Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #61
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Gosh this trippie should have a tissue alert im crying my eys out !!
Amazing story and the icing on the cake is Santa shouting Hi !!
Just fantastic - thanks so much for sharing !!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #62
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
so wonderful!

Those last pictures just warm the heart. What a wonderful wonderful gingerbread boy and wish. thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I definitely have tears in my eyes now! What a great story, and special experience for a special little boy. I can't believe Santa called him by name and then he got to meet all the Gingerbread men! So wonderful.
It was an awesome evening!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
thanks for sharing, it is so wonderful to see how thoughtful everyone was. i loved reading every minute of it, and the pics are phenomenal
Thank you! I enjoyed getting the pics of the parade and it was WONDERFUL to have a Disney Photographer at the meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Just clicked over from your link in Liesa's TR. What a sweet story, Maroo! You are just an angel to help put things together like this. Thanks for sharing this story with us!
I am so glad I put a link on there! Thanks so much for posting!!

I promise I am not the angel! There IS an angel on the DIS that keeps doing this...but I am not she! (Is that right? It is she and not her, right?! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
Oh this is great..... Reminds me of Jakers when the Bell Hoppers at The Tower of Terror took Jake "behind the sceans" of the ride cause of his obession with the TOT.... They really do great things with MAW kids that is for sure.

Still loving the gringerbread costume, it is just too cute... WTG Matty on having your trip made that much more special....
Hi there!! You have just described one of the other awesome Wish Trip Moments that I think about often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
So wonderful. Box of tissues necessary. I know Mattie loved it and I bet some cm's did too.
I should probably put a warning on there, huh...? And YES...I am positive that some CM's were blessed by it, too. Positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
what a night to remember
I am glad I found it now so I could just cry all at one time
Awww...you are so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1026 View Post
Oh Matty and family what a wonderful day that must of been. I am Lucas mom and it brought back alot of precious memories for us today! I am so glad you wish was to come to true. The folks at Disney and of course Maroo are some special people. I am still amazed at all they do to make children's dreams come true. Your story was amazing and I am so happy for you all!

Maroo you are one amazing woman and such a blessing! Chris was looking over my shoulder and noticed where the pictures of Matty and his family was taken. He said look it was almost right where Barbara picked us up that day to start Lucas on his magical morning! We all thought that was special. Lucas wanted to ask if you where able to see Barbara, Kent, or Ed while you were at Disney. He had their cards ready to send to you to take but everything started happening with Chris' dad that we were not able to get those to you. We have something special coming your way. I just love how you tell the stories you have such a gift that way. Even though I knew Lucas' story you still held me captive. Thank you for sharing Matty's story it was amazing! I really needed alittle pixie dust this Christmas season.

Thank you for all you do! I needed some good tears!
You are so sweet! You guys were the first family that caught the DIS angels attention...so you guys played a big part in this!

I did not see Barbara, Kent or Ed on my trip. I am hoping to go out of my way in Jan to see them, though! I have still not been able to ride the train (except for that magical morning!)

I can't wait to see what you guys have sent me! Did you send me a copy of your Christmas Card picture?

I am so sorry about Chris' Dad...how hard that must have been - especially here at Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipersmom View Post
What an awesome end to a wonderful day for Matty! I loved all the pictures, it's just amazing what a little pixie dust can do.
Very true!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #63
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
Gosh this trippie should have a tissue alert im crying my eys out !!
Amazing story and the icing on the cake is Santa shouting Hi !!
Just fantastic - thanks so much for sharing !!
I suppose I should add that...huh?!

Or supply kleenex!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #64
pacrosby
DIS Veteran

I just had to come on and make sure everyone knows that all this love has not been lost on me. Just the interest, the support, the prayers, the kind words.......................this is an amazing community of folks. Thanx to all of you who have chosen to share in my Matty's magical evening.

Matty's Mom (Pamela)
Old 12-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #65
MJAJmom
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful experience for Matty!! I love the parade, Santa's comments directly to him, and the special meet and greet with all the gingerbread men. Those are some awesome pictures. What a truely magical trip if was for all of you. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a fabulous christmas!

June 2014 - DL planning in the works!
June 2011 - POFQ, Star Wars Weekends, Universal
April 2010 - CBR pirate room, 3rd time for just mom & 2 boys, Universal
June09 - CBR, Star Wars Weekends, just mom & 2 boys, more character meals - Trip Report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2208908
Oct08 - GF, MNSSHP, just mom & 2 boys, lots of character meals - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2013585
Apr08 - GF - 1st trip for family
Old 12-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #66
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I finally found this mini report and read it from the beginning. I am now crying! That was the most amazing interaction with Matty and the Gingerbread Men! Disney really knows how to make wishes come true!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #67
Disney4nonah
Mouseketeer

OH my Gosh, i'm crying now...so precious Thanks for posting...

Me 42- DH 45-
POR Jan 19-28, 2015
POFQ Jan 19-26, 2010
POFQ May 25-31, 2009;
Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #68
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Hi there!! You have just described one of the other awesome Wish Trip Moments that I think about often!

Please do not make start to get teary eyed right now...still blessed how Awesome the TOTO CM were...I am just so glad to see sweet Matty in his totally cool gingerbread costume got to get the speical treatment as well I just LOVE IT...
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #69
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacrosby View Post
I just had to come on and make sure everyone knows that all this love has not been lost on me. Just the interest, the support, the prayers, the kind words.......................this is an amazing community of folks. Thanx to all of you who have chosen to share in my Matty's magical evening.

Matty's Mom (Pamela)
You are so sweet!

My next update on here is going to tell everyone to go check out your TR for updates on more magic with Gingerbread Men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJAJmom View Post
What a wonderful experience for Matty!! I love the parade, Santa's comments directly to him, and the special meet and greet with all the gingerbread men. Those are some awesome pictures. What a truely magical trip if was for all of you. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a fabulous christmas!
I had a great Christmas and I think Matty and family did, too! Thank you so much for posting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I finally found this mini report and read it from the beginning. I am now crying! That was the most amazing interaction with Matty and the Gingerbread Men! Disney really knows how to make wishes come true!
Aw! Disney really does know how to make wishes come true! (Is anyone else hearing the song to Wishes in your head right now?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney4nonah View Post
OH my Gosh, i'm crying now...so precious Thanks for posting...
You are so welcome! And thank you for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
Please do not make start to get teary eyed right now...still blessed how Awesome the TOTO CM were...I am just so glad to see sweet Matty in his totally cool gingerbread costume got to get the speical treatment as well I just LOVE IT...
Aw. The CM's at Disney are so awesome!!! But, I know you know that!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #70
maroo
DIS Veteran

This may be sort of a "cheating" update....

Because I won't be writing much...

But you guys are getting a two for one deal and many of you guys may not even know it!!

Matty's Mom has been working on her TR and has lots of background info about how Matty became obsessed with the Gingers and some other magical moments with MORE Gingerbread Men!

Mom, Dad, 3 kids and a Gingerbread Boy....

There probably should be a tissue alert on that TR, too.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:57 AM   #71
PrincessShea
Always planning...

This is such a great TR. I'm crying reading it. How magical, and how wonderful of you and everyone involved to set it up.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #73
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

When did you make yourself that brand new, fancy, shmancy ticker with all kinds of cool trips on it??

Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM   #74
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I promise I am not the angel! There IS an angel on the DIS that keeps doing this...but I am not she! (Is that right? It is she and not her, right?! )
Hmmm... actually, I think it IS her - but, I'm definitely no english teacher. Anyone?

Quote:

Matty's Mom has been working on her TR and has lots of background info about how Matty became obsessed with the Gingers and some other magical moments with MORE Gingerbread Men!

Mom, Dad, 3 kids and a Gingerbread Boy....

There probably should be a tissue alert on that TR, too.
Heading over there now!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #75
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I'm heading there too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: