Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #46
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Great, you've started!

I was also there at the same time, so it'll be nice to see what you were doing.

And, I'm definitely want to hear your views on POP. Hoping your trip was awesome!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #47
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
IF I could get my DH to agree I'd go with you in a heartbeat!
Just say when! I'd love a low key shortie trip.

Quote:
I love the holiday themed soda cup!

I would imagine that there will be a Princess and the Frog show at some point in the future....it would be a shame not too!
I wish I had gotten a chance to meet Tiana, but she was never out when we were in the area with free time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The burger looks so good.

I wish they'd keep the Tiana riverboat show. Hopefully, something else is in the works.
I'm so easy to keep happy. Most of the time, I'm happy with a simple burger. I hardly ever eat them at home, so when I'm in Disney it's a special treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Great, you've started!

I was also there at the same time, so it'll be nice to see what you were doing.

And, I'm definitely want to hear your views on POP. Hoping your trip was awesome!
I was only at POP for one day, but had fun checking it out.

I'm going to have to head over and check out your trip report.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #48
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

I would have loved to see the riverboat show - but you are right, it ended January 3rd. I have seen video of it and it sounds like a lot of fun. Also I have read that it attracted quite a lot of crowds!

I also just noticed: Do you have a new avatar? I really like it!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #49
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Every vacation SHOULD start with a little bit of Jack.

Or a whole lot of it as the case may be.

You know, I think at some point I'm going to have to try Pecos Bill's. I've never seen a bad burger review from that place, and I do love a good cheeseburger every now and then.

By the by, I love the Dooney and Burke Disney bag and am kicking myself that I didn't get in September. So stinkin' cute.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #50
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
You know, I think at some point I'm going to have to try Pecos Bill's. I've never seen a bad burger review from that place, and I do love a good cheeseburger every now and then.

By the by, I love the Dooney and Burke Disney bag and am kicking myself that I didn't get in September. So stinkin' cute.
I can't believe in all your trips you have never tried Pecos Bill's!

Does anyone have a picture of this D&B bag? How did I miss it???? You all know I would have come home with it!

Wings-I'll have to see how the addition to the house is coming along before I even suggest that I go to Disney again before DH, but there is a chance....slim but a chance!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #51
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I saw your update this morning at home, but figured I would read and comment once I got to school -- now I can't see the photos. Grrrr! Will be back tonight to read and gaze at the photos!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #52
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I would have loved to see the riverboat show - but you are right, it ended January 3rd. I have seen video of it and it sounds like a lot of fun. Also I have read that it attracted quite a lot of crowds!

I also just noticed: Do you have a new avatar? I really like it!
The show was alot of fun, and I liked that there was plenty of space for everyone to view it without having to wait in lines to go into a theater.

Thanks about the avatar. I ws getting a bit bored with the old one and wanted to change things up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Every vacation SHOULD start with a little bit of Jack.

Or a whole lot of it as the case may be.

Lot of Jack never hurt. I think Pirates is always my most rode ride at the end of every trip.

For me the toppings bar makes Pecos Bill's. I only wish they'd make the burger a bit smaller. Way too big.

I'm still kicking myself about the bag. I should have, especially as they had the 20% off for AP holders deal going on. What was I thinking?

Quote:
Does anyone have a picture of this D&B bag? How did I miss it???? You all know I would have come home with it!
I didn't take pics, but I found some links from the boards here.

The Tassle tote and wristlet. - I would have been happy with either of them. I actually tried to pick up a wristlet later in the week, but they were long gone.
Cindy Tote - I'm pretty sure the style was called the Cindy. Cute, but a bit big for me.

For anyone who is going soon and wants one, I belive they carried them at Uptown Jewelers on Main St., Summer Lace at the Grand Floridian and at World of Disney and TrenD in DTD. (I was looking up this info on my cell phone down in Florida). Some people have said they saw them at HS too, but I never saw any of them there.

Quote:
Wings-I'll have to see how the addition to the house is coming along before I even suggest that I go to Disney again before DH, but there is a chance....slim but a chance!
I understand completely. Once the weather gets better, we need to have a meet-up at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I saw your update this morning at home, but figured I would read and comment once I got to school -- now I can't see the photos. Grrrr! Will be back tonight to read and gaze at the photos!

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #53
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I'm not quite ready for my next post yet, but I've started my next PTR report!

13.1 Before I Hit 40 - Running My First 1/2 Marathon at Disney

Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #54
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Your trip title made me open it. Can't wait to read it.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS19/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years

Old 01-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #55
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
I can't believe in all your trips you have never tried Pecos Bill's!
I know! I used to go to Pinocchios Village Haus when they had the most awesome burgers ever, before they changed it to pizza. The last thing we Italian folk want to eat on vacation is pizza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Lot of Jack never hurt. I think Pirates is always my most rode ride at the end of every trip.
Me, too.

Quote:
For me the toppings bar makes Pecos Bill's. I only wish they'd make the burger a bit smaller. Way too big.
That is so funny. Most people would be all BRING ON THE BEEF!!! and you wish it was smaller. I'm lucky in that I have DH and DS to finish off things I don't eat.

Quote:
I'm still kicking myself about the bag. I should have, especially as they had the 20% off for AP holders deal going on. What was I thinking?
You could have gotten 20% off???? I would have asked you to buy one for me!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #56
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Those bags are so cute. Gotta get one
The DIS just enables my spending

Old 01-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #57
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray! I can see the pictures now!

I am also a fan of the Tiki Room! I hope Disney refurbs it before the stars start molting.

Pecos Bill's is another of my favorites! I love that Christmas themed cup!

You must see The Princess and the Frog! It's wonderful!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #58
jennJK
Earning My Ears

Love the TR so far, thanks!!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:04 AM   #59
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

OK, I"m back, for real. Pecos is one of my all-time faves for CS, next to Casey's and CHH. If it were just those 3 I"d be very , very happy indeed. The toppings bar was amazing! Such a bounty of delectable heaven. Mushrooms for me, all the way!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #60
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

GREAT update! I wish they still had the riverboat, too- I'm sad I missed it. I loved your photos of it- thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: