Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

Unhappy Anyone Else Disappointed with their Memory Escape Free Photobook?

So I found the thread for the free 5x5 photobook from MemoryEscape.com and eagerly went out to create an extra gift for my DM. I thought for $3.99 shipping it's a great little memory keeper for Mom that she can easily carry in her purse.

Loved the site, background selection was nice, lots of options, the layouts were great; easy to change with added options like adding extra photos, changing the size or tilt of the photo, adding, changing or removing frames and drop shadows to the photos, and photos were very easy to upload. Hmmm, I thought to myself if the book is any good and I get a coupon maybe I'll try them for other things.

Well, the book arrived yesterday. Quality of photos is good, paper is nice, BUT...three of the sheets are turned sidways so that my pictures are facing the wrong way and the bar codes which are supposed to be in the binding are at the top of the page. so with 10 sheets in all in the book 6 of 20 pages are turned incorretly.

Add to that the fact that they don't have a "contact us" button for orders. I sent a message to them via their technical problems page and hope to hear back but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong I'm not too upset as it was almost free but compared to the free Photoworks book I got this is laughable. If this the quality I got and given the "ease" of contacting customer service I won't use them again and I'll definitely recommend against them to anyone who asks.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
1PrincessMomma1
DIS Veteran

Again I am always amazed at the people on the Dis that'll complain about the quality of a FREE item. You get what you pay for. In this case you paid shipping and you got it didn't you? What do you want from them?
1PrincessMomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

Sorry your book is messed up! That stinks! Even if it was free.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
HaleyB
I am a good sister. Mostly.
I am cunfuzzled now
Wait!! You're a guy???!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PrincessMomma1 View Post
Again I am always amazed at the people on the Dis that'll complain about the quality of a FREE item. You get what you pay for. In this case you paid shipping and you got it didn't you? What do you want from them?
Not getting what you want for Christmas? Miss your morning coffee? Fall off your high horse? I doubt you would be that rude in person. Think twice before hitting submit next time.

The item was a try me free promotion in order to gain new customers. The company should have made sure everything they sent out was perfect. They lost a customer instead of gaining one (actually two as I will cross them off my list of companies to try).

To the OP- I have not tried them but I have seen several similar posts on varies MB's. They are in serious need of quality control.

Lost and Found with the Sillies, a Trip Report of sorts
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.

Phbbbt! by steven_and_haley_bach, Hedgehog Blog!http://princesspricklepants.wordpress.com/

Recent Trips: Aug 2010 AKL/BWV; Sept 2010 Hawaii; December 2010 Disneyland; Jan 2011 Mexico Cruise with the girls; Feb 2011 GF Maelstrom Meet; Feb 2011 Anniversary trip AKL CL with 1 night Platinum Plan. May/June 2011 Family trip; GF CL Sept 2012; Bonnet Creek May 2012; YC CL Sept 2013;

[center]Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
The Silly Trip Report/Epic (2006 Trip Report) NEW again on 8/31/07 part 21!! Dude!!
Not so Much a Savings... a 2005 Trip Report.
[URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157739]
HaleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I get that it's free. What I'm saying is that if this is the quality of their items - can't even make it right - I'm not going to BUY anything from them. OTH I would definitely buy from Photoworks - which was even more free - no shipping even. A free item is like a sample of shampoo or cereal - if you didn't like the quality would you buy it going forward? A free item is indicative of the quality of their work. In this case - it stinks.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
Blue.Fairy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow. Seriously??? you have got to be kidding me!!!!

A quailty product the same product as you would have gotten if you had paid $xx.xx for it.

The whole idea behind a free item is gaining a customer. It is a promotional tool to show you what you can expect from them when you pay good money to order from them.

OP you have every right to complain and/or be upset.
code: 0560-5671-2716

City Folk GAME GUIDE ON SALE AT GAME STOP 9.99

Free Apps and Music for iPhone and ipod touch
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330141
Blue.Fairy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
hipchickie
counting the days

Quote:
All I can do is
Feb/March '12 BWV
hipchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
bucket o' butter
DIS Veteran

"Free" items = Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyB View Post
Not getting what you want for Christmas? Miss your morning coffee? Fall off your high horse? I doubt you would be that rude in person. Think twice before hitting submit next time.

The item was a try me free promotion in order to gain new customers. The company should have made sure everything they sent out was perfect. They lost a customer instead of gaining one (actually two as I will cross them off my list of companies to try).

To the OP- I have not tried them but I have seen several similar posts on varies MB's. They are in serious need of quality control.
I agree totally. If a company offers something free, it is part of their advertising costs. A way to get new customers. I certainly wouldn't pay them money for a future order if I received a poor quality "free" one. Sorry this happened to you. If anything, you helped out other "Disboarders" by letting us know of the poor quality photo book!

1972 - My very first WDW trip ; 1978 - Contemporary; 1980 - Off site campground; 1981 - Ft. Wilderness campground; 1981 - Howard Johnson'a at Lk. Buena Vista; 1982 Ft. Wilderness again; 1993 - Caribbean Beach; 1999 - Timeshare in Orlando; 2002 - Contemporary; 2008 - Poly; 2009 Orange Lake timeshare / Universal Studios this year; not sure when next Disney trip will be
bucket o' butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
manhattan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you!!!
Port Orleans French Quarter 10/96, 05/01, 07/05, 12/06 Riverside 04/07, 06/07, 11/07, 05/08, 07/13 All Star Music 10/99, 01/09 Wilderness Lodge 08/97, 05/00, 09/00, 09/01 Polynesian 10/99, 07/03 Coronado Springs 08/06, 08/07, 08/08 Fort Wilderness Cabins 08/08, 12/10 Gaylord Palms 12/08 All Star Music Family Suites 03/10, 05/11 All Star Movies 09/11, 09/14 Pop Century 10/12
Offsite 1980, 1990, 2009

Hoping to get and go back for MVMCP
manhattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Fairy2 View Post
Wow. Seriously??? you have got to be kidding me!!!!

A quailty product the same product as you would have gotten if you had paid $xx.xx for it.

The whole idea behind a free item is gaining a customer. It is a promotional tool to show you what you can expect from them when you pay good money to order from them.

OP you have every right to complain and/or be upset.
I agree. And it was a missed opportunity for referrals. I'm sure the OP would've given praise on a thread if the Photobook was of good quality.

I'm certainly not inclined to try them out now.

Keep trying to reach them, OP!

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
tink_lover
POLKA PRINCESS

On the same topic, I LOVED my free photobook from Photoworks and would definately use them again.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
marlynnp
No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuevers.

Quote:
Really???

I would expect that their FREE item offer was to entice you to become a future paying customer.

The above post and the product - FAIL!

'tis better to remain silent and appear a fool; than to speak and remove all doubt.
marlynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:

Really...these freebies are to entice you to spend money later. The same thing happened with me with Vistaprint. Free calender, just pay shipping..not bad give them a try. So the calendar arrives and the pages are all on out of order..it's spiral bound, so was a bit of a pain to fix. Yes, I got it and I got what I paid for, but Vista Print lost a future customer.
So..if you get a coupon for a free Big Mac and then you get it and get sick from it..oh well, you got what you piad for...?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
Blue.Fairy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_lover View Post
On the same topic, I LOVED my free photobook from Photoworks and would definately use them again.
Ditto mine is beautiful! although DS did point out I made a Typo

I am already planning on ordering another book from them, they are so beautiful.
code: 0560-5671-2716

City Folk GAME GUIDE ON SALE AT GAME STOP 9.99

Free Apps and Music for iPhone and ipod touch
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330141

Last edited by Blue.Fairy2; 12-24-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Blue.Fairy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlynnp View Post
Really???

I would expect that their FREE item offer was to entice you to become a future paying customer.

The above post and the product - FAIL!
In theory this may be true but in practice they were probably overwhelmed by the moochers looking for a free ride.

My wife ordered every free photo book offered and this was her least favorite. If she was actually going to be a customer she might complain but she never had any intention of buying so she got what she paid for.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: