Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #136
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

We ended up with $30 in Kohls cash and were going to let Juliana spend it. We were looking for a list of Pony's to see what one's Juliana didn't have and saw Twinkle Hope on the Hasbro website. It even has a Give Kids the World logo on it. I never knew about this Pony... although I am a guy and what should I know about My Little Ponies? LOL
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #137
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Im all caught up now and just wanted to say I have loved your updates.
My little princess has coeliac disease also so I can relate to Bella having to make cookies for daddy - lucky man !!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #138
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We ended up with $30 in Kohls cash and were going to let Juliana spend it. We were looking for a list of Pony's to see what one's Juliana didn't have and saw Twinkle Hope on the Hasbro website. It even has a Give Kids the World logo on it. I never knew about this Pony... although I am a guy and what should I know about My Little Ponies? LOL
Here is a link to the actual pony for sale, but it doesn't have a link to be able to buy it from them. Weird.
http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/e...857&src=endeca

and for the press release about GKTW
http://www.hasbro.com/corporate/medi...LD-VILLAGE.cfm

and one more from GKTW
http://www.gktw.org/corporateHeroes.asp?a=4&page=hasbro
Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 AM   #139
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I am caught up! I do love the photos you have. The shared ones are in the mail. I hope that they get there soon. I had a minor problem trying to copy some of them, but they are all on disks and on the way! I hope they fill in some of the gaps!
Thank you so much for the CD. I will keep an eye out for it in the mail. Glad you are all caught up now. I got sidetracked the other day and never made it around to posting an update but I told DH I won't be helping him take down the Christmas tree until I post one today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
Those outfits the girls wore on the night of the Xmas party were just adorable!!! Just love it when little girls look like.......well, little girls! They are beautiful

Twinkle Hope didn't make an appearance the night of our Xmas party unfortunately. Liv would've liked her. I did notice a number of things that were different about the parade/party (by looking at your pictures). Maybe it depends on the volunteers that are on hand.

So you think Murphy's name should be changed to Matty??? How 'bout they just give him a son! Entertainment Mary told me they actually will be introducing a girlfriend for Murphy soon soooooooooo........could just be a matter of time

Pamela

Matty's Wish Trip PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Matty's Wish Trip TR "Mom, Dad, 3 Kids, and a Gingerbread Boy" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356739
One of my favorite songs is "Let them be little." because kids truly grow up too fast. It seems so many clothing manufacturers try and make little kids, especially girls, look like mini adults. I was thrilled to see the outfits we recieved in the big give were not only amazing and adorable, but also conservative and CUTE.

I'm sorry Liv missed Twinkle Hope. I think she was the hilight of the parade for us. But of course, your parade had an entirely different hilight for obvious reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofwishkid View Post
I dont know how I keep getting so far behind on your TR. I just love it. Im sorry you werent able to get a castle villa though, and you had to miss half of Christmas. That was so sweet Bella was able to get both the toys she wanted. An amazing first day. Cant wait for day 2!
The light bright came in very handy throughout the week and I am soooooo glad they allowed her to have both toys. We used the light bright for Bella's meals. One bite for one peg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Their outfits are seriously so cute and festive. Also, the gingerbread man totally looks sinister!
I'm just happy that Murphy (G-man) was able to adjust his attitude before Matty met him the following week. They must have more than one costume because the pictures from the following week do not have the angry brow. My girls didn't even notice and to be honest, neither did I until someone saw my facebook photos and said he looked angry.
Quote:
Tim, you have a daughter. In the next 18 years you will learn more about American Girl Dolls, My Little Ponies, Barbies, and Polly Pockets than you ever thought possible. I saw the Hasbro site. I wish they would just sell them on there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Im all caught up now and just wanted to say I have loved your updates.
My little princess has coeliac disease also so I can relate to Bella having to make cookies for daddy - lucky man !!!
I hope your princess is doing well with her celiac disease. Bella doesn't eat much and we prep all of her food, so I can't imagine how difficult it is when a child is able to eat everything. It breaks my heart when Bella asks if she can taste something and I have to tell her no because it either has gluten in it or I don't know it's ingredients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Here is a link to the actual pony for sale, but it doesn't have a link to be able to buy it from them. Weird.
http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/e...857&src=endeca

and for the press release about GKTW
http://www.hasbro.com/corporate/medi...LD-VILLAGE.cfm

and one more from GKTW
http://www.gktw.org/corporateHeroes.asp?a=4&page=hasbro
Thanks for the articles and info Tim. From reading, it appears that they were only available for sale at Wal-Mart during Christmas 2008. They also gave them to Wish Kids last year. I will keep my eyes peeled on ebay and hope one appears within my price range!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #140
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Act 2: Scene 1 - Doo You Know Who We Met Today?

Why is it that no matter what time we get up in the morning, we are always rushing to get out the door to make it somewhere one time? This morning was no different. We were all excited for our first day at a theme park, but before we could leave, we needed to get showered and dressed, eat breakfast, and meet some special friends at the GKTW Castle of Miracles.

Looking out our villa window, we saw ominous Rain clouds as far as the eye could see. It was already sprinkling and showed no signs of improving anytime soon. A quick switch to The Weather Channel confirmed our assumptions. Rain all day today. Scattered thunderstorms. Highs in the 60s. Did nobody inform the man upstairs that this was Bella’s Wish Trip?

Prior to reading the forecast for today, I worried that the outfits I had chosen for the girls today would be too warm. This clearly would not be a problem. The sweatshirts I bought on black Friday for $3 each, combined with skorts from TCP Outlet at 2.75 each and the FREE GKTW/Panama Jack t-shirts would be perfect. And I was pretty proud of dressing all 3 girls for less than $20!

We double checked the backpack for ponchos, ditched the sunscreen, and made it out the door by 8:30am, just a half hour later than I was hoping for. I snapped a quick picture of the girls in their official Universal Studios outfits.
Ok, maybe I took 2.

I can't decide which one to use in my scrapbook - in the first, everyone is looking at the camera, but Bella and Kennedy have
'real' smiles in the 2nd one.

We jumped in the van and drove over to the Castle of Miracles. This photo was NOT taken by me on this day. Thanks GKTW for the stock photo!
GKTW’s schedule of events advertised Universal Characters at the Castle of Miracles this morning until 9:15 but didn’t specify who it was. We quickly scurried from the van to the Castle, pausing only to wait for the castle door to magically open on command (and after daddy pressed the handicap button on the sly). Doo you know who would be waiting for us behind the magic door?

We rounded the corner and our eyes bugged out as we saw some all-time favorites – Scooby Doo and Shaggy! DH is a dedicated Scooby fan since childhood and always enjoys an excuse to educate the girls in his ways with his collection of Scooby Doo videos.

We waited just a few moments for one other family to finish their photos before the girls were able to meet Scooby and Shaggy. This was their first character meet for this trip so they were a bit reserved. AJ offered Shaggy a HANDSHAKE? um, ok?

Within seconds, their apprehension melted away and the girls warmed up to Scooby and Shaggy.

Shaggy, in his totally 70’s hippie voice, was awesome, Dude! He was, like, totally loving the girls Spongebob sweatshirts. He even asked Grandma to make him one for Christmas.

Bella loved Scooby Doo. Why are kids so drawn to the noses of these life-sized characters? I swear every time we meet a dog, she has to touch his nose!

The GKTW photographer and I were both snapping away with our cameras. For future wish trippers, please take note that during character meets and other events, a GKTW photographer will take photos and they will be included on the CD you receive at the end of your trip.

AJ wanted Grandma to join in the photo . . . . . no such luck!

Of course, we had to get a picture of DH and his idol, Scooby Doo. I think meeting Scooby was one of the hilights of the trip for Ben. But I swear, if I find a slobbery copy of this under his pillow he’ll be in the doghouse.

The girls were each given a balloon as we said our good-byes to Scooby and Shaggy. We decided to try a quick service breakfast this morning and headed over to the Ice Cream Palace.

I’m not sure if the pony and piano are intended to be played with, but the girls busied themselves with those while the Angels prepared our quick serve breakfast.

We ordered eggs, bagels, coffee and hot cocoa!

I enjoyed my bagel and the hot cocoa was …….mmmmmmmmmmmmmm scrumptious! It *almost* rivals MVMCP cocoa. Almost.
I grabbed my food to go and headed over to the House of Hearts.

As everyone else ate breakfast, I was busy checking out a video camera. We don’t own one, and I was thrilled when I heard GKTW offers them for families to use during their trips. The wonderful Angel in the media center gave me a quick lesson in camera use and care. He also included 4 mini discs and an extra battery.

By the time I finished, DH was waiting with the van outside the House of Hearts. I jumped in, buckled up, and programmed our GPS to take us to Universal Studios!

Act 2: Scene 2 - The US/IOA Adventure begins!

Last edited by StefaniLyn; 01-07-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #141
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Aww....Scooby!!! and Shaggy too! What fun - you can see pure joy on your hubby's face that he was having a blast (and the girls too ) The Spongebob outfits are out of this world cute!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #142
pipersmom
DIS Veteran

Very cute Spongebob outfits! The pics with Scooby and Shaggy are awesome, the one with your dh is so funny, cause he looks like he's trying to play it cool, but his grin totally tells the story! You'll get a kick out of this, Piper is doing her vest about 3 ft away from me right now, I'm scrolling down to see the pics, and she says.."What's that drink?" I was all.."what drink, honey?" Scroll up, scroll up she says..."Is that hot chocolate..with whipped cream???" Her fave drink in the world. I was cracking up that she caught that!!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #143
that's nice
DDC #330

I love Scooby!!! The pics of the gals with Shaggy & Scooby are great!!!!

Your DH looded like he was in doggy heaven standing next to Scooby!!!!

I can't wait to see how you like universal studios.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #144
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

I have been following along and wanted to chime in! I love these pictures! In my opinion I would go with the 2nd one from the Villa, it is too cute! And the one with Bella and Scooby made me want to cry! It is so cute! Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #145
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Great deals mom! I like the second shot the best, because the smiles are adorable and you can still see Bella's face, even though she's looking up (at Kennedy?). Very cute.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #146
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Aww....Scooby!!! and Shaggy too! What fun - you can see pure joy on your hubby's face that he was having a blast (and the girls too ) The Spongebob outfits are out of this world cute!
DH was like a kid on Christmas! He confessed later that he was glad it wasn't Dora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
Very cute Spongebob outfits! The pics with Scooby and Shaggy are awesome, the one with your dh is so funny, cause he looks like he's trying to play it cool, but his grin totally tells the story! You'll get a kick out of this, Piper is doing her vest about 3 ft away from me right now, I'm scrolling down to see the pics, and she says.."What's that drink?" I was all.."what drink, honey?" Scroll up, scroll up she says..."Is that hot chocolate..with whipped cream???" Her fave drink in the world. I was cracking up that she caught that!!
Seriously, it is AWESOME hot cocoa. I don't drink coffee, so whenever I need a warm drink, it's cocoa and I have tried cocoa from MANY places, but GKTW Ice Cream Palace cocoa ranks near the top of my list. It is second only to MVMCP cocoa. Tell Piper that when she is at GKTW, she should get all of her cocoa from the Ice Cream Palace - morning, noon, or night. They have cocoa at stands during Christmas and Mayor Clayton's B-Day too, but it's not very good. Get it from the ICP instead.
Quote:
I love Scooby!!! The pics of the gals with Shaggy & Scooby are great!!!!

Your DH looded like he was in doggy heaven standing next to Scooby!!!!

I can't wait to see how you like universal studios.
DH really was in doggy heaven. Did I ever mention that our dog is named Scooby? Gee, who do you think named him?

I wasn't sure what to expect from US as I haven't been there since the early 90's. Let's just say I was surprised. I'm working on that update right now. Have you ever been to US Tim?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:53 PM   #147
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
DH really was in doggy heaven. Did I ever mention that our dog is named Scooby? Gee, who do you think named him?

I wasn't sure what to expect from US as I haven't been there since the early 90's. Let's just say I was surprised. I'm working on that update right now. Have you ever been to US Tim?
I guess your hubby named the dog? LOL

We (DW & I ) have been to US in California on our honeymoon. We haven't been to the Florida one though. We liked it but didn't love it. But I was cast and appeared on an episode of 'Street Smarts'. I don't know if you remember this show but I was one of the idiots they ask questions to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Smarts_(game_show)
Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #148
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I have been following along and wanted to chime in! I love these pictures! In my opinion I would go with the 2nd one from the Villa, it is too cute! And the one with Bella and Scooby made me want to cry! It is so cute! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for your opinion! I have such a hard time deciding.

The Scooby & Bella picture is one of my favorites too. Bella just looks so genuinely happy and carefree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Great deals mom! I like the second shot the best, because the smiles are adorable and you can still see Bella's face, even though she's looking up (at Kennedy?). Very cute.
Thanks for the help. I think it will definitely be the 2nd photo I use in my scrapbook. I have no idea what she was looking at!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #149
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

i love let them be little, i had to play it again as i was reading, now if only i could convince dh that it is a necessary addition to his iphone. lol. awesome job on spongebob coordination and at a good price too. very well played my friend
Old 01-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #150
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess your hubby named the dog? LOL

We (DW & I ) have been to US in California on our honeymoon. We haven't been to the Florida one though. We liked it but didn't love it. But I was cast and appeared on an episode of 'Street Smarts'. I don't know if you remember this show but I was one of the idiots they ask questions to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Smarts_(game_show)
Nope. Wrong! Sort of. Well, you're actually more right than wrong. Actually we told the girls it was completely up to them when naming the dog. So DH convinced, bribed, brainwashed, whatever you want to call it, but he got both of the girls (just AJ and Kennedy at the time) to vote for Scooby. It was a consipiracy and DH was the ringleader! I wanted to name him Chayse.

So you were on a game show, eh? Did you win anything? I had to check it out on Wikipedia but once I saw the logo I remembered seeing it several times in the past. You should change your screen id to StreetSavant Do you remember any of the questions they asked?

I have no idea if US/IOA is similar to the one in Hollywood. I just finished writing the first part of my TR for US and I am about to post it so I can tell you now that we LOVED it. It was much better than I anticipated!

Ok, now I'm going to post the next TR installment. Just need to think of a catchy title

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: