Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

My Box is Here!

It's been a crappy day & this is just what I needed! Now if I can just wait until DH gets home in 30 minutes.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Pics please!!!

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
brewcrew
Mouseketeer

How exciting!
brewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
It's been a crappy day & this is just what I needed! Now if I can just wait until DH gets home in 30 minutes.
Wonderful!! It makes the trip seem "real" now doens't it?

Hope you have a great trip!!!
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
2tinksmom
is your cat female, on the small side with a very chubby tummy, "allows" your kids to sleep in their bed with her, and responds to "Tinky-winky"?

Yea!!! When do you leave and where are you going?
Michele
11/06 Wilderness Lodge
2/07 Grand Floridian 8/07Girl's Only Trip PORS 2/08 Polynesian 5/08ThreeFamilyConvoy/Fort Wilderness 12/09FamilyOnly!/Boardwalk 6/10Girl'sOnlyAKV 8/10 ABDSignatureItaly 12/10Back to the Boardwalk!
2tinksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #6
tchrrx

We leave on June 30 for the Spirit of America trip. I really wish that we had received a more detailed itinerary, but I know that we will learn more upon arrival. I love the backpacks! DD really wanted to bring hers to school today, but I told her she had to wait until vacation!

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
Diskidatheart
Mouseketeer

That's great news. It's funny how that package in the mail gives you that "OMG, we're really going on this trip and it's almost here" feeling!
Diskidatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

That day when you receive the box is when the ABD trip becomes so real! It's one of the best feelings to get that box!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #9
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Woot! I am so sad we cannot do an ABD this year! We have 2 Disney cruises planned for next year so I have to save every ounce of vacay!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Icemann
Dis Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
We leave on June 30 for the Spirit of America trip. I really wish that we had received a more detailed itinerary, but I know that we will learn more upon arrival. I love the backpacks! DD really wanted to bring hers to school today, but I told her she had to wait until vacation!
You guys are going to have such a great time. That was such a fun trip and DD will have a great time at Wolf Lodge and you guys will like all the little special things ABD does for you.You guys will be in DC for the 4th right,people who went last year had a great time at the mall watching the fireworks.Have fun take way to many pictures and don't forget to plan your free time before you leave if you can.We are waiting for our box also I can't wait
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #11
tchrrx

I am actually at the Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas right now. We decided that we would have a mini-trip before our big one next month. Planning free time is the one thing that we really haven't done yet. I have planned the Philly days, but that's about it. In D.C., I know that I want to go to Ford's Theater and spend time at the Smithsonian. I don't know of any special restaurants or even quick serve places that I need to try. And, I haven't even thought about what to do in Williamsburg. Does anyone have suggestions?

Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Touring the buildings at Williamsburg takes time. I'm not sure what they have included in the ABD tour - but going to the kitchen and Governer's Mansion is great. Also, there is some great shopping in near the Historic Part. There's the Trellis Restaurant near the historic part - the guy that owns it used to have the TV show The Burgermiester and Death By Chocolate. They have great deserts! There's Christiana Campbell's Restaurant where you eat by candlelight and have great meal. Not sure how much free time you get - PM me if you need more ideas. My mom went to William and Mary and we lived about an hour away and went quite often when I was growing up. I still go at least once a year to go outlet shopping.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
Icemann
Dis Vet

IMHO more time in Williamsburg would have been fine with us It seemed to us that we needed more time their as we only had one day As for the Smiths yes if you can pick one to go to that will be cool we did Ford Theather and the house across the street and the International Spy Museum.We mostly did all are dining at the host hotels saved us time trying to find a place to eat.
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
HappyGrumpy
DIS Veteran

Are they taking you through the "historic triangle" That would consist of Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown! I live exactly 60 minutes from my driveway to the burg. My husband proposed to me 10 years ago in front of the Governor's Palace and I grew up going up there walking those streets for mini getaways! Has a special place in my heart

Let me know if you have any questions!
HappyGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #15
briano72
Earning My Ears

we were so excited when we got our box
briano72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: