Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Mammaz
Mouseketeer

Birthday trip

We are taking my grandson age 4 to Disney World in May. This trip is his birthday present. My question is...his birthday is in April. Would it still be ok to get him a birthday pin/button? If we do, should he wear it every day or just one day?
Mammaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

It is all personal preference, really. WDW will give you a pin for anything anytime of the year. With the WWYCelebrate promo it seems that most people coming and going have at least one pin on at all times. Some feel strongly about wearing the pin only on the actual date, some feel strongly about wearing it whenever they want, same thing w/ one day and multiple days, so its just whatever you are comfortable with. In your situation I would say most would wear the pin for the whole trip since its a 'birthday celebration trip'.

The one issue you may have is it might be hard to explain to a 4 yr old (mine anyway) why he is wearing Bday button a month late and for a whole week and not a day. My 4yr old would tell people everytime they told him Happy Birthday that it's not 'really' his birthday and that we are fibbing, I can just see him now.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

You can get it at your resort as soon as you check in or you can get one at the park, but it doesn't have to be your birthday to get one. We alwasy go the week of my husbands birthday and he wears it all the time we are there. Often he gets all kinds of attiontion and if you are making dinning reservations be sure to have them note htat your thre for a birthday and when you check in remind them. At most places they will put confetti on the table and sometimes you will get a birthday card from some of the disney characters.
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: