Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

Explain a Gift Receipt

Can someone explain a Gift Receipt to me? Can you get cash back from one or do you just get a store gift card? The gift/receipt is from Pottery Barn.
Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

I don't know what Pottery Barn's policy is, but most stores won't just give you cash back these days. Generally, it's a gift card. You might want to check their website. What it does actually give you is, you can get credited for the exact amount that was paid for it. And if the purchaser brings it back with the receipt, usually the computer can just credit the credit card it was purchased with (at least in Target).

It used to be that stores would take anything back this week--not sure if that's still true.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Evans Family
Disney Crazy

I have the gift givers receipt but they paid with CC. I really want the cash back but don't think it is possible. If I give them the original CC receipt they will want to credit back the CC which won't help me. I'll at least ask. All they can say is no!
Evans Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

It is my understanding that you receive a store credit with a gift receipt. I don't think you can get cash back.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
momxx5
DIS Veteran

The reason for a gift reciept is to enable an easy "exchange" shoult the gift not be the right size or color. If for some reason the gift is not suitable or liked at all then the reciept is used to give the amount purchased credited to the reciever.....i.e. if a blue shirt is marked down after Christmas you'd get the credit for the amount paid not the current price.

Sorry but no cash back....at most a gift card that can be regifted.
momxx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #6
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans Family View Post
I have the gift givers receipt but they paid with CC. I really want the cash back but don't think it is possible. If I give them the original CC receipt they will want to credit back the CC which won't help me. I'll at least ask. All they can say is no!
In this case, at least where I have worked in the past, the person would be given a gift card for the amount paid. We would NEVER give cash back on a CC purchase, doesn't matter if it is a gift receipt or the original.

From the Pottery Barn Web site (emphasis mine):

Quote:
All returns without an original receipt or with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a merchandise credit card. For returns without an original receipt, the refund or exchange will be issued at the current selling price. Items returned with a gift receipt will be refunded or exchanged at the original purchase price. Photo Identification is required for all returns without the original receipt.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: