Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
CAMUT
Earning My Ears

Location of "good" room at gf??

I just made reservation at GF with PIN discount for garden view room. Are any locations less acceptable than others? Can I ask for specific area? Any suggestions? Thank you.
CAMUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I have the same question. Trying to figure out what to request.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I had a nice garden view in Conch Key that faced the marina, we could see part of the lagoon and the monorail in the distance.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
michelle1
DIS Veteran

We have only stayed once at the GF ( and loved it! ) but our room was in Boca Chica and I loved the location. It was close to everything but really close to the pool and hot tub. We had a MK view thanks to a CM for upgrading us but I think the rooms facing the pool might be garden view.
michelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
AimeeMichele
Mouseketeer

We had a lagoon view room in Big Pine Key, however the other side of that building all overlooks the pool or foliage. I thought the building location was perfect! You're super close to both pools, the main building, monorail, buses and Gasparilla's Grill is only a short walk away. When we go back we are going to request that building since we really did think it was the perfect building for us. No matter what, I'm sure it will be terriffic. I fell head over heels in love with the GF and am counting down the days until I get to go back. October can't get here soon enough!
AimeeMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
jcriket
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure there is a bad view, just depends on what you want to look out your window and see. We didn't request and got a pool view, the other views might be an upgrade. (the lake, marina, Magic kingdom)
Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Some of the marina views are considered garden views. All the inner courtyard and pool views are.

If you take a look at the GF map (posted on the GF thread), you can see where the buildings are located and that may help you to make your request.

If you like to be near the pools and the lobby, then Boca Chica and Big Pine Key would be best.

If you want a marina view and to be near the 24-hour QS place, then choose something on that side.

Good luck! I think that the GF is a wonderful place to stay and the gardens are very pretty to look at!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
Disney Fool

The name says it all

I don't think the GF has a "bad view". The grounds are always beautiful. I personally like Big Pine Key with a water view--that's the view looking towards the poly and the ferry. The courtyard views are nice too. All the buildings are either facing the courtyard with the pools or facing water. You will love staying there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: