Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Yay, you're there!

I'm with you, girl, I hate early flights too. I have since decided for our family, even if it means taking a flight that wastes a day, that's what we'll do, because otherwise you just have crabby people at the happiest place on earth! Not fun.

I can't wait to see where you go first.
Your smarter than me. I'm obviously a glutton for punishment and keep booking early morning flights.

Since most of the time it's just me, or alternatively me with my parents (who are morning people - I don't know how I ended up with them), it's not too bad. If I'm ever traveling by plane with the nieces, I'm booking later flights. Of course they are weird morning people too. I'm the oddball night owl in the family.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Stumbled across you TR by your title. I love it. We are big Phinn and Ferb fans in this house.

Can't wait to read more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #18
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I hope you will feel better soon! Something similar happened to me last year: I was sick just before and after my WDW trip, actually had to stay in bed for quite a few days.

Great start to your TR! I wouldn't want to be on a 6:30 am flight either! Here in Germany many of the flights for package holidays to Spain/Italy/Greece for the beaches are leaving at horrible times. Friends of mine once had to get on a flight at 3:30 am! One of the reasons why I don't go on package holidays!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 12-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I love early flights, especially when traveling with my nephews. They just sleep the whole flight.

I'm thinking of trying the airport in White Plains. It's a lot cheaper than JFK. Hmmm might have to look into it now.

Love your room photos. I didn't realize the values are THAT small that the door hits the bed when opened. Does the sink area of the bathroom have a door?

Old 12-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Love your room photos. I didn't realize the values are THAT small that the door hits the bed when opened. Does the sink area of the bathroom have a door?
Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to post something about the rooms as well: I really like the new All Stars design! I think it makes Music and Sport so much more desirable than Pop! I think it looks very modern and sleek! Pp rooms just look way to busy to me and have strange colors.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #21
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope you feel better soon, Crissy! Those antibiotics should start working their magic soon!

I am with you on getting up at the crack of dawn -- not a big fan of it at all!

Yick to all the turbulence -- I would have been a nervous wreck the whole time!!!

Yeay for reaching the resort -- the room looks nice, but I am rather anxious for you to get to the Boardwalk.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Stumbled across you TR by your title. I love it. We are big Phinn and Ferb fans in this house.

Can't wait to read more.
I was definitely the Phineas of this trip. My friend was constantly asking what we were doing each day. I love that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I hope you will feel better soon! Something similar happened to me last year: I was sick just before and after my WDW trip, actually had to stay in bed for quite a few days.

Great start to your TR! I wouldn't want to be on a 6:30 am flight either! Here in Germany many of the flights for package holidays to Spain/Italy/Greece for the beaches are leaving at horrible times. Friends of mine once had to get on a flight at 3:30 am! One of the reasons why I don't go on package holidays!
Get on a plan at 3:30 am! I'd never be able to make it.

I'm just happy that I was healthy for my week at Disney. My doctor told me that I should have stayed in Florida. Next time I'll know better. Usually I get sick while at Disney. This was a first for the before/after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I love early flights, especially when traveling with my nephews. They just sleep the whole flight.

I'm thinking of trying the airport in White Plains. It's a lot cheaper than JFK. Hmmm might have to look into it now.

I wish I could sleep on a plane. I'm always wide awake the entire trip.

White Plains is wonderful for flying out of. I haven't flown from JFK, LaGuardia, or Hartford in ages. I love that it's so easy to get in and out of. My first time flying out of there I was off the plane and in the car in about 1/2 an hour.

The value room was small. It was fun dragging out our bags when it was time to switch resorts. The sink area didn't have any kind of door, or even a curtain like the moderates. Luckily we both got up at the same time the entire trip so it wasn't really an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to post something about the rooms as well: I really like the new All Stars design! I think it makes Music and Sport so much more desirable than Pop! I think it looks very modern and sleek! Pp rooms just look way to busy to me and have strange colors.
I was pleasantly surprised by the room decor. It was very clean and sleek looking, fitting for the size of the rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hope you feel better soon, Crissy! Those antibiotics should start working their magic soon!

I am with you on getting up at the crack of dawn -- not a big fan of it at all!

Yick to all the turbulence -- I would have been a nervous wreck the whole time!!!

Yeay for reaching the resort -- the room looks nice, but I am rather anxious for you to get to the Boardwalk.
Thanks! I can feel the antibiotics working already. I'm not coughing nearly as much overall. Now I'm mostly triggered by exercise so I'm trying to be careful.

The turbulence was awful. I was trying not to grip the hand rests too hard. Luckily the take off and landings went smoothly, and those are what make me the most nervous.

I was feeling a bit anxious about getting to the Boardwalk too! All I kept thinking about all week was getting there.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #23
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I hate plane turbulance. It freaks me out and I start to get panicky.

I am one of those weird morning people. I like to get where I'm going as early as possible. It kinda irked me to wait until a later flight in May when I was leaving Disney. I mean, I didn't want to leave but it killed me wait around all day to leave. Does that make sense?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #24
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Hi THere!

So glad you've started; I was looking forward to hearing about how your travel and arrival went!

EArly morning flights- no early morning ANYTHING stinks! EXCEPT getting on your way to Disney! Yay!

Glad that baby didn't completely wreck your whole trip. Love that you got in and out of check-in in 5 minutes. Sweet!

So, where'd ya go first??

Old 12-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I hate plane turbulance. It freaks me out and I start to get panicky.

I am one of those weird morning people. I like to get where I'm going as early as possible. It kinda irked me to wait until a later flight in May when I was leaving Disney. I mean, I didn't want to leave but it killed me wait around all day to leave. Does that make sense?
My BFF is usually one of those people, but this trip I was the one dragging her out of bed in the morning. Very odd.

Leaving Disney I like an early evening flight, but usually get stuck with the morning ones. Seriously I hate mornings anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Hi THere!

So glad you've started; I was looking forward to hearing about how your travel and arrival went!

EArly morning flights- no early morning ANYTHING stinks! EXCEPT getting on your way to Disney! Yay!

Glad that baby didn't completely wreck your whole trip. Love that you got in and out of check-in in 5 minutes. Sweet!

So, where'd ya go first??
I've finally accepted the fact that I'll never be a morning person. Getting up and going for a run this summer was horribly painful for me. As far as I'm concerned the human body wasn't made to get up at that time.

The sad thing is that it's never a baby sitting behind me, but older kids in the 6-7 years old range. Old enough to behalf better than they do.

Getting my next installment up soon, I promise!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Your smarter than me. I'm obviously a glutton for punishment and keep booking early morning flights.

Since most of the time it's just me, or alternatively me with my parents (who are morning people - I don't know how I ended up with them), it's not too bad. If I'm ever traveling by plane with the nieces, I'm booking later flights. Of course they are weird morning people too. I'm the oddball night owl in the family.
I'm actually a morning person (I didn't used to be, four year olds will do that to you) but I still would like a later flight so the non morning people can be...more...pleasant.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #27
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I'm here, too!! Going back to read!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #28
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
I'm here, too!! Going back to read!

Glad your here! I'll be posting the next chapter soon.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Hello there!!! Fellow Wine runner

I hate early morning flights...I never go to bed..stay up all night..then exhausted the whole day! lol

However, I like to be on Disney property no later than 11 am on arrival days!!!

I should have no problem staying awake for the upcoming wine run....think it was made for Night Owls....!!!

Cant wait to hear about BWI!!!!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 01-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #30
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The value room was small. It was fun dragging out our bags when it was time to switch resorts. The sink area didn't have any kind of door, or even a curtain like the moderates. Luckily we both got up at the same time the entire trip so it wasn't really an issue.

No door or curtain for the sink area Is that true of all the values?

Out of all of the mods, I love the set up of the new rooms at CSR. Queen beds, flat screen tvs, and sliding doors for the sink area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: