Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #61
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
Thank you Kristin. I think I will take you up on that offer. I miss my Christmas parade pictures already! I will send you a PM.

and if there is anything she's missing, let me know. I have lots of MVMCP pics, plus holiday decorations, Osbourn lights, trees at the other parks, AK safari, Kim Possible mission clues for Japan, China and Germany etc.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #62
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Hi,
I have pics of Gktw that if you havent already got you are more than welcome to have a copy !!
Louise x

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 PM   #63
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

I'm just so sorry to hear that...........literally, I am teary for you. What can I say? Nothing but reiterate all that everyone else is offering and a group hug from me and my family

Don't be embarrassed or apologetic about crying over this. Anyone with a heart understands and would be doing/feeling the exact same way.

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739
Old 12-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #64
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Ugggh!! I'm so sorry to hear that! And don't feel sorry for being upset--I'd be reacting the SAME way!!! (((HUGS)))
Old 12-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #65
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

You know I hadn't thought about it, but if you need pics of the wish lounges or anything at GKTW you don't receive, let me know. We could also prob get a piccie of Bella's star while we're there. Just let me know once you get Kristin's cd and anything else already sent!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #66
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Amanda beat me to it. I was just thinking, at least you have friends who are about to go and could snap a shot of anything you want to remember. Let us know if we can help.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #67
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
and if there is anything she's missing, let me know. I have lots of MVMCP pics, plus holiday decorations, Osbourn lights, trees at the other parks, AK safari, Kim Possible mission clues for Japan, China and Germany etc.
Which KP mission did you do in China? I was just looking through what is left of my pictures and realized that I have several of the girls with the Kimmunicator, but only one of the objects we found. We did the Jade Statue Mission. Any chance you have photos of the clues for that one? (painted soldier, Lion Statue's paw, Cricket in a cage)? I would LOVE to have photos of those! And also the Osbourn lights. I think I have 4 photos out of probably 50. And, and . . . Oh wow, I'd better just send you a PM. Thank you SO MUCH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Hi,
I have pics of Gktw that if you havent already got you are more than welcome to have a copy !!
Louise x
Thank you Louise. I do have the stock photos that are on the GKTW cd, but if there are any more, I will send you a PM. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
I'm just so sorry to hear that...........literally, I am teary for you. What can I say? Nothing but reiterate all that everyone else is offering and a group hug from me and my family

Don't be embarrassed or apologetic about crying over this. Anyone with a heart understands and would be doing/feeling the exact same way.

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739
I appreciate the hug Pamela! I'm not over it yet (it will probably take years for that) but I am trying to move past it because there just doesn't seem like anything else can be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Ugggh!! I'm so sorry to hear that! And don't feel sorry for being upset--I'd be reacting the SAME way!!! (((HUGS)))
Thanks for the hugs. I just hate being such a Debbie Downer after the wonderful, magical trip we just experienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
You know I hadn't thought about it, but if you need pics of the wish lounges or anything at GKTW you don't receive, let me know. We could also prob get a piccie of Bella's star while we're there. Just let me know once you get Kristin's cd and anything else already sent!
Oh great ideas! I will take you up on that offer! and Thank You! I would love to have a picture of Bella's Star on the cieling. I will give you the coordinates before you go if that's still okay with you! And I would love a shot of the Wish Room in MK. Bella pretended to ride on Aladdin's Magic Carpet while we were in there. It ws so cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Amanda beat me to it. I was just thinking, at least you have friends who are about to go and could snap a shot of anything you want to remember. Let us know if we can help.
That Amanda, she's quick isnt' she? I am so grateful to have wonderful friends and fellow Wish Trippers who can help me fill in some of the gaps of lost photos.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:36 AM   #68
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I have many of the KP clues for China that you are looking for. I also have tons of the Osbourne Lights. Did I mention that I took close to 1,500 photos? I have a few pictures of the England KP mission, but Aaron did most of that with Bre without me and the kids. Are there any characters that you need pictures of? I can see if my kids can be cropped out of some of mine so at least you have a picture of the character you met. You are welcome to use any pictures in your trip report. I will try to get to the post office today.

You are holding together so much better than I would be. Hang in there! You have lots of support her on Dis!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #69
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

This is like reading some sort of gothic novel, full of dark suspense. I wish I had just read about a happy ending, but not yet. I still have hope!

Can you get other Wish Trippers to send you some photos of the places that you visited that you could have, even if YOUR family isn't in them??

Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 PM   #70
thatkid
Mouseketeer

There's a thread here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1537784
thats a bunch of generic photos of disney world. I've been using it for the ones i forgot to take, it might help some!

my MAKE-A-WISH Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34622202
Old 12-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #71
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Act 1: Scene 4 - It's No Castle, but it sure does feel like HOME!

Let's see, where was I? Oh yes, we had just arrived at Give Kids the World Village:
We pulled up to the House of Hearts

and practically tripped over eachother as we eagerly piled out of the Routan. Upon entering, GKTW staff immediately knew who we were! I felt like a celebrity as they scurried out from behind the desk and greeted us with “You must be the Griggs Family! Is this Isabella?” pointing to Bella. And with a nod of confirmation, then handed her a plush Mickey Mouse!
“And we have these for your sisters. . . “ the spoiling continued as AJ and Kennedy were each given a plush Shamu.

As the girls were quickly occupied with their new plush friends, non-coin operated rides, and exploring the House of Hearts, DH and I sat down at a table with a GKTW Angel (volunteers at GKTW are called Angels) and an Angel in training to began the check in process. It was difficult to focus on the paperwork without being distracted by the magic that surrounded us. I had to take this picture of Shrek hanging out in the Castle of Miracles

As soon as the girls were out of earshot, I quickly, quietly asked about a Castle Villa. For those who are unfamiliar with GKTW or have not read my PTR, Bella’s Wish was to go to Disneyworld and be a Princess. GKTW has several new villas that resemble a castle on the outside. They look like this, but finished:
Upon discovering these on the GKTW Facebook page, I knew that I had to at least ask if we could stay in one because Princess Bella needed a castle, especially since I had failed to secure reservations for a meal in the castle at Cinderella’s Royal Table. I had made phone calls on two separate occasions to GKTW inquiring as to the availability of a castle villa and both times, I was told to simply ask for one upon check in. So that is what I did.

Initially, the older lady started telling me that anybody can ask to walk inside the castle at Magic Kingdom but they don’t allow people to stay there, ever, as it does not have rooms in it, it's just a restaurant.

What? No, no, no. I am not asking to stay in Cinderella’s Castle, I explain. I didn’t even try to enlighten her to the Year of A Million Dreams promotion that allowed people to stay, overnight, in the castle last year. Really, why bother?

So I restate my first request. “Oh,” she exclaims “Yes here at GKTW there is a Castle of Miracles, but it doesn’t have rooms in it either.” DOH! Seriously?

One more time, I explain that I saw a picture on the internet of a castle VILLA here at GKTW, and could we possibly stay in one of those? Still not comprehending what I am asking for, the lady (who, by now, almost seemed irritated and I was feeling kinda bad about asking for a special favor), starts telling me how all of the villas are the same. None of them are any bigger than others and blah, blah, blah. I was getting nowhere with this lady!

It was then that the volunteer in training (who seemed to know more about GKTW than the experienced volunteer) spoke up and said “I think she is referring to the new villas in the Fairy Tale Forest expansion.” A light bulb lit up in the elder Angel’s head as she finally got it, I thought. She instructed the newbie Angel to check and see what villa we were in.

As the newbie checked on our villa, the elder Angel discussed orientation with us and gave me my only option – right smack dab in the middle of GKTW Christmas party. Quickly, the newbie returned and informed us that we were in villa #118 – not in the the Fairy Tale Forest. My heart sank a little. But I had to give it one last shot, so I asked “is there any way we can just switch to a castle?”

Now the elder Angel really seemed irritated, and I really felt bad. I didn’t think I was asking too much, especially given Bella’s Wish to be a princess. The elder Angel got up from the table and went over to the desk to check for us anyway. She returned and informed us matter of factly that because we already had medical equipment delivered to the villa, we could not change.

What medical equipment?!? We didn’t request any medical equipment! It was then that I remembered we were expecting several packages to be delivered before our arrival. I had placed an order at Disneyshopping.com and we had been informed that a couple of BigGive packages should be awaiting our arrival as well. I guessed, correctly, that those were the deliveries already awaiting us in villa #118.

I gave up. At this point, blood sugars were low due to lack of nutrition and the girls were beginning to argue over the ride-ons. It was nearly 2 in the afternoon now, and we were hungry, and Bella desperately needed to eat another meal. So I accepted defeat and was given our key cards.

In retrospect, I wish I had tried harder. I wish I had just asked if we could pick up our packages and move them to a castle villa. Maybe it would have happened under different circumstances – such as a different, more knowledgeable (and flexible) greeter! But alas, we had already wasted enough time today and I wanted to officially get this vacation started.

The GKTW Angels invited the girls to join them on a golf cart ride to our villa as we followed behind in the minivan.

It was in the older section of the village and the villa itself was, on the exterior, plain, ordinary, and commonplace - it certainly wasn't the castle I'd hoped for. As we pulled up to #118, I couldn’t help but be a little disappointed. I know, it sounds terrible and unappreciative, and I’m ashamed to admit it, but I had set my heart on a castle for Princess Bella.

Upon request of the GKTW elder Angel, we posed for a picture in front of the sign for our villa. We then thanked them, waved good bye, and headed inside.
Once we entered our villa, I truly could have cared care less what it looked like on the outside. When we walked in the door of little villa #118, it just felt like home.

The interior was beautifully decorated from floor to ceiling with Christmas lights and décor. We even had our own brilliantly decorated and lit Christmas tree AND stockings!

We set our bags down and stared in amazement at the gifts and packages that were screaming to be opened! There was an enormous bag of gifts and snacks from GKTW on our kitchen table. The girls dug in right away as DH, Grandma, and I dragged our suitcases inside the villa. There were games, toys, stuffed animals, and so much more! It was like Christmas had come early in our new home away from home!

With our tummies rumbling louder than ever, we didn’t even consider unpacking. We grabbed Bella’s food and medication and one of the new games for her to play while eating and headed straight for Katie’s Kitchen to feed the rest of our hungry mouths!

Act 1: Scene 5 - Lunch Launches A Lengthy Bella History Lesson - (skippable)

Last edited by StefaniLyn; 01-07-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #72
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

GREAT update!! Sorry you weren't able to get a Castle Villa but it sounds like your villa was very homey!!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #73
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Great great start!!! I'm hooked

I did have to laugh at your description of what happened when you requested the villa at the front desk. That was pretty much the reaction (and attitude) I got when I asked the same thing at check in........a wee bit disappointing I might add and perhaps worth a nice note to whoever the big cheese is over there. Oh, it was also from an 'elder' angel (there, unfortunately, were a few other instances when I witnessed some cranky "elder" angel attitude). When I called back later I talked to a young guy who was actually very apologetic and 'helped' me find the person who could make it happen (who apologized profusely as well).

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthead.php?t=2325607

Old 12-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #74
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah..........and just why IS the orientation scheduled SMACK DAB in the middle of the Christmas Party!!!!!!????????? Another very nice note perhaps????????

oh, and don't get me wrong...........I loooooooved the place and am planning to go back to play and even volunteer myself. There are soooooo many volunteers coming and going that you are bound to meet up with a speed bump now and again. I'm sure they would welcome the feedback though.

Pamela

Old 12-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #75
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Woohoo for an update. I'm sorry you couldn't get one of the new villas, but glad your villa felt like "home" once you got in! So cool that it was all decorated for Christmas down to the stockings!

I don't know how "quick" I am since it took a while for the lightbulb moment, but I will be more than happy to take the pics you need! Maybe I could abduct a brunette about Bella's size with pincurls to sit on the Aladdin's carpet..I'll just take the pics from the back! Okay, so that prob wouldn't work..would be funny though! We have a couple months before we go though, so if you want to check with someone going sooner I totally understand. Just let me know, hon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: