Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #616
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home
 
bellemeeko1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have rechecked today and there is nothing in the Cast procedures section which states that the passes cannot be activated after September 26.


unfortunately we dont have access to that and when I went to the site that was given to me by Ronda Kendell WDW Online Communications it states that there is a deadline....I know you have mentioned that there are many sites out there that have incorrect info, but this site is www.disneyworld.com/military so now do I believe this site since it was given to me by a CM? It just gets more confusing as the days go by...and like someone else posted (new one on boards) about the military vouchers and having an issue I would like to avoid that as much as possible. Im thinking before I get my tickets I will have SOG call over and make sure it ended on the 26th...day before we arrive. if it did then oh well we tried and will get the other tickets if not then we luck out and get the $99.... just wish things werent so confusing sometimes.
__________________
Cat mom of 4 guys (26,24,22,19) married 27yrs to a Ret. AFNG MstrSgt and a civy cop
1986,90,92 off property

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #617
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
DTD will work at Guest Services right next to Gihardellis IIRC.
Re: ticket activation.

What about at the Disney Quest ticket window?

Thanks.
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #618
disneymoon95
Mouseketeer
 
disneymoon95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
Re: ticket activation.

What about at the Disney Quest ticket window?

Thanks.

This is where we have always activated ours.
disneymoon95 is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #619
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymoon95 View Post
This is where we have always activated ours.
Thanks!
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline  
Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #620
stm61
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellemeeko1 View Post
unfortunately we dont have access to that and when I went to the site that was given to me by Ronda Kendell WDW Online Communications it states that there is a deadline....I know you have mentioned that there are many sites out there that have incorrect info, but this site is www.disneyworld.com/military so now do I believe this site since it was given to me by a CM? It just gets more confusing as the days go by...and like someone else posted (new one on boards) about the military vouchers and having an issue I would like to avoid that as much as possible. Im thinking before I get my tickets I will have SOG call over and make sure it ended on the 26th...day before we arrive. if it did then oh well we tried and will get the other tickets if not then we luck out and get the $99.... just wish things werent so confusing sometimes.
Disney stops selling the tickets on Aug 31st. They'll activate them through Sept, but you can't buy them in Sept.
stm61 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #621
bellemeeko1
Shades of Green our home away from home
 
bellemeeko1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by stm61 View Post
Disney stops selling the tickets on Aug 31st. They'll activate them through Sept, but you can't buy them in Sept.


yes I know this part what seems to be the problem is some of us have read you cant activate the tickets after Sept 26th while others say you can.....
__________________
Cat mom of 4 guys (26,24,22,19) married 27yrs to a Ret. AFNG MstrSgt and a civy cop
1986,90,92 off property

Shades of Green 94,96,98,2000,2004,2006,2007,2008,2008,2009,2010,2 0100,2011,2012

2002CR 2009CBR 2011WL 2013 FW

bellemeeko1 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #622
wlesage69
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3

Military to Military

Sorry if this topic has already been answered. I am active duty and my wife is a activated reservist. Can we get 12 tickets total or is it 6 per household? Also, can I activate the tickets in the downtown disney area? Thank you.

Last edited by wlesage69; 08-14-2010 at 04:25 PM.
wlesage69 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #623
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment
 
Cheshire Figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Poinciana, FL (20 miles to WDW)
Posts: 38,499

If each of you have an active duty ID card each of you are entitled to upo to six tickets. But they cannot be purchased after August 31 and must be used by September 30. And you should be able to buy and activate the tickets at a Guest Relations Office in DTD.
__________________
41 WDW Stays Totaling 321 nights between 1987 and mid-2003. (When "commuting" from Northern Virginia.)

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #624
wlesage69
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
If each of you have an active duty ID card each of you are entitled to upo to six tickets. But they cannot be purchased after August 31 and must be used by September 30. And you should be able to buy and activate the tickets at a Guest Relations Office in DTD.
I just wanted to make sure we were entitled to 6 tickets per ID card and not per household. Our base ticket office sold them to us but after reading this thread I was confused about the “or spouse” clause. Thank you for the quick reply.

FYI...The newest version of the "military ID cards" no longer identifies the military member’s status (i.e. Active Duty, reservist, or guard).
wlesage69 is offline  
Old 08-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #625
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran
 
alaskanabbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 951

Does WDW do a similar program every year? We want to go in March of next year and are wondering if we should hold out to make our plans. If so, when do they usually announce it?
__________________
Amber and Mike proud parents of
DS-22 DS-19 DS-17 DD-17 DS-14DD 10
James PTR-http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2397705
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 12:35 AM   #626
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Does WDW do a similar program every year? We want to go in March of next year and are wondering if we should hold out to make our plans. If so, when do they usually announce it?
This is only the second year they've had it.

For both this year and last year, they announced it in the end of December (I think).

But, they may announce it this Monday (with the rumored discounts), they may announce it in Dec, they may announce it next Spring, or they may not even be one next year.

Sorry this post is so unhelpful. Best advice: keep checking the DIS. The moment it is announced (if there is one), it'll be posted here.
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #627
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran
 
alaskanabbott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 951

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
This is only the second year they've had it.

For both this year and last year, they announced it in the end of December (I think).

But, they may announce it this Monday (with the rumored discounts), they may announce it in Dec, they may announce it next Spring, or they may not even be one next year.

Sorry this post is so unhelpful. Best advice: keep checking the DIS. The moment it is announced (if there is one), it'll be posted here.
Thanks, it was actually helpful ....we'll keep our fingers crossed for tomorrow though!
__________________
Amber and Mike proud parents of
DS-22 DS-19 DS-17 DD-17 DS-14DD 10
James PTR-http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2397705
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #628
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,730

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanabbott View Post
Does WDW do a similar program every year? We want to go in March of next year and are wondering if we should hold out to make our plans. If so, when do they usually announce it?
I've been holding out on buying our tickets for our Food & Wine Fest trip this October. Ever hopeful that they might extend to Dec. I'll probably hold out until mid-Sept and then buy regular tickets
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #629
2BEKs
Mouseketeer
 
2BEKs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 168

2 Questions

Hi everyone!

We leave Tues for FL but sadly 2 members of our party can't make it. Is there anywhere "legal" to post this info to see if anyone else wants to purchase them?

Also, can you take a look at my schedule and see how this looks... we're going to add the WP&More option when we activate the tickets...

19 - DHS
20 - WP and Quest
21 - MK
22 - WP and Quest
23 - Epcot
24 - AK

THANKS!!
__________________
Me: (the DIS addict!)

DH: (except his boat is a big grey one!)

DD8: (excited about everything!)

DS6: (Celebrating Bday #7 at the MK!)

2BEKs is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #630
2BEKs
Mouseketeer
 
2BEKs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
DTD will work at Guest Services right next to Gihardellis IIRC.
anyone know the hours of operation for this office??

i want to get them activated on the 18th in the EVENING... or REALLY early AM... so that we are good to hit RD at DHS on the 19th.

Make sense?
__________________
Me: (the DIS addict!)

DH: (except his boat is a big grey one!)

DD8: (excited about everything!)

DS6: (Celebrating Bday #7 at the MK!)

2BEKs is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
September 2010 Code Watch... WriteDisney Disney Discount Codes and Rates 218 06-24-2010 01:47 PM
Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3 DisneyVegas1 Disney Cruise Meets 4361 02-04-2010 03:09 PM
The Official January 2010 Car Rental Thread mdurette Transportation 216 01-23-2010 02:43 PM
January 14, 2010 3 night Wonder tinkerbelle77 Disney Cruise Meets 142 01-20-2010 09:32 PM
2010 Marathon Weekend Program PDF available :) DianeL Events/Competition 13 12-24-2009 09:33 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: