Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #151
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

An HOUR for a bus??! That's a seriously long wait no matter where you are!

I'm sad that you had to forego a few things that you really had your heart set on. You needed some solo time. Even just a little.

Glad your room was in the quieter section so you could get a good night's rest before the next day's early wake up call!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #152
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I love your photos! Where was that Nemo tree?? That was so cute. Your Boma post & photos from AKL made me "homesick" for that resort. I miss it. I love all of your Christmas decoration photos- thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #153
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm sorry you weren't able to animal watch like you wanted to. Things like that would make a solo trip really fun I think. The infamous Pop Warner kids, eh? We had a not-so-fun run in with some of them in Magic Kingdom. I'm sorry your bus service was so cruddy!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #154
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
An HOUR for a bus??! That's a seriously long wait no matter where you are!
Sadly it wasn't our worst bus experience of the week, but we did overall find the bus service at AsSp to be far worse than the buses at Boardwalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I'm sad that you had to forego a few things that you really had your heart set on. You needed some solo time. Even just a little.

Glad your room was in the quieter section so you could get a good night's rest before the next day's early wake up call!
I actually ended up foregoing quite alot of things which I'll try to mention as I go along. My trip "for me", ended up with me feeling like a trip for my friend. I still want to get in a trip for me. One of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I love your photos! Where was that Nemo tree?? That was so cute. Your Boma post & photos from AKL made me "homesick" for that resort. I miss it. I love all of your Christmas decoration photos- thanks!
I can't remember now if the Nemo tree was by the Nemo show, or Camp Minnie Mickey. It was near a major walkway though because we didn't really go any further into the camp other than to see FotLK. I love the Nemo ornament on the front.

I just love AKL too. One of these days I hope to stay there again.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #155
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
I wanted to head down to the pool area to check out the animals with the night vision glasses. I've been wanting to do this since I stayed at the AKL back in 2003, but never had the chance. My friend though had no interest. She said that we could see the animals from the viewing areas, and there was really nothing going on out there.

I didn't want to really push the issue if she didn't want to do it. It wasn't something terribly important, and an early night wouldn't kill us, so I agreed to head back to the resort.
This is exactly why you need a solo trip! I hope your friend took a couple for the team and did some things that she didn't want to do just because you would have liked them.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #156
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Not to be totally negative, but this is one of the reasons I don't like the values (even my beloved Pop). Sometimes the bus service royally...stinks.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #157
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YIKES!!! You had to wait an hour for a bus!!! That's insane!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #158
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
This is exactly why you need a solo trip! I hope your friend took a couple for the team and did some things that she didn't want to do just because you would have liked them.
Not really. One of the reasons why by Thursday or so I wanted to scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Not to be totally negative, but this is one of the reasons I don't like the values (even my beloved Pop). Sometimes the bus service royally...stinks.
I agree completely. We never had a problem getting on a bus from the resort, but at the end of the night the waits were crazy at the parks. It would be even more aggravating to watch bus after bus pull up for all the other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YIKES!!! You had to wait an hour for a bus!!! That's insane!!
By the time a bus showed up people were giving them a bronx cheer. It was pretty bad.

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #159
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I've never been to the All-Star resorts, but if I was waiting there 30 minutes, and kept seeing busses for the other 2 All-star resorts, I would've hopped on one of them and walked back to my room from those resorts.

We were at POP for the week, and never had a bus wait of more than 20 minutes going anywhere. (To or From the resort.) There was one morning when we were going to Epcot, and several buses for the other parks came through (2 to 3 each) when an Epcot bus finally showed up - in only 20 minutes- another one joined it right away. Honestly, we've had worse bus experiences at POFQ each of our last 3 trips than any of the problems this trip.

I call it "Bus Karma", as long as you get 1 instance of "good bus Karma" for every "bad bus Karma", it's all good.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
Old 01-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #160
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That's too bad that you weren't able to do the night vision. I guess it will have to stay on your next time list.

Early nights are sometimes good at Disney especially since you have an early ADR the next day!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #161
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I've never been to the All-Star resorts, but if I was waiting there 30 minutes, and kept seeing busses for the other 2 All-star resorts, I would've hopped on one of them and walked back to my room from those resorts.
We thought about that, but there were lines for those too. With our luck we would have hopped out of our line, and a bus would have showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
We were at POP for the week, and never had a bus wait of more than 20 minutes going anywhere. (To or From the resort.) There was one morning when we were going to Epcot, and several buses for the other parks came through (2 to 3 each) when an Epcot bus finally showed up - in only 20 minutes- another one joined it right away. Honestly, we've had worse bus experiences at POFQ each of our last 3 trips than any of the problems this trip.
That's good to know. The bus service was the thing that I didn't really like about AsSp. At the end of the night we dreaded heading to get on the bus, because we knew how bad it would be. I've never had any issues at POFQ. My worst experience is still to come, and happended at the Boardwalk. I had made a few comments about it at the time on Facebook, but it was just horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That's too bad that you weren't able to do the night vision. I guess it will have to stay on your next time list.

Early nights are sometimes good at Disney especially since you have an early ADR the next day!
It's definitely on the to-do list. I'm actually not planning alot of to-do's on my next trip with my BFF. After the disappointment of not getting to do so many of mine this trip, I'm not setting myself up for that again. I'm keeping in on my future solo trip.

Early nights are a good thing! That alarm clock always seems to go off so early.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #162
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

An hour for a bus!! Eeeeek!!

I'm sorry you weren't able to check out the night vision goggles. That is a bummer.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #163
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
An hour for a bus!! Eeeeek!!

I'm sorry you weren't able to check out the night vision goggles. That is a bummer.
No worries, it's on the to-do list. You always have to keep a few things on your Disney to-do list.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #164
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - A Rainy Begining

The alarm went off bright and early on our third day, and again I beat my BFF to the bathroom. I was a little excited for my first ever character breakfast.

My BFF was still a bit tired and was having problems getting going this morning. I was getting a bit afraid that we were going to miss our 8 am ADR. Luckily we didn't have to wait long for a bus. (We might have had bad luck with buses at the end of the day, but in the morning we never had any problems at all). We hopped on and found ourselves sitting near a wonderful couple and their adorable daughter who were from Wales. They were staying for about 2 and a half weeks. So lucky! We had a lot of fun chatting with them on the drive to here -

Epcot! It was so nice getting to take a few pictures without a few hundred of your not so dearest friends milling around in the background. Even though we were barely making it there in time, we had to stop for a few pictures.

Me. It was a rainy, gloomy morning that day. It wasn't a heavy rain, but enough to be a bit miserable. Luckily it cleared up by the time we were finishing breakfast.

I loved the display they had set up in the front of Spaceship Earth. Very festive with all the fab 5.

I don't think I've ever walked through here with a view like this. No one around. I was just a bit sad that they didn't have the big light display set up this year. I've always loved the pictures.

We were on our way to meet the princesses!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #165
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Sorry it was so rainy! Can't wait to hear about Akershus!! We LOVE eating there!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: