Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #151
Momma Rabbit
May all your Birthdays be very happy!!

I hope I'm posting this in the correct area. We've done a rough estimate of what our cost would be do pay out of pocket or go with the dining plan and it looks like the dining plan wins.

From what I'm reading, we would have to purchase a one day basic ticket in order to add dining? Since, my husband is active duty, we were planning on purchasing the 4 day $99 military tickets. I guess there is no way around this?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #152
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you're eligible for the military room discount, you can add the dining plan to that offer without purchasing tickets as part of a package.
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #153
Momma Rabbit
May all your Birthdays be very happy!!

Thank so much for your quick reply. It looks like I'll be calling to try and change our reservation.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 AM   #154
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

Qs

Can you use credits on the day u check out if you have any left?

Last edited by H20DogsNDisney; 02-08-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #155
dpmfloyd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
Can you use credits on the day u check out if you have any left?
yes. i did this. i had 4 snack credits left (it was just me and my girlfriend) and we managed to save one counter service each. if you have snack credits, use them at the confectionary!! i came home with 2 pieces of fudge, one rice crisy treat and one Mega Cupcake!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #156
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Unused credits expire at midnight after you check out.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #157
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

That is so good to know. I was wondering the same thing. We are coming in Nov/Dec and staying 9 nights. We are doing 7 days in park and 1 day at Seaworld. Check-in and Check-out day are for DTD for us! It is good to know that we can eat before we hit the road for the drive back home!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #158
yesmylove
Mouseketeer

If I am an AP holder and need to buy a one day base ticket to get the free dinning, is this one day ticket given to you to use another time and is not attached to a room key, and can you give this one day ticket to someone else?
Thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #159
Ash&Wes07
If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right...

Two quick questions:
Are all entree items fair-game on the basic DDP? Or, do they exclude some of the more expensive items (Like $30 steak dinners at LeCellier or the fillet entree at Teppan Edo)?

At a TS place, are you able to order an appetizer/soup/salad or something and pay out of pocket at the same time you use a DDP credit for the entree/dessert, or do they create a seperate tab for this?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #160
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmylove View Post
If I am an AP holder and need to buy a one day base ticket to get the free dinning, is this one day ticket given to you to use another time and is not attached to a room key, and can you give this one day ticket to someone else?
Thanks
It's usually also coded on your room key. You can either keep the room key and use it later, or have the ticket removed from the key and put on a Tyvek ticket. I believe you need to go to a Guest Services at a park or DTD to have that done.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #161
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash&Wes07 View Post
Two quick questions:
Are all entree items fair-game on the basic DDP? Or, do they exclude some of the more expensive items (Like $30 steak dinners at LeCellier or the fillet entree at Teppan Edo)?
Yes, these are all included.

Quote:
At a TS place, are you able to order an appetizer/soup/salad or something and pay out of pocket at the same time you use a DDP credit for the entree/dessert, or do they create a seperate tab for this?
You can order anything you wish. Any off-plan items will be put on a separate check.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #162
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Hi, and thanks for compiling all this info and helping all of us with questions!!

We hope to make it down for a few nights in May for my bday , and possibly again in Sept or Oct for F&WF , but definitely next Jan for hubby's bday! And I'm contemplating getting the DDP for the first time in May. AACK! So many details and options!!!!

So my DDP questions are to confirm my assumptions:
1) The purchase of 10-day no-expiration tickets would work on the May trip, packaged with room, in order to qualify for the DDP? and
2) If we do get to come later this year and/or next Jan, we would have to buy at least a 1-day tik with the room package to get DDP for each stay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
Old 02-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #163
seadd67
DIS Veteran

We decided to go to the DDP,because It It gives us a little more felxabilty In eating at DTD. We always goto Rainforest cafe(both at DTD and AK),T-rex and House of blues. and we will end up still paying the diffrence In cost between the DDP and DxDP. Because I want to take advantage of all that those places give us from the meals to the apptiziers and desserts. My question If I goto our local Disney store and get a gift card can I use It at all the restraunts Includeing DTD?.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #164
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
We decided to go to the DDP,because It It gives us a little more felxabilty In eating at DTD. We always goto Rainforest cafe(both at DTD and AK),T-rex and House of blues. and we will end up still paying the diffrence In cost between the DDP and DxDP. Because I want to take advantage of all that those places give us from the meals to the apptiziers and desserts. My question If I goto our local Disney store and get a gift card can I use It at all the restraunts Includeing DTD?.
No you can only use a Disney gift card at Disney owned restaurants
Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
Old 02-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #165
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
1) The purchase of 10-day no-expiration tickets would work on the May trip, packaged with room, in order to qualify for the DDP?
As long as the tickets and the room are purchased as part of a package, it makes no difference at all what type of ticket you buy.

Quote:
2) If we do get to come later this year and/or next Jan, we would have to buy at least a 1-day tik with the room package to get DDP for each stay?
Yes, you need to buy the one day tickets to make the reservation a package. Unless you are an annual passholder or eligible for the military discount you can't get a package to which you can add dining unless you buy more tickets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: