Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Your kids are super cute! The picture of your son in the phone booth in England is hillarious.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 12-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Merry Christmas! Here is the next installment of the TR. Enjoy!

After our SAI dinner, we headed to the International Gateway to hop over to DHS. DD had a small trauma while running through the que (why don’t they ever listen when you tell them to stop running?!?)- she ran full speed into a rope and clothes-lined herself in the ribcage. She fell flat on the ground. Once we established that she wasn’t hurt, we couldn’t help laughing. This made her really mad, but she took a nap on the boat ride over and was fine once she got up. We then went on ToT and RnR (both of which had minimal waits), which were both fabulous as usual.

That's me in the fuschia tank top in the middle, arms way up!

Like a cat chasing a laser pointer...

Then we went over to see the lights. They were absolutely beautiful. There was such magic in the air. The children’s faces were lit up and they were squealing and giggling, trying to catch the “snow”. DD said it was so pretty she almost cried. I totally teared up when the Xmas version of Canon in D Major came on. It was one of those WDW moments that keeps me coming back- seeing dd smiling in wonderment and seeing ds tow Gma around, going from one thing to the next. Oh, jeez…here I go again…teary- eyed just thinking about it! Luckily, a TSO song came on and snapped me out of the near sob fest.

After a narrowly avoided crying jag, we went on ST (lame, but it had no wait) and then wandered, exhausted, to our bus stop.

Lo and behold, we see our friends from the morning! The guy and ds compared rides and we chatted with them the whole way. They were siblings celebrating one of the sister’s bdays. The women lived in NY and the man lived in CA. Ds and the guy really hit it off- he’ll be appearing in future installments, so from now on, we’ll refer to this guy as BFF (as in ds’s bff).

Next up…AK Morning EMH: Misty morning safari, a double does of EE, and soaking kids!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #18
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i'm still with you reading.

love your pictures, you are good!

Old 12-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Great updates! We saw the Osborne lights for the first time this year and loved them!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 AM   #20
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Great trip report, Paint!!

Sorry it took me so long to catch up to it!

Enough break though! Where's the rest?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

We went out of town between Xmas and NY Eve. I've got all the pics uploaded, though, and will share the next installment as soon as I get the kids off to school!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #22
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

well...........are they in school yet?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #23
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

Mac- Actually...Yesterday I tried to take them to school, only it looked like a ghost town. They ran up to the building and it was empty- it was an institute day! DS thought his dream had come true!

Monday, day three…
I woke the kids up for AK EMH, and ds thought I was kidding. It was still dark out- he thought it was night time! After much prodding, we got to the bus stop at 7 sharp! Who did we see there? The only other people in the line? Our new Pop Century friends from the previous day! We sat near them on the bus and talked a little more. We came to find out that the man is a retired F14 pilot and now lives and acts in L.A.! This really got ds’s attention, since he always says he wants to be an actor/archaeologist. Now, my suspicious mind was working (and I’ve since verified all of this man’s information via the internet). The BFF was giving ds some acting tips and gave me his card so I could contact him once he got back in L.A., too. Now, your suspicious mind might be working here, but I assure you this man was a total gentleman and never once did I suspect he was hitting on happily married little ‘ole me!
With those details out of the way, back to our AK day.We were there for rope drop, which I’d never seen at AK.

We then made a bee-line for the safari since we didn’t go on it in summer. It was an early, misty morning and the animals were really active. It was awesome!

Okay, this guy is not so active. Typical man...

After that, we went over to EE with our Pop friends and went on it twice, with ds and his BFF waiting once for the front car.
DD and I in front, ds and bff behind us

We then parted ways and my mom took the dcs on “the water ride”. I can happily say I’ve never been nor do I have any desire to walk around soaking wet. I tried to tell my mom what would happen- the dcs would be soaked and miserable. Guess what? For the first 5 seconds after he got off the ride, ds is happy.

And then…he wants to leave. His shoes are squishy. His butt is wet. He was almost in tears. I ended up sitting him on a bench while I dried his sock and shoes in the high powered hand drier! This got a few more rides out of him, including Primevil Whirl. My mom almost got whiplash on it. She declared it “not for old people”!
We went back to the hotel for the afternoon, got lunch in the FC, played in the arcade, and swam.
Reuban flatbread

caesar salad

The dcs found some kids to play ping pong with while my mom and I basked in the toasty sun. We wanted an adult beverage from Petals, but we were too full from lunch. After a little relaxation, it was time to head to DHS.

Next up...Sci-Fi and Diser spotting!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #24
momto1
DIS Veteran

I sure am enjoying this trip report! Love, love the light pictures. That is on my list of to-do soon in WDW. I would have been sobbing, too. I cry every time I see the castle for the 1st time of the trip and when I see the "see you real soon" sign leaving WDW for the last time of the trip.

More, please...
Lori
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto1 View Post
I sure am enjoying this trip report! Love, love the light pictures. That is on my list of to-do soon in WDW. I would have been sobbing, too. I cry every time I see the castle for the 1st time of the trip and when I see the "see you real soon" sign leaving WDW for the last time of the trip.

More, please...
Lori
OMG, momto1 I cry too at those same exact spots!! Actually I think all of us except for DH were crying at the "See Ya Real Soon" sign last time.

Paint - just loving the report so far! How funny that you keep running into that same family.

Ready when you are for the next installment........
Old 01-06-2010, 12:02 AM   #26
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
The croutons in that salad look HUGE!! Yummmmm!!!

My DS can be the same way sometimes after a water ride. He lucked out when we rode the water ride at DCA this past Oct. He's so light that half the time he was lifted off of his seat and missed the water!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

After our sole relaxing afternoon, we went back to DHS to finish up a few attractions and have dinner. We thought about TSM, but we weren’t in the mood to wait and FPs were all gone. I did, however, have a Diser spotting. Heather Sue and her sister, both from MI, I think.

Then,we hit Indiana Jones first and had a great seat 2nd row! We were always so far back during our summer trips- have I mentioned I LOVE the off-season? After the show, ds had to make a purchase he’d been saving up for- an Indiana Jones hat. He already has the whip, which he purchased last summer and subsequently whipped himself with accidentally, but I digress.

We went to see The Muppets 3D show to kill a few minutes before Sci-Fi and then it was ADR time. We waited about 5 minutes before being lead to our car. My mom and I had burgers and shakes. DS had mac and cheese and dd had the kid’s burger. She said it had yucky bits in it and ended up eating the other half of my burger. I then had the pb cake and my mom had the apple crumble. We only had a few bites of each, since there wasn’t any room left after the shakes and burgers!

By this time, dd was getting cranky, so we went back to the hotel and Gma bribed her to stay at the hotel with promises of a candy bar and a bath- if that was all it took to make me happy!
DS and I went over to MK for EMH. The first thing we did was ride Haunted Mansion, which ds says “sends a chill down his spine”- yeah, he’s 9 going on 65 year old man! Then we went on POTC- he is still convinced that Jack is real. Honestly, would you like that job? Peer out of a barrel, look left, look right a million times a day?!? I had been texting with Ds’s bff, so we met them at Space Mountain for ds’s first flight! We pretty much walked on, since the ride had been closed earlier. I’ll have to admit, I was a little worried about ds. He’s a tiny guy, but I am happy to report that he did not fall out at any point!
Note my hands on the seat behind, ready to catch him should he fall out.

Ds and bff- Bff will be appearing in All My Children on 2/4, btw!

After we parted ways, ds and I enjoyed the décor in the semi-empty park. We also had another Diser spotting- Gina and her ds!

After a few photo ops, we packed onto the bus, and I mean packed. The driver had the standees 2 by 2! We were exhausted- everyone was. The bus was fill of sleeping and crying kids and adult zombies. However, as we pulled into Pop, the theme from The Brady Bunch came on, and, softly at first, people started singing along. By the time the bus arrived at the front, everyone was singing along and we all rewarded each other with a round of applause. Where else, besides Disney, would that happen? That’s why I love it there!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #28
HeatherSue

I love POP! We stayed in a 90's building in October. I think it was closer to the buses than when I payed for prefferred rooms! We stayed at All-Star Music in December and it was okay. But, I definitely prefer POP!

You had to point out your rockin' tag, didn't you? I am utterly tagless after almost 6 years. *sniff*

Can I tell you how much I love that fact that you got cheesecake twice in one day? You're my kind of girl!

Test track broke down for at least 10-15 minutes both times we rode it in October! At one point my son and I were stuck in the dark tunnel for a LONG time. The guy next to us got out his phone and started playing Spongebob for my son!

Your food at SAI (I honestly have no idea what that stands for, but I know where it is) looks delicious! I've always wanted to eat there. The atmosphere is so neat!

Laughing at our children is one of the many small pleasures in life!

I'm so glad you said you teared up looking at the Osbourne lights! My sister and I were in absolute awe. It was magical, and so emotional!!

Ooh!! I love your safari pictures with the mist!! That is so cool!

Primevil whirl is also not for 30-somethings, if you ask me.

You know where the good food is!! I'm going to have to follow you around the next time you go to WDW!

Hey, that's ME, and my sister, TeresaJoy!!!! You're right, we're from Michigan- good memory! I just loved your son! He was such a cutie! After he took our picture, he handed my camera back and said "You should look at it. I'm a great photographer." You know what? He was right! The picture he took of us is one of my favorites of the trip! Here is a glimpse of his photographic mastery:

My son also has an Indiana Jones whip. But, it's big and made out of soft fabric. It makes cool- "Wapeesh" noises and plays the Indiana Jones theme song, though!

I love your Space Mountain stance! You're such a mom!

Your son's BFF is very cute!

Awww...that Brady Bunch sing-along makes me all teary. Seriously, where else would that happen? This is why I love Disney!

You write a good TR! I can't wait to read the rest! If you have a few spare hours, go ahead and click on the links to my TRs in my signatures. One is from May 2008 and the other is from January 2009. I'm not planning on writing a TR for the December trip. But, reading yours makes me wish I was!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #29
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
After our sole relaxing afternoon, we went back to DHS to finish up a few attractions and have dinner. We thought about TSM, but we weren’t in the mood to wait and FPs were all gone. I did, however, have a Diser spotting. Heather Sue and her sister, both from MI, I think.
The Brady Bunch came on, and, softly at first, people started singing along. By the time the bus arrived at the front, everyone was singing along and we all rewarded each other with a round of applause. Where else, besides Disney, would that happen? That’s why I love it there!
Hey! That's me!!! I loved meeting you and your adorable son!!!! I also loved the way you screamed

"LIME GREEN MICKEY HEADS!!!!!!"
when you saw us!!!!

Your son is a very good photographer! He reminds me of my son setting up shots like he is holding things! Beware, my son just got an $800 camera, it can be a very expensive addiction!

I too have always wanted to eat at that place in Mexico! It looks so neat! And pretty much what Heather said up there, that's what I was going to say too, but I HAVE a tag, so I'm not jealous.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #30
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Reuban flatbread
How was this? I saw it on the menu board when we were there, but wasn't sure about it.

Great updates!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: