Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Short trip report from Dec 12 - Dec 19 trip

Merry Christmas everyone!

I posted a short summary of our trip in the Fort Wilderness Trip Report sticky at the top of this forum. I believe it starts on Post 68.

I enjoyed reading everyones trip reports so much: looking at the pictures and getting ideas of things to do, pack and cook!

I felt it was only fair to write up a little something for some other person to read later on.

Thanks to you all!

Kim

kaguilbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

I'm following along, great report.

Mama don't know nothing. Words to live by.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Kaguilbeau,

Great report. Sorry to hear about the "episode" on the trip home in your TR (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet). I had a similar episode on my Thanksgiving trip so I can sympathize.

I'll have to look into getting that NextExit book since you mentioned how helpful it was.

Bama ED

PS-Your DH taking pix with his cellphone? You may have created a monster
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
mamaloya
Blows hard and hot and boils us
I am easily entertained

Kim,

I see you are in Lafayette. I am just your side of NOLA. My son attends at ULL. I never noticed your location before. Next time, please stop by and pick me up on your way. LOL

We are gonna have to have a GG this summer in our area. Maybe our Texas friends can also make it as well as those from further east. Tickfaw State Park is very nice.

Just thought I would say hi before I head on over and check out your trip report.
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
DaveInTN
I'm Not The Castle Guy

Great trip report....thanks for sharing! That was some excitement at the end though. Those are the times that make RVing "interesting", to say the least!
DaveInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #6
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goofycampers View Post
Mama don't know nothing. Words to live by.
I keep thinking that they'll grow up and have kids of their own. Then they'll realize just how much Momma really did know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama_ed View Post
Kaguilbeau,

Great report. Sorry to hear about the "episode" on the trip home in your TR (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet). I had a similar episode on my Thanksgiving trip so I can sympathize.

I'll have to look into getting that NextExit book since you mentioned how helpful it was.

Bama ED

PS-Your DH taking pix with his cellphone? You may have created a monster
Usually the interstate signs are marked good enough that you can tell what is at each exit. This books tends to also note which stations are 'big rig friendly' by putting them in red text. It also helped us to plan a stop that we might want to make in - say - the next hour where we could also get something to eat when we filled up! I tried making notes in the margins as to if it were easy on/off, etc to refer to on a future trip!

Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
kaguilbeau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaloya View Post
Kim,

I see you are in Lafayette. I am just your side of NOLA. My son attends at ULL. I never noticed your location before. Next time, please stop by and pick me up on your way. LOL

We are gonna have to have a GG this summer in our area. Maybe our Texas friends can also make it as well as those from further east. Tickfaw State Park is very nice.

Just thought I would say hi before I head on over and check out your trip report.
I'd be glad to pick you up! In fact, if I could find another gal that didn't have to stay behind with kids - I'd love to go a girls trip

I've never been to Tickfaw but love Madisonville and Fountainbleu because of the proximity to the bike trails.

As for a GG - you plan it and they will come!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInTN View Post
Great trip report....thanks for sharing! That was some excitement at the end though. Those are the times that make RVing "interesting", to say the least!
Thanks Dave - your report was one of the ones I enjoyed reading. Heck, I liked reading reports so much that I often read reports of people staying at other resorts - not just the Fort!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
mamaloya
Blows hard and hot and boils us
I am easily entertained

Great report!!!

As for the GG, I will look into it as the summer gets a little closer and I know more of what is going on. I think I am going to the on in Lake Guntersville. It would be nice to have one closer to home for those that can't get that far.
mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: