonder and POR * Nov 10 – BLT (1st trip home - MVMCP) * Jan 11 – POP * Feb 11 – POP (Royal Family 5K) * Apr 11 - DREAM and VWL * May 11 - AKV Kidani and BLT * Sep 11 - BLT * Oct 11 - All Star Sports - Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon (First Adult Only trip!) * Nov 11 - BLT * Apr 12 - Mother/Daughter trip * May 12 - AKV/BLT * Jul 12 - HHI * Sept 12 - BWV/BLT * Apr 13 - AKV/BLT * Jun 13 - HHI * Oct 13 - BLT
Old 12-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #28
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Loving your trip reports so far. Now, I'm gonna go back and read one your old ones...
Old 12-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #29
MAJ RN
Mom to Tyler and Alex!

Another great update! I love the girls Minnie Mouse outfits, darling!!! The picture of you and Faith on Spaceship Earth is funny, she looks terrified. My son wants to try the Kim Possible mission so I think we will do that in Feb, thanks for your take on that. Can't wait to read more.

Melissa
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #30
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun day. Can't wait to hear about Teppan Edo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: