Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #526
sammi6
Walt Disney World is One of the Bare Necessities of Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingMingsMom View Post
So I'm right? The waterpark & more option has nothing to do with the actual 4 day ticket(with hopper upgrade) even if its on the same ticket, it's like a different ticket.....did that make sense?

You are right, last time we went the water parks did not take a day off our passes. We spent one day at Typhoon Lagoon and then that night at Disney Quest and it didn't take off any of our days.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #527
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

in all honesty I really don't know,all I can tell you is what the CM explained to me. I mean think about it,why would you pay extra money for a water park to use it in the place of a regular day, makes no sense specially since a reg. day at the water park is less then a regular park anyway, know what I mean?!
I know if I pd. the $99 for a day at the park and added $25 for a water park day, I darn sure wouldn't waste a whole $124 for a day at the water park...
like I said the Math doesn't add up or make sense in what Shades of Green are saying.
I'd call and take to a CM see what they say,then call again and talk to another CM...just to try and verify! Only thing I can think of...Good Luck!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #528
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
in all honesty I really don't know,all I can tell you is what the CM explained to me. I mean think about it,why would you pay extra money for a water park to use it in the place of a regular day, makes no sense specially since a reg. day at the water park is less then a regular park anyway, know what I mean?!
Sense is not a pre-requisite of employment in many clerical jobs. And if you try to have a sensible conversation with someone who is senseless, it is hopeless and senseless. That is why you must trust your gut and ask another person, then maybe even another person, until you find one who does possess some sense.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #529
dd50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, I've read this thread forwards and backwards........I just want someone to tell me I'm right.....
Here's what I'm understanding....
For $99 plus $25....we can park hop at the 4 major parks for 4 days.
For another $25 we can add 4 entries to the water parks. So if we spend a whole day at a water park and don't visit a major park, we still have our 4 days at major parks right? And 3 water park entries....right?
So, here we are 10 days out and my neice decides to call Shades of Green to verify this(probably actually to verify me) and they tell her no, that i am wrong. I'm wrong??? But, I'm not.....right??? They said a water park entry would count towards the days. WTH?
No, they are wrong and you are right. If you go to MK and decide to go to a water park the same day then you will be charged for both. You have 4 uses of the major and minor parks. Bet if you call again you will get a different answer.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #530
Brizite76
Mouseketeer

I am the spouse of a military member who is currently deployed. I was able to purchase the $99 tickets for myself and my 8 year-old daughter at our base MWR/ITT office today.
My question is about upgrading these to park hoppers. We are staying at the Yacht Club and will be entering Epcot through the International Gateway entrance on our first day. Can I add the hopper option at this entrance? Also, I am the only one with a military ID card, since my daughter is only 8 and the military does not require children younger than 10 to have a military ID. Is this going to present a problem for her or are the CMs at the gates aware of this policy?

Last edited by Brizite76; 07-15-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #531
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizite76 View Post
I am the spouse of a military member who is currently deployed. I was able to purchase the $99 tickets for myself and my 8 year-old daughter at our base MWR/ITT office today.
My question is about upgrading these to park hoppers. We are staying at the Yacht Club and will be entering Epcot through the International Gateway entrance on our first day. Can I add the hopper option at this entrance? Also, I am the only one with a military ID card, since my daughter is only 8 and the military does not require children younger than 10 to have a military ID. Is this going to present a problem for her or are the CMs at the gates aware of this policy?
The only ID they will need is yours for activating these tickets. I was never asked for IDs for anyone else in my party and just had to have their names and possibly birthdates. Not sure on activating at that gate though as we have activated ours at the Guest Services in Downtown Disney both years. It was quite easy to activate them and the CMs are great.

You can also add the park hopper option on when you get there. That is what we did last year. This year we bought teh tickets at Shades of Green and added it there but still had to activate them at DTD.

Have Fun!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #532
MingMingsMom
Earning My Ears

Thanks and big hugs to everyone who replied. You all made me feel so much better even though I KNEW I was right!!!
Nine more days!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #533
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Okay, I've read this thread forwards and backwards........I just want someone to tell me I'm right.....
Here's what I'm understanding....
For $99 plus $25....we can park hop at the 4 major parks for 4 days.
For another $25 we can add 4 entries to the water parks. So if we spend a whole day at a water park and don't visit a major park, we still have our 4 days at major parks right? And 3 water park entries....right?
So, here we are 10 days out and my neice decides to call Shades of Green to verify this(probably actually to verify me) and they tell her no, that i am wrong. I'm wrong??? But, I'm not.....right??? They said a water park entry would count towards the days. WTH?
You are correct!! We just returned and that is exactly how it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizite76 View Post
Yes--you can upgrade at any Guest Relations/Ticket window--only you need the ID,too.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #534
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I know that I only have to ask for ID when I am activating the tickets. If a person comes to my window with base or hopper tickets that have already been activated and wants to add WPF&M I only ask for money, not ID.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 07-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #535
Brizite76
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone who replied. We will be there in 14 days and I get a little nervous about any probs that might arise You have all made me feel much better!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #536
mousireid
It still haunts me to this day....what I did for a Klondike bar!

Did anyone use their military tickets TWICE? We used our four for the year but with two $99 tickets left, we were wondering if you are allowed to use them, i.e. DH, myself, DS and DD used once and now have two unused tickets left - can DH and myself use those for the next trip, next month?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #537
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes. You can use the other two Military Salute tickets. Maximum for any Service Member is six. And if you are bringing the kids with you, you can get them their normal military discounted tickets at MRW/ITT/SoG.

And I recently had a Service Member come up to my window to activate Military Salute tickets and when I looked him up I saw the record showed he already had six tickets activated. I asked him about it and he said "well my wife had bought them". Unfortunately I could do nothing to help him other than sell him full-price tickets and suggest he attempt to get a refund on the non-activated tickets.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #538
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

My BF is purchasing these tix for her family to use. She's the military member with the ID and purchasing at ITT. Does she have to take everyone to DTD with her to activate the tix? I called SOG and they said yes, but I wanted to clarify. If she purchases 4 tix will she be able to activate all 4 and what else does she need to take to GS at DTD?

Thank you for the great thread

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
Old 07-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #539
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFERBABE View Post
My BF is purchasing these tix for her family to use. She's the military member with the ID and purchasing at ITT. Does she have to take everyone to DTD with her to activate the tix? I called SOG and they said yes, but I wanted to clarify. If she purchases 4 tix will she be able to activate all 4 and what else does she need to take to GS at DTD?

Thank you for the great thread
whenever we've bought tickets at the ITT, when we activated them we have to show DH's ID and any dependents over 12,so we show mine, DS(18) and DD(12), and they were with us,we got the impression that they had to be present, hope this helps!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper PreciousRIP
Old 07-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #540
Order66
DIS Veteran

Last year I purchased and activated the tickets by myself while my family was still eating dinner at Wolfgang Pucks. They did not need to be present or have ID. I had my ID to get the tickets was only asked for names for the others. This year I went alone with my 2 boys so they were with me. We did show ID's because we were redeeming GAD vouchers, but to then upgrade them to the salute tickets she did not ask to see the ID's again.

regards
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: