Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
Bridora
DIS Veteran

We Stuffed our Faces and Searched for the Tronorail, It's Trip Report Time! *11/3

Hi! Iím B. Welcome to my Trip Report!

If you didnít read my PTR, there is a link for it in my signature, ďMay 2010 PTR-Bay Lake Tower, here we comeĒ

I took my first trip to WDW in 2003 when I was 23 years old. So you can do the math on my age! I had always wanted to go to WDW and when my DH & I had to opportunity to take our two kids who were then 3 and 17 months old we took it! We have found a way to back every year since then. Last year while in WDW we did something my DH has been wanting to do for quite a while-we bought DVC! Bay Lake Tower is our home resort.

Here we are in Downtown Disney on May 27, 2010, our check in day!

I couldnít resist that reusable bag!

Max is my DH. It works out nicely for both of us that the other one loves Disney, too! Heís also a huge Star Wars fan. Heís been kind enough to share that love with me and with our children.

Allison is our oldest. She turned 10 just 2 weeks before our trip. She loves all the princesses and the fairies and most other characters, too. Once again, she had a ďGuide to the Magic for KidsĒ book in tow. These books are awesome!

Luke is our youngest. He turned 8 in February. He was excited about Star Wars Weekends and riding Everest. He was not so keen on meeting any princesses, but did stand for a few pictures while at Cinderellaís Royal Table.

The kids took along several pins for trading this year. They have always bought a couple of pins on each trip, but they were special pins and the kids didnít want to trade those! Max bought a big lot of pins on eBay and the kids went through them and chose the ones they would take along to trade. But more on that laterÖ.on to the trip!

Our official dates were May 27 through June 4. We normally leave early the day before check-in and drive all to the way from Central Arkansas to Ocala, FL. We like being so close to Disney that next day! Our check-in day is always for Downtown Disney, mini-golfing, resort exploring, etc. so being so close that next day gives us plenty of time to do all that. This year, though we drove over to the Memphis area on Tuesday, May 25, to stay with my SIL and her family that night. That cut down on driving time Wednesday.

Max took Tuesday afternoon off and checked the kids out of school around 1:30. They still had one whole day and two 1:30 days left in the school year. We didnít plan on taking the kids out of school for vacation, but that whole week had been added because of all the snow we got this year! I got off work about an hour early, at 2 pm. Max had the car mostly loaded when I got home. There were only a few things to throw in and then we were off!

Five minutes later we were back home to grab the Garmin out of Maxís truck and then we were finally on our way at 3:15.

Itís about a 3 hour-ish drive for us to my SILís house. First picture of the trip?

Some roadside scenery. Look closely and you can see the crop duster! It actually looks like he's in between two power lines.

Hereís a closer shot of him! He kept the kids entertained for a bit. But donít worry, they also had their Nintendo DS(es), DVD player, and a whole bag of activities to entertain them too.

Flying Gravel? Donít think Iíve seen that one before, so take a picture of it, I say!

There is this gas station along the way that has super powerful air hand dryers in their restrooms. Last year when we stopped here and Luke used the dryer Allison and I could hear him laughing through the door. We had to stop here again and ďfeel the powerĒ When we did I picked up a special treat reserved only for vacations:

Those things are soooo good and I drink them soooo fast! But after about 3 sips of this one I double checked the label to make sure it wasnít sugar free or something. It had a bit of a funny taste to it. I didnít notice at first I guess because I was just so happy to be having one again! Hereís what I found when I checked the label:

This was how I felt then:

It was hard not to finish it anyway! But Max said I could have another one, and we were only about an hour away from my SILís house at that point. I decided to wait until the next day and try again and check the expiration date, too!

Something else I forgot to mention earlier that kept the kids (and us) occupied was this:

I have been reading the series to the kids and we were on this book anyway, but havenít had much time to read lately, so what better way, right? We also took the next book in the series, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on CD with us. We didnít get around to listening to that one, though.

Here were are on our way out of Arkansas:

Just missed the Tennessee sign on that one!

We arrived at my SILís house just in time for dinner! She & her DH have twin boys who are 9 months old. They are adorable! We had fun visiting with them and my other SIL who just returned from a semester in Italy!

We went to bed that night ready for our next day of driving! Ocala, here we come!

Here are links if you would like to skip straight to the next installments:
Driving Day!
From Ocala to Bay Lake Tower
Checking In
Downtown Disney
Bay Lake Tower
Friday Part 1 - Magic Kingdom
Friday Part 2 - DIS Meet in Epcot
Friday Part 3 - Epcot Evening Extra Magic Hours
Saturday Part 1 - Blizzard Beach
Saturday Part 2 - Contemporary Wanderings
Saturday Part 3 - Boma!
Sunday Part 1 - BTMRR
Sunday Part 2 - Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's Royal Table
Sunday Part 3 - Star Wars Weekends!
Sunday Part 4 - Magic Kingdom Evening Extra Magic Hours
Monday Part 1 - Animal Kingdom with a dash of Hollywood Studios
Monday Part 2 - Yak & Yeti and EMH at AK
Tuesday Part 1 - Typhoon Lagoon, The Water Bridge, & Kona Cafe
Tuesday Part 2 - The night of the Poncho decision
Wednesday Part 1 - Time for Cowboys
Wednesday Part 2 - Hollywood Studios Evening Extra Magic Hours
Thursday Part 1 - BLT check-out, Boardwalk check-in!
Thursday Part 2 - Our last night in Epcot
Friday, check-out-day.
Finished up!

2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West

Last edited by Bridora; 11-03-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

I'M HERE!! Can't wait for more!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
TeaForTulips
DIS Veteran

Talking

subbing! great start!

Tarah (That's me!) Jen Mary Marmee Bobo Trista Mario Pierce Hallise Pollyanna Tucker
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

I'm here I'm here!!!! Can't wait for more
Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi B! I'm here and ready to follow along. It was great meeting you at EPCOT on the 28th!
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 06-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

You know I'm here!!

And I may not be like a math major or anything, but my calculations say that you are 27, maybe 28??

I'm dying for your BLT pics! Thats my dream place to stay. I'm hoping I can for my 21st. Let me rephrase that...I NEED TO STAY THERE OR THE WORLD AS I KNOW IT WILL END. (Oh wait...am I not supposed to be dramatic like that since I'm technically no longer a teenager? But then again...if you're 27, I'm 17!!)

Can't wait for more!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 06-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
I'M HERE!! Can't wait for more!
My first TR reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForTulips View Post
subbing! great start!
Thanks! and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
I'm here I'm here!!!! Can't wait for more
Glad to have you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hi B! I'm here and ready to follow along. It was great meeting you at EPCOT on the 28th!
Hey! I'm glad you're here! It was really fun to meet you & some other DISers, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
You know I'm here!!

And I may not be like a math major or anything, but my calculations say that you are 27, maybe 28??

I'm dying for your BLT pics! Thats my dream place to stay. I'm hoping I can for my 21st. Let me rephrase that...I NEED TO STAY THERE OR THE WORLD AS I KNOW IT WILL END. (Oh wait...am I not supposed to be dramatic like that since I'm technically no longer a teenager? But then again...if you're 27, I'm 17!!)

Can't wait for more!!
Hi Kimmy! Glad you're here! I'll try not to make you wait too long for all the amazing BLT pictures I have....you like suspense, though, right?

And since you're 17 - go right ahead with the drama!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
saraheeyore
DIS Veteran

sounds like its gonna be a fun trip. i love the idea of driving to disney. I live in the UK so we can't really try it

pre trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post40743805
Old 06-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here! Love your reusable bag, BTW.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Hey ! I found you! I look forward to hearing more about your trip. I'm on board!

Old 06-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great start! Was fun to meet you guys. Can't wait to read about the rest!!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

yay!! I was first! LOL!

Anyway, so sorry about the frappuccino! Isn't that bummer when you want something you can't have it?! LOL!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Love the pics from your travel day! It's so interesting seeing different things since all I've ever seen is I-95! Haha, I like that "flying gravel" sign. I wanted to take a pic of all the signs that said "speed enforced by aircraft" because that put a funny picture in our heads, but I was never ready for it.

Aww, the Starbucks thing stinks. But of course, it did say "best taste by," haha. I always check to make sure it says "best used by" or "sold by" because there's a difference!

WOW, a baby with a full-grown mustache, thick eyebrows, AND glasses? Looks like he's going to make many friends in elementary school. Hehe.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninjaís Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
jlhill4444
Mouseketeer

I am here! Can't wait to read the rest!

My family:

Me , DH , DS10 , DD9 and DD3
Old 06-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #15
chipper10
Disney Obsessed

Great start! I can't wait to hear more.
DH and I bought into the Animal Kingdom Villas the day before they announced what BLT was going to be. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it. We hope to be able to stay there soon.

Next Trip -- May 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: