Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

For the Love of Disney - Dec 5-13

Hi everyone! We are back and I'm finally getting a few minutes to get this Trip Report started! We went to Disney December 5- 13 and had THE BEST time! Thanks to all who followed along with my pre-trip report and even tolerated my extended absences from time to time. I hope you'll stick around for the actual trip report too! I'm so grateful for the wonderful people I've met on Dis.

I'm going to include my intro here as well as the individual links to my PTR. And then...begins the fun of the actual trip!

THE CAST

Nikky (Mommy) – I’m the Disney travel agent in our family! I’ve been in love with Mickey since I was a little girl and just can’t get enough. I’ve been to Disney 12 times since I was in 6th grade. I plan and plan and plan, driving my husband completely crazy but he’ll willingly admit it’s my obsessive planning that ensures we have such great Disney vacations. I truly find the planning almost as thrilling as the trip. I work full time as a Financial Analyst at our local hospital and spend most of my time as a devoted soccer Mom (although my girls don’t actually play soccer ). In what little free time I do have I enjoy attending my daughters’ and husband’s sporting events, scrapbooking and planning current and future Disney trips.

Travis (Daddy) – Isn't he cute? I introduced the love of my life to my first love (Mickey) about six months after we started dating. After all, how could I choose to spend my life with someone without first making sure they’d indulge and enable my Disney habit? Unfortunately Travis does not “get” Disney like I do…however; he is 100% supportive and devoted to making his 3 girls happy (as long as I take care of the arrangements). He is a high school math teacher, softball coach and golf coach…I say he only teaches so he can coach. As much as I love and admire him for the career he’s chosen…it really impedes on my Disney planning since the only times I want to go are when school is in session. More on this later…

Hayley (DD13) – Hayley was introduced to Disney World when she was a year old. She’s been 4 times and is a lot like her Mom – can’t get enough. She will be in 8th grade this fall! She’s my sports girl, although she’s the shortest in her class, she’s small and mighty. During the school year she is a cheerleader, plays basketball and volleyball and runs track. In the summer, she plays on 2 softball teams and is the primary reason I’m a soccer Mom (but like I said…no soccer).

Caya (DD5, pronounounced “Kay-uh”) – Caya was introduced to Disney World when she was 6 months old. The sweetest thing you will ever meet until she doesn’t get her way…then watch out! We like to call her our “tomboy princess” if there is such a thing. She’s been known to “dress up” and play softball in high heels and a tutu. We think it ought to help her coordination! She cannot wait to meet the princesses and ride Dumbo and the Coffee Cups (as she calls them). I LOVE that this is all still real to her – makes it real for the rest of us as well. She is on a competitive cheerleading squad that practices 2 nights a week and competes several weekends throughout the year – the secondary reason I’m a soccer Mom (still…no soccer). I do however believe she can start playing soccer on our local rec team this fall. We shall see…maybe I’ll officially get to be a soccer Mom.

Happy – He’s our Shih Tzu puppy. I added him to our profile only because he was named after a Disney character.

PRE-TRIP REPORT - CHAPTER INDEX
HOW THIS TRIP CAME TO BE
PLANS
FAVORITES
PAST TRIPS
PLANS CHANGE (OFTEN APPARENTLY)
PLANS CHANGE (UGH-Gotta check with the boss!)
PLANS CHANGE (The boss' response)
IS THERE A CLASS FOR DISNEY?
HEIGHT CHECK
DISNEY PLANNING BAG
WEEKEND MINI TRIP
A LITTLE SHOPPING
100 DAYS
REAL LIFE INTERUPTIONS
TRAVEL JOURNALS
MORE DISNEY SHOPPING
PAID IN FULL
PACKAGE IN THE MAIL (No, not from Disney)
ITINERARY
PACKING LIST
TO DO LIST

TRIP REPORT - CHAPTER INDEX
DEC 4 - THE DAY BEFORE
DEC 5 - ARRIVAL
DEC 5 - DISNEY STUDIOS
DEC 5 - MAGIC KINGDOM
DEC 5 - POLYNESIAN
DEC 6 - BREAKFAST
DEC 6 - EPCOT
DEC 6 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 1
DEC 6 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 2
DEC 6 - SWIMMING
FUTURE TRIP? NOPE, NOT FOR AWHILE!
DEC 7 - ANIMAL KINGDOM
DEC 7 - EVENING FUN AT POLY
DEC 8 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 1
DEC 8 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 2
DEC 8 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 3
DEC 8 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 4
DEC 9 - REST DAY - BREAKFAST @ OHANA
DEC 9 - REST DAY - SWIMMING & MAGIC KINGDOM
DEC 10 - DISNEY STUDIOS - PART 1
DEC 10 - DISNEY STUDIOS - PART 2 - LUNCH @ HOLLYWOOD & VINE
DEC 10 - DISNEY STUDIOS - PART 3
DEC 10 - DOWNTOWN DISNEY
DEC 11 - MAGIC KINGDOM - BREAKFAST @ CRYSTAL PALACE
DEC 11 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 2
DEC 11 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 3
DEC 11 - MAGIC KINGDOM - PART 4
DEC 11 - EPCOT & WHAT I'D BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL WEEK
DEC 12 - BREAKFAST AT 1900 PARK FARE
DEC 12 - EPCOT - FUTURE WORLD
DEC 12 - EPCOT - WORLD SHOWCASE
DEC 13 - GOING HOME

Last edited by beyondblessed; 07-18-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
gellybean
DIS Veteran

Am I first? Am I first?!

I think I am!!

YAY!! Glad you're starting your TR! Can't wait to follow along!

Read all about our special needs, miracle daughter Violet @ http://youjustmightfindyougetwhatyouneed.blogspot.com/

September 2012 PTR - I actually just squealed with excitement!! We are going back! Baby girl's 1st trip!! Nemo Suite at AoA
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4th - The Day Before!

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4th - The Day Before!

***Some of this was previously written, sorry, hope you can follow along!***

The morning started off as normal. Quick breakfast of cinnamon toast and milk (had to use the last of the milk and bread ), got ready and out the door by 7:00. Trav took the girls with him and I headed to work. I’m leaving in about 15 minutes (can’t get anything done anyway). I have to head to the bank on my way home. I need to check my ginormous packing list and finish zipping up the suitcases. I checked in online this morning with air tran and only paid for one checked bag…I’m probably going to have to add another. I also have to finish the load of towels I threw in this morning, run the dishwasher, clean the bathrooms and vacuum (I have to come home to a clean house…especially, since I have to go back to work the day after we get home! boo)

Well, all of that actually happened (except the going to the bank part). I picked the girls up at 3, ran home and finished a couple last minute packing things and Travis was home by 3:30. We backed the expedition into the garage and filled the back. We had the stroller, 1 huge suitcase (to check), 4 carry-on suitcases, 2 backpacks, 1 messenger bag (Caya) and my tote bag. Thank God my sister-in-law is going to pick up our pets later tonight because we would not have had room for the rabbit cage. We all put on our comfy clothes (that we can also sleep in) and headed to the truck. Travis had already gotten the oil changed and filled up with gas so we didn’t have to worry about that. We stopped at the bank and withdrew some more cash! We drove through McDonald’s (our 1st vacation meal) and were finally on the rode by 5:15. Everything always takes longer than I want it to (so how is it that a vacation flies by in the blink of an eye???).

We both called our Mom’s to let them know we were officially on the road. What is that…it doesn’t matter how old we get, we both still feel the need to call our Mom’s before we leave town, as soon as we arrive at our destination and again once we’re safely back at home. I don’t think there is anyone in this world more excited about this trip than my Mom. She knows exactly how much this means to me and exactly how much we need this. I sooo wish she could come along.

We stopped at the Walmart in Brownsburg, IN just before you get on the loop. Travis had to grab some razor blades and I needed some shave gel. We hopped back in the truck and were at our hotel by 7:30pm CST/8:30 EST. We stayed at the new Hampton Inn & Suites right by the new airport. It was very nice and brand new – love that! They offered the park-sleep-fly thing where we were able to stay there and leave our car while we were gone. The shuttled us to and from the airport. I highly recommend this to anyone tossing around the idea. So convenient.

We brought in all of our luggage so we’d have it in the morning. I did a little reorganizing/repacking, Travis gave Caya a bath and Hayley took a shower and worked on homework before heading to bed. It was midnight before we actually had the lights and tv turned off (after watching a little bit of the Tiger Woods scandal updates-haha). We were just “too excited to sleep”!!! Sleep does come eventually – I’m sure we all dreamed of the wonderful things to come over the next 9 days! Oh Walt, we sure do LOVE YOU! ZZZzzzzzzzz

(This is actually Caya on the way home but I deleted the picture of her on the way there and it looked almost identical to the one I took on the way home!)

UP NEXT: DECEMBER 5 - ARRIVAL

Last edited by beyondblessed; 12-27-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!
Great start. Looks like you guys were off to a great start.
The sleeping picture of Caya is priceless. Both girls are beautiful.
Can't wait to hear more.
Suscribing.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

I'm here!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Great start! Cant wait to read more!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! I'm here Nikky!! Can't wait to read more!!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I'm in, and love it so far!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #11
MeMom
DIS Veteran

You have a beautiful family. I look forward to reading along on your report.

We're leaving this weekend for a post-Christmas/New Year's trip, so anything we see on your report this week will fuel our excitement.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here too, can't wait for more!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I'm here too and subscribed! Looking forward to the next edition.
September 2010 PTR

Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!!!! I can't wait for more!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
lillylynnb
Mouseketeer

Im here cant wait to read more !!!

Nov 2011 - Disney Dream
Sep 2010 - All Star Sports
Aug 2009 - We're going back home CBR