Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #106
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post

It always catches my attention when I am tagged in someone's photos that I have never met in person too!

I would guess that about 50% of my facebook friends I have never met in person but I know they are so wonderful and I am blessed to have them as friends! The % would probably be higher but I have been so lucky to meet several from these boards and some more then once!! Such great friends here!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 01-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #107
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Act 1: Scene 7 - Adorable Christmas Pixies Meet Mrs. & Mr. Claus

It was nearing 6:00 by now and despite eating a late lunch, almost time for dinner. I quickly pureed a hot dog with ketchup for Bella and DH fed her at the kitchen table in our villa. The rest of us got dressed, and I brushed the frizzly ponytails out of Kennedy and AJ’s hair.

After a relatively good meal, Bella and Ben also quickly dressed and I fixed Bella’s hair as well. In record time we were all ready to go!

Warning: Mom Brag Moment –
Are these not the 3 cutest little Christmas pixies you have EVER seen? They looked so amazingly adorable all dressed up for the GKTW Christmas Party that I could just eat them up! I can’t take all the credit though. While I did make the girls themselves, the delightful duds were a group effort and only possible because of the BIG GIVE!

The Christmas Mickey Twirl Skirts were the creation of Jeanne from Utah. DISid JHam. Jeanne – these are so so so cute! AJ wore the headband made for her by Crystal. Crystal's DISid is A Crystal Garden. And the J-O-Y shirts were in one of the 3 packages that were awaiting our arrival that afternoon! Talk about perfect timing!

Also, that is about the only picture I have left of the inside of our villa. See the incredible Christmas tree? I love it! And to the far right, on the entertainment center, there is a little Christmas Village. So cute! Moving on . . .

Our first dining experience in the Gingerbread House was wonderful. I make no excuses here, I didn't take photos of the Gingerbread house on our first trip so I am inserting a couple of stock photos here.

We were welcomed by two young gentlemen who held the doors wide open for our grand entrance. Again we went through the initial awkwardness of using our meal card here for the first time - where do we go, what do we do? However, upon entering, we saw Mrs. Santa Claus at a podium directly in front of a line of people with trays. Instinct told me to head that a way.

Mrs Claus greeted us and gave each of the children a card with her picture on it. She took our meal card, swiped it, and directed us to a line. We made our food selections and as we reached the end of the line, an army of volunteers in waiting insisted on carrying our trays to a nearby open table.

In traditional Christmas dinner style, the food selection this evening included turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and bread. It was wonderful.

As we ate, Bella dozed off on DH’s lap. I think this was her 3rd or 4th nap of the day! Check out the cute table - filled with peppermint candies!

We finished eating, and had just begun to gather our dishes back onto trays when I was starteled by someone telling me to “stop” I turned around to see a GKTW Angel. Another crabby elder angel? Nope, this Angel was insisting we leave our dishes where they were so HE could clean them up. “Your job is to enjoy yourself while you are here.” He went on “MY job is to make sure you do.” Awwwwww . . . . (teary eyes)

Kennedy was super excited when she realized she wasn't required to clear her plate from the table all week!

So although I felt a little guilty letting someone else clean up, I did as I was told. As we left the Gingerbread House, the girls immediately spotted the Carousel and wanted to ride. So we took the first of MANY rides on the Enchanted Carousel.

Grandma even rode on the carousel. She'll kill me if she found out I posted this one!

By this time, it was 6:45 and I knew the line for Santa was already growing. So we hearded the children down the Avenue of Angels and to Julie’s Safari Theater so we could see Jolly Old St. Nick before I needed to go to orientation. Yes, the mandatory orientation that falls right smack, dab in the middle of GKTW CHRISTMAS!

We waited in line for nearly 30 minutes to see Santa. Fortunately, there were plenty of Santa’s elves to entertain the girls while we waited.

The girls were so excited they could hardly contain themselves.

But finally, it was our turn to meet the Big Guy!

Santa was awesome! He asked the girls if they were having a good time and discussed all the fun activities they would be able to enjoy this evening at GKTW Christmas. Santa asked the girls what they wanted for Christmas. After they rattled off their lengthy lists, he asked them if they were good (of course, they all said YES before I could put my two cents in) and then told them they could each choose their own Christmas present this evening! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Excited shrieks of joy exploded from the girls! The girls thanked Santa, gave him hugs, and promised to be good until Christmas. Wait - what about after Christmas?!?!

We posed for a couple of pictures before the girls went to choose their gifts!

With just 10 minutes before my orientation, I was eager to see what the girls would pick. They eagerly waited for their turn in the gift area.

I was secretly hoping for something small (limited luggage space) and quiet (I do appreciate what little sanity I have left), but for once, I offered the girls no advice on their choices. Kennedy chose immediately. She’s a big fan of My Little Ponies and this one with the sparkly blue cape was calling her name:
AJ knew immediately that she would choose a Fur Real friend pet, but it was a matter of which one. Would it be the puppy, the monkey, maybe the bunny? Hmmmmmm . . . decisions, decisions! She eventually decided on the kitten. Upon making her selection, a GKTW Angel handed DH a set of batteries so the MEOWing would last the duration of our trip. Oh Joy!

Bella had a difficult time deciding. She really wanted a mini My Little Pony set but the Travel Light Bright, with it’s millions of little pieces, was also calling her name. I checked my cell phone. . . 5 minutes until orientation . . . .which is it going to be. She did “eeny meeny miney mo,” and the Pony won out.
I snapped a quick photo of Bella and her choice, handed the camera over to Grandma with instructions to take LOTS of pictures, and jetted off to my orientation.

UP NEXT: Act 1: Scene 8 - The Part of Christmas that I Missed

Last edited by StefaniLyn; 01-07-2010 at 09:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #108
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

I love the girls pixie outfits - oh to be that talented!!
Love the update and good choices for pressies there pixies x xx

Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #109
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Love your report (:
Subbing

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #110
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

The outfits were so cute, StefaniLyn! The girls looked like they had so much fun at the Christmas party so far, I can't wait to see what happens next..you're doing a really great job describing everything, I almost feel like we're there with you.

I almost forgot..my mom (Gram) is going to flip out when she sees the rooster on the carousel...she loooooves roosters!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #111
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
The girls look adorable! It sounds like the party has been really fun so far!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #112
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I would guess that about 50% of my facebook friends I have never met in person but I know they are so wonderful and I am blessed to have them as friends! The % would probably be higher but I have been so lucky to meet several from these boards and some more then once!! Such great friends here!
I know exactly what you mean. I've never met some of my best friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
I love the girls pixie outfits - oh to be that talented!!
Love the update and good choices for pressies there pixies x xx
I feel terrible that my daughters's being so well dressed is also going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity! My poor kids, mommy makes them wear off the rack because she doesn't have the talent to make customs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Love your report (:
Subbing
and thanks for joining in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
The outfits were so cute, StefaniLyn! The girls looked like they had so much fun at the Christmas party so far, I can't wait to see what happens next..you're doing a really great job describing everything, I almost feel like we're there with you.

I almost forgot..my mom (Gram) is going to flip out when she sees the rooster on the carousel...she loooooves roosters!
They did have a blast at the party. I wish I could have enjoyed more of it too! That was the first time I have ever seen a rooster, and a double seater rooster at that, on a carousel. AJ and Bella picked that one because it was a double. They were also big fans of the unicorn (Kennedy is on that one) and the mermaid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
The girls look adorable! It sounds like the party has been really fun so far!
Thank you! It was the perfect way to spend the first evening of our Wish Trip!

Last edited by StefaniLyn; 01-04-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #113
maroo
DIS Veteran

Aside from my disappointment that you had to do orientation during the Christmas party - I am thrilled with the wonderful evening you guys have had already!!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #114
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Act 1: Scene 8 - The Part of Christmas that I Missed

While I headed off to enjoy orientation, (honestly, I did enjoy it, but I would have enjoyed it much MORE if it wasn’t in the middle of Christmas.) DH, Grandma, and my Christmas Pixies enjoyed Christmas at GKTW. They made Christmas cookies first.

Bella can’t eat cookies because of her Celiac Disease, so she made this cookie for Daddy.

I wonder if there is actually a cookie somewhere under all the frosting, sprinkles, and jimmies?

Then the girls wanted a Sno-Cones.

After selecting Sno-Cone flavors, we ran into Matty’s Gingerbread Man. I seriously think they should either rename the one they have after Matty or make another G-Man and name it in honor of Matty. Who’s with me? Is it just me, or does this G-Man seem to have an angry brow? The girls loved him either way!

They found this adorable penguin to play with! Anyone know his name?

Behind the Gingerbread house (where I was just starting my orientation) we met these festive folks, but they didn’t have much to say!

It was time for the parade to begin!

The Ice Cream Truck:

I think these were the courteous gentlemen who greeted us at the Gingerbread house earlier that day.

Miss Merry (Mayor Clayton’s girlfriend? Wife? Not sure which)

And Mayor Clayton, the mayor of Give Kids the World Village

My Pony Loving little girls were giddy at the sight of Twinkle Hope, a real life My Little Pony!

After the parade the girls sought out Twinkle Hope so they could meet her in person! I’m so jealous!

And to cap off the evening, a special horse drawn carriage ride.

At some point during the evening, my family made their way into the Ice Cream Palace where they were lucky enough to meet up with Sunny and her family. It would be the first of many times on this trip when my DH would meet fellow DISers . . . . without me!!! Apparently Sunny and Bella had selected the same toy from Santa and chatted about it for a while.

Christmas at GKTW was magical. I just wish I’d been able to enjoy more of it. By the time my orientation was finished, Christmas was also. DH, Grandma, and the girls met me at the House of Hearts and we walked back to the villa.

It was then that Bella showed me another little surprise. After I snapped the photo of her with her chosen toy from Santa, and then left for orientation, an Angel spoke with Bella about the difficulty of her decision and praised the logical way (eenie meenie miney mo) Bella had gone about choosing between the two. Then the Angel told Bella she could have BOTH toys! Now Bella had a Travel Lite Bright, new My Little Ponies, and a huge smile on her face to go with them!

We all put on our pajamas and within a matter of minutes, we were all sleeping like babies.

Act 2: Scene 1 - Doo You Know Who We Met Today?

Last edited by StefaniLyn; 01-07-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #115
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! What great updates!! We used to have a Boston Market here but it closed several years ago. It was sooooo good! Oh my goodness--the girls outfits are ADORABLE!!!! I just love customs and these are TDF!!! The bows, earrings, shirts, skirts--soooo cute! It looks like the girls really enjoyed the Christmas party--their faces say it all--they are just beaming!!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #116
thatkid
Mouseketeer

i definetly saw your husband around GKTW once or twice!
I don't think you posted pics of you on the pre trip so i didn't know who to look for lol.
Their outfits are soo cute, and I'm jealous of their curls

Looks like they had lots of fun at the xmas party

my MAKE-A-WISH Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34622202
Old 01-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #117
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

What a bummer that you had to miss parts of the CMas party. The girls sure had fun regardless.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM   #118
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

The girls were soooo cute at the parade and making cookies! Loved the My Little Pony pics too! Piper will be very excited to meet the penguin..she loves them! I'm sorry you had to miss out on so much of the fun. Here's my guilty confession..when I spoke with our coordinator about dates..I told her I did not want to arrive or leave on a Thursday! LOL. I just got our flight schedule and we'll get there prob around 5 or so, so I'll be doing evening orientation as well from the looks of it. It's a Tues night though, which is Family Fun Night..that's okay with me, Gram can get the pie in the face! Can't wait for the next update!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #119
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Christmas sounds wonderful and the my little pony was so cool! How neat that they got a picture with her!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #120
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Wonderful updates! The girls are adorable in their Christmas dresses and what a truly magical experience at GKTW

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: