Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #31
wicket2005
Hasn't got a clue what a tag is
Christmassyfyed, yes I have had a glass of wine judging by that spelling

Thanks for the updates I enjoyed Reading them.
wicket2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:13 AM   #32
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Fab trip report

I only just found your trip report and its fab !!!
I love reading about citywalk at night as thats something that DH and I alwas say we would like to do but got a good few years till our kids are old enough to be left - Im still picking up tips on the best places to go though

Cant wait to read more

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #33
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

A huuuggee thanks to everyone for reading and posting to my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
I always wondered how the 'actors' got picked - so how lucky were you!! I hope they gave you a towel to dry off

Sounds like another fab day - again, I haven't been Sci Fi - just never fancied it - but reading a few reports it sounds like fun - something my DD would enjoy.

Looking forward to some more.
Luckily the big blue suits we were given to wear were enough to keep 3 of us dry - but Roy who 'played' the engineer (who gets the big bucket load of water on him) was soaked through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
hey really enjoying your trip reports, love the photos, your itinerary is really similiar to me and my bf's going in july, can't wait...your calendar is a good idea...i've been reading the park maps before bed for months now!!!
Have a great trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISWolves View Post
We are hoping to Sci-Fi next year - thanks for the warning of the temp You certainly covered a lot in a day
I can't believe how much we managed to get done and it didn't feel like we were rushing / commando style at all after we did TSM in the morning - we were just lucky I guess that the crowds were so low!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket2005 View Post
Thanks for the updates I enjoyed Reading them.
Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post
I only just found your trip report and its fab !!!
I love reading about citywalk at night as thats something that DH and I alwas say we would like to do but got a good few years till our kids are old enough to be left - Im still picking up tips on the best places to go though

Cant wait to read more
Plenty more City Walk shenanigans to follow! It really is great there at night!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #34
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Day 5 / Part 1 - Typhoon Lagoon

Saturday October 24th - Typhoon Lagoon

After a good nights sleep we got up all refreshed after a tiring first few days.

We decided to visit Ponda Rosa breakfast buffet beside our hotel by Wet and Wild for breakfast before we headed out today. When Scott and Leanne were in Florida as kids they ate here a lot and consequently bigged it up majorly.

Well maybe it was the inch thick dust on the counters where the food was being served, the disgusting tea and coffee or the bad service (I could go on but there really is no need - you get the picture) but this place was soo bad - obviously its went downhill!! I couldn't believe the queues to eat here when this was all it was..! We actually found a place called Sizzlers about 5 doors down, with no queue, and about the same price as Ponda Rosa (again it was a breakfast buffet, same idea as ponda rosa) but it was significantly better there!

Anyway after a not so great breakfast we headed towards Typhoon Lagoon - we were only able to scheduled in time for one of the Disney Waterparks for this trip and after much consideration TL was agreed upon - majorly because of the wave pool.

We got in, got our lockers, and roy got some new flip flops after forgetting his.

We managed to get a great spot by the wave pool and set our towels down before going to explore. It was really pretty here. Luckily we had plenty of sun cream on - today was actually the hottest day of our trip and im quite sure it was up there in heat records for October in Orlando.

We started with something light and a go on the lazy river.

Well... Lazy Til I ended up in the waterfalls...

We then did some of the flumes where we could all fit in the raft before heading to the wave pool

The guys then went on the big flume, i can't remember its name, but big flumes like those just scare me so much!

We then did the Crush n Gushers which were all great! Then went to the Shark Experience, which was amazing! soo cold when you first get in but you get used to it real quick! The first time was good to get used to it - but we saw much more the second time and I got a little freaked out but felt so brave afterwards

We then had one more go in the wave pool... well i sat out and sunbathed for most of it and just enjoyed the little beach area and the sun and my own peace and quiet for a little while.

hehe.

We then got packed up and showered, great shower / dressing areas there. Went into the shop so I could pick up a pin and then headed into the car for our first trip to MK!!

Next: Our Afternoon and Evening in MK!

Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #35
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Day 5 / Part 2 - MK and Wishes Dessert Party

After our great morning/early afternoon at TL we were off to MK for the first time in this trip - and for Roy and I, the first time ever

I was sooo excited that finally we'd see the castle - the essential symbol of WDW! I really can't believe we'd done so much stuff before we came here!

Anyway the only aim for today was to enjoy the dessert party - the rest of the time we would just go with the flow, take our time, relax, chill out. It was a Saturday and MK was going to be pretty busy (we'd planned to return again on a quieter day)... anyway - you can be the judge on how 'easy' we took it (or not)

We drove to the TTA and chose to take the monorail to MK

Oh my gosh the castle is getting closer!!!

And then we went through the gates..

I'll just mention now my little sunbathing session gave me hillarious tan lines which are so noticeable in the dress I was wearing! oh well We all have rosy cheeks in the pictures!

Anyway we were taking our time enjoying all the sites for the first time, taking pictures and such.

We were SO hungry at this point too as we hadn't ate since breakfast - but we had decided to wait til now to eat - having a late lunch/early dinner would be good for us as we could make the most of the desserts at the party without being full. We decided to eat at Caseys - id read about it on the DISboards and it seemed like a great CS to head to! So off we went!

This next picture is when we FIRST saw the castle, I was actually tearing up at this point as i was just beyond happy, the sun was shining, I was in MK and I was there with the love of my life!! Roys face in the background of this picture is hillarious as he's looking at the Castle in awe!

So in Caseys we all went with the hot dog/fries and shared a bucket of corn dog nuggets

What i didn't realise about Caseys - and what I absolutely LOVE about it, is the location - when we were sitting outside, we were just looking at the castle - just right in front of us! Really just Perfect!

The food there was yummy too! I would definately go back.

We did try to just stop / savour / relax... but there was so much to do here that we hadn't done before!! So we went up closer to the castle , half watched the dream along with mickey show and half took some more pictures

Dont quite know what Scotts doing here - but check out his own little mickey ears!

Continued in next post...

Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #36
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Once we were able to tear ourselves away from the Castle we headed to Frontierland - Splash Mountain was nearby!

We picked up FPs for BTMRR and joined the giant queue for Splash Mountain which took about an hour. The FPs for Splash were all for later on at night and we were all really excited about riding it and wanted on it ASAP. It was one of the few waits we actually had in Disney though, as we were usually at parks for rope drop / FP utilising pro's thanks to the advice on here! The hour went by fast anyway and all the little things in the queue were great and we just said for about an hour 'wow its amazing here!'

Splash Mountain.. well amazing! I sang along and actually got really scared just before the big drop! But after the first time its really not as bad as it looks! All the times we went on this ride we realised in the big drop - rows 1 and 2 get wet, but rows 3 and 4 dont - however, its just luck if you get wet with those cannons at the start!

We then used our FP for BTMRR which was dissapointing after being on the Paris version

Walking out of Frontier land we stopped in by the country bear jamboree! Hehe cute show

We then managed to walk right on HM! At the graveyard bit, something popped up and Scott got such a fright - i looked after him though! I was really impressed with our visiting ghost friend too !!

As we left HM it was all of a sudden pitch dark! and we just had a little while til we could get in to our dessert party. We explored tomorrowland a little, and grabbed a FP to do Buzz after fireworks and also rode the TTA (i dont know why but i loved that ride!)

So we headed to our desserts and got an amazing table that had been covered with mickey confetti! heres our pics from the party

Being able to watch wishes, with a great view, a glass of milk and a cookie, not in a big crowd of people and cozied up was amazing Wishes was beyond my expectations.

After we were all done here, and full of desserts, we went on Buzz (I won )

Queued for far too long to get on Astro Orbiters (but it was fun, if a bit SCARY! )

Went to see Monsters Inc, which was hillarious and Roy actually got chosen by one of the female monsters who had a crush on him and started singing a new song about roy and scotland.

We then managed to catch the last Stitch ride of the night. What a bizarre ride indeed.

We went through some of the shops on the way out - and i used money i got for my birthday from my grandparents to buy a mickey mouse head charm from uptown jewellers - i was between two of them for so long before choosing but i'm glad with my decision (even if it did break when i got home but Disney Merchandise were amazing about it and sent me a replacement - ill be getting this charm Soldered and everything onto my charm bracelet in the next couple weeks)

Had a little seat beside Goofy before leaving, and kicked myself a little for not making ADRs at Tony's as despite some of the negative responses on the DISboards about this restaurant i just love Lady and the Tramp so much!! I did try to get some online for the days we'd be back at MK but no luck! Next time!

Next : Photopass Pictures from MK.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #37
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

fantastic update!!!

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #38
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Great day - I love TTA too - I think because you can relax & have 40 winks
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #39
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Love your report so far
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #40
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

i'm adding wishes dessert party to my research list...loving the trip report...hoping there's another installment tomorro to cheer me up on my 1st day back to work after xmas...!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #41
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran

Here's our Photopass pictures from this evening at MK, I shouldn't really give a proper update for a little bit - I have an exam coming up next week so I need to revise revise revise. But once thats done i'll get this back going again - next day is Nasa, so I might need Scott to help me with that one as I didn't really understand what was going on the entire day

Thanks again everyone for reading!

Us at the Dessert Party (there was a Photopass photographer there)

And then some pics of us at the end of the night :

Love this one:

Oh and i almost forgot, during our trip Scott got into spotting hidden mickeys, he wanted me to post this picture from Rafikis Planet Watch in AK - he says its his best hidden mickey find of the trip and wants it to be included in the trip report (I forgot to do this in the AK day - oops)

Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #42
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the exam

We'll still be here when you've finished - waiting for some more
Old 01-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #43
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

What an impressive first trip report! Congratulations. I've read it all today and have very much enjoyed it. I'll be looking for the continuation after the exams (Good Luck with those). And as it's fresh on my mind, let me say that I hope you do book an ADR at Tony's for your next trip. I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy it. Tony's has been one of my favorites through the years and I'm always a little mystified and saddened when every now and then someone writes they were disappointed there. I suppose that might be chalked up to differences in taste (literally). One of Disney's strengths is variety. We might not like everything there, but we'll almost surely like something. Regards to your traveling companions. How smart of you to choose such amiable co-conspirators.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #44
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am really enjoying your reviews
You all look so happy in the pictures and you are really getting across the excitment of a first visit
Good luck with your exam
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #45
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
You all look so happy in the pictures and you are really getting across the excitment of a first visit
I was just about to post the same thing! It's great how happy you guys look.

Looking forward to reading more!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: