Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #31
StefaniLyn
DIS Veteran

Great update! I can't believe you ran into 3 DISers in 1 day! You are so lucky! My DH was approached by DISers on multiple occasions during our trip but I was never with him when it happened! Not fair!

I'm glad your son didn't fall out on Space Mountain! I always worry about that with my little ones too!

DS looks so cute in his Indiana Jones hat!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #32
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefaniLyn View Post
Great update! I can't believe you ran into 3 DISers in 1 day! You are so lucky! My DH was approached by DISers on multiple occasions during our trip but I was never with him when it happened! Not fair!

I'm glad your son didn't fall out on Space Mountain! I always worry about that with my little ones too!

DS looks so cute in his Indiana Jones hat!!!
HI!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
Khill
Mouseketeer

Great read so far.

Really like the pic of the elephant in the fog.

Counting the days, but livin through everyone else.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #35
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Wow, you certainly put those hoppers to good use!

Those burgers and desserts at Sci Fi look so yummy!

Great read so far!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #36
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Ds and bff- Bff will be appearing in All My Children on 2/4, btw!
I read this wrong at first! I thought you said your son AND his new BFF would be on AMC!!

Great report and pics again!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #37
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

HeatherSue and TheresaJoy- It was so nice meeting you ladies! Thanks for the compliments on ds. he is a major ham.
TheresaJoy- LGMH!!! My mom thought I was nuts for approaching total strangers. I figure, if you wear them, you want to be recognized! I love looking for LGMHs and saw more this trip than when I went for 11 days in June. I think the parks were so packed that I couldn't see between the people!
HeatherSue- No "wapeesh" whip here. It goes "crack" accross bare skin! He did not dare cry, though, because he would have gotten an "I told you so" from me!
praisehisname- I really liked the flatbread, but my mom had to do a little dissecting on her half- she took off the capers and Feta. I thought is was good and something different, too.
ID, Bunchkin, StefaniLyn, khil- Thanks for following along!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #38
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Tuesday, day 4: Epcot morning

I am always surprised when people say that they don’t think Epcot is a great parks for kids. My my two are little nerds (that’s quite possible, really), but they can’t get enough of it! There is just so much to see, do and eat. We spend several days there, easily. One of our first stops was Clun Cool. Ds is a funny little guy (or annoying brat if you fall for this)…he likes to stand near the pop (yes, pop, not soda) and convince people to try the Beverly. Luckily, most have pretty good senses of humor. He laughs hysterically and tells people Beverly tastes “like you just threw up”. Honestly, this is one of his favorite things to do at Epcot. I just think of it as him practicing his acting skills.

After I dragged the kids out of Club Cool, we started to work our way around WS again. One of our first stops was in France. There, we saw Marie, which was pretty neat. I’d never seen her before. It was funny, though, because in line in front of us was a dad and dd. He had no idea who they were in line to see. Then, a dad and dd got in line behind us and it was the same thing. Dads! Luckily, I set them straight. They commiserated with one another, saying, “That’s okay, dude. I had no idea who she was either.”
i239/tapezzuto/WDW%20Dec/wdwfall09164.jpg[/IMG]
From there, some adult refreshments were just steps away! Grey Goose and Grand Marnier slushies coming up!

While my mom and I enjoyed our beverages, the kids watched the acrobat/juggling show. Has anyone seen this show? It’s enjoyable, but the “chef” doesn’t talk. He only blows a whistle…about a thousand times. It started to get irritating, but kids are immune to annoying noises, so they enjoyed the show.

Now, what could follow the adult beverages? Pastries, of course. The decision is so difficult. My mom and I decided to share a Pithiviers (butchered spelling), dd had a Napolean, and ds had crème brulee.

We had a brief break from eating and worked our way around the countries a little more. DD picked a pearl in Japan. That was fun for her. They make a big deal over it, and she got the biggest pearl of the day!

While we waited for it to be set, the kids got some strange candy. Ds adores rice candy, so he bought several boxes. After we picked up the pearl, we looked around a bit, then guess what? We went to Sunshine Seasons to eat some more! I swear, in actuality, several hours elapsed…cross my heart and hope for an elastic waistband.

We then spent some time in Innoventions and did the Recycling game. It was actually fun, but the kids did manage to fight over who was going to “drive” the garbage truck.

It was time, then, to head over to MK for TTs and MVMCP. That will be a long one, so let’s break here for now!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
momto1
DIS Veteran

Hi Paint! I love living through your trip report! Your ds is so cute and looks like he has a great personality. What was the side dish on the first meal pic at Sunshine? It looks yummy and I have never eaten there. Maybe in March?

Lori
Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #40
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

Great report! We are staying at POP for the 1st time in July....looks great for the kids!
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
Old 01-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #41
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Our kids love Epcot too! I told them once that some people don't even go there because they think it's boring - they were shocked!

Oooohh, MVMCP is coming up! We love MVMCP!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #42
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

We love Epcot, too! I've never tried the pastries in France, but hope to next time. Can't wait to hear about MVMCP!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Last edited by praisehisname; 01-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #43
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey there! I just came over from the "fingerprint" thread, where you spotted me. I just read through your TR. Great job, nice and concise. It seemed like our park schedule nearly crossed paths several times, but we only saw you the one time. I think we were at DHS for the Osborne lights the same nights. I am looking forward to seeing my picture later in the thread.

I was excited to see the AK pictures you had. We were in MK in the morning in the fog...I was wondering how wide-spread it was...the answer...all over.

I totally agree with your Epcot comments. I think it's probably DD favorite park. Did your kids try the Kim Possible adventure? Our DD absolutely loved it, my guess is next trip she'll probably want to do that first thing!

If you want to check out my TR - just follow the link below. Looking forward to seeing some more updates here!

SkierPete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #44
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love this TR! I'm just joining in and have caught myself up! I hope you update soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: