Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
ozzz17
Mouseketeer

Back home from Disney late last night!

I'll post some thoughts and details later but should anyone have any questions, please ask away. We arrived 12/15 and left 12/22.
ozzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

We arrived on 12/15 and got home tonight.

Besides the rain, the crowd level was awesome until Saturday night. Then it quadrupled. I've never been when it was that crowded before. We managed, but man....
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
Fuddrules
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreenlee View Post
We arrived on 12/15 and got home tonight.

Besides the rain, the crowd level was awesome until Saturday night. Then it quadrupled. I've never been when it was that crowded before. We managed, but man....
I was there from 12/20 to 12/24 and it was definately more crowded than 2 years ago when we went. Far more crowded.

All "green" TGM days except Sunday night at MK and that was probably the least crowded time of anywhere we went. I think the cold may have pushed people out of the park early.

Good part was they were handing out FP to EE in AK and TSM in HS. I got 2 rounds for each ride and then got a FP from the Safari in AK and RnR in HS so I had 3 sets of FP in each park by 9:50 or so.

The main problem was waiting in line to get the FP. At 9:10 the FP line at TSM was almost all the way back to little mermaid. People were joking we needed to get a fastpass for the fastpass line. My wife went directly to RnR after we walked through the gates at a little after 9:05 and the posted wait time for RnR was 90 minutes. It was a little quicker than 90 minutes but Wow!.

Overall we got all the major stuff done we wanted so it was good. We loved Teppan Edo and after staying at Fort W and Wilderness Lodge, we found a new favorite resort in POR. I didn't think I was going to really like it but it turned out perfect for us.
Fuddrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Where did you all stay? How were the busses?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
Fuddrules
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Where did you all stay? How were the busses?
POR - Didn't use the busses often but when I did they were fairly good. I think they have a bunch running now due to crowd level.
Fuddrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
writersstop
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddrules View Post
The main problem was waiting in line to get the FP. At 9:10 the FP line at TSM was almost all the way back to little mermaid. People were joking we needed to get a fastpass for the fastpass line. My wife went directly to RnR after we walked through the gates at a little after 9:05 and the posted wait time for RnR was 90 minutes. It was a little quicker than 90 minutes but Wow!.
Hello, we were there from 12/19 until 12/24 and had a great time. It was crowded at times but being there at the holidays was well worth the trip.

We actually waited in that fastpass line for Toy Story, it was way back to Little Mermaid, BUT it only took us about ten to fifteen minutes to get our fast passes. CM's were actually doing the fastpasses for us. When we got to the machine a CM asked how many and did it for us. It was very quick and easy.

Plus, while waiting in line an Army man with a mega phone was walking up and down the line interacting with kids and adults... pure disney magic.

Boardwalk Villas November 2010
Dolphin/Boardwalk Villas Easter 2010
Dolphin Xmas 2009
WL
Swan
Buena Vista Palace
Dolphin
Caribbean Beach Resort
Port Orleans
Boardwalk - 4 visits
Beach Club - 4 visits
Next trip: November 2010 at the Dolphin