Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #511
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

At least now I can buys tickets through our ITT...was kind of in Limbo as to what to do, not knowing if it was going to be extended or not. Might as well go ahead and get my tics for MNSSHP too, I doubt if they'll extend that either.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #512
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
At least now I can buys tickets through our ITT...was kind of in Limbo as to what to do, not knowing if it was going to be extended or not. Might as well go ahead and get my tics for MNSSHP too, I doubt if they'll extend that either.
The way I understand it, you will have to get MNSSHP tickets when you get to WDW. Cheshire Figment says on p33 of this thread: "The Military Discount MNSSHP tickets are available at any Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office. They are not available at the Resorts, SoG, or military bases. Limit is six tickets for any one night. The specific dates currently available are all in September: 14, 18, 21, 23, 28 and 30. Pricing, including tax, is $40.23/$35.75."
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #513
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
The way I understand it, you will have to get MNSSHP tickets when you get to WDW. Cheshire Figment says on p33 of this thread: "The Military Discount MNSSHP tickets are available at any Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office. They are not available at the Resorts, SoG, or military bases. Limit is six tickets for any one night. The specific dates currently available are all in September: 14, 18, 21, 23, 28 and 30. Pricing, including tax, is $40.23/$35.75."
so does this mean there aren't any military discounts for party tickets in october?
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #514
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
so does this mean there aren't any military discounts for party tickets in october?
No MNSSHP military discount in October. MNSSHP military discount tickets offered only for September 14, 18, 21, 23, 28 and 30. These dates fall within the period of the Disney Armed Forces Salute program.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #515
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOHsie View Post
No MNSSHP military discount in October. MNSSHP military discount tickets offered only for September 14, 18, 21, 23, 28 and 30. These dates fall within the period of the Disney Armed Forces Salute program.
Wow, does Disney know that we're taking our BIG trip in october or something so they are stopping everything??

Sigh.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #516
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Wow, does Disney know that we're taking our BIG trip in october or something so they are stopping everything??

Sigh.
Yeah, tell me about it! Except we're going in December. Made 3 trips last year though to take advantage of last year's deals. It helps being retired! lol
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #517
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

I switched my dates to December, too. I went with free dining but hoped they would extend the military discount. Oh, well.

It sure was a great deal, though. I hope a lot of our brave soldiers and their families were able to take advantage of it.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #518
Calle&Jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Upgrade Questions

Anyone know about the details of the upgrade to an annual pass?

We have these passes with the WPF&M option. We have used the 4 days of park entrances and one entrance to Disney Quest. We still have 3 entrances to WParks/DQ left on the tickets.

Can we upgrade to an annual pass now? or did we have to do that upgrade before we used the tickets?

Does the annual pass run one year from the time of the upgrade, the date of the first use of our original ticket (Feb 2010) or the date of the first use as an annual pass?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #519
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle&Jakesmom View Post
Anyone know about the details of the upgrade to an annual pass?

We have these passes with the WPF&M option. We have used the 4 days of park entrances and one entrance to Disney Quest. We still have 3 entrances to WParks/DQ left on the tickets.

Can we upgrade to an annual pass now? or did we have to do that upgrade before we used the tickets?

Does the annual pass run one year from the time of the upgrade, the date of the first use of our original ticket (Feb 2010) or the date of the first use as an annual pass?
Since you used one of the Fun entries, the only pass you can upgrade to is the Premium Annual Pass. If you had not used the Fun entry you could have upgraded to a regular AP (or a SP or WSP if eligible).

And the expiration date of the PAP would be one year from the date of first use of the Armed Forces Salute ticket.

If you are seriously thinking of a regular AP, I would suggest waiting until your next trip and get one at SoG (or an exchange certificate at the ITT/MWR if they can get them). That will give both a discounted price as well as no 6.5% Sales Tax.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
16. 2010 Give A Day, Get A Day Promotion
17. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2010
18. Prices Effective August 2, 2009

19. Special Promotions and "Free" Tickets
19A. AP 15 Months for Price of 12 Renewal
19B. Florida Resident Four Day Dream Ticket
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 07-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #520
ldrprn
Mouseketeer

I have not seen this topic discussed, and not sure what kind of replies I'll get, but here goes. My son and his DGF are going to WDW next month. Her Dad is retired military and was going to get the tickets for the kids. he was told that she could activate them as his dependent, but after reading this thread I am a little worried that this will not be possible. Has anyone done this. I think they told him at the base that she could do this. I don't want them to spend the money for the military tickets, and then find they need to buy passes because she can't activate.
TIA

Old 07-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #521
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrprn View Post
I have not seen this topic discussed, and not sure what kind of replies I'll get, but here goes. My son and his DGF are going to WDW next month. Her Dad is retired military and was going to get the tickets for the kids. he was told that she could activate them as his dependent, but after reading this thread I am a little worried that this will not be possible. Has anyone done this. I think they told him at the base that she could do this. I don't want them to spend the money for the military tickets, and then find they need to buy passes because she can't activate.
TIA
No, she cannot activate them. Only the member or their spouse can do this. It is done this way as many dependents could then buy the tickets and use them and the member never know until it is too late (not saying this is the case with all but I know some that would in fact do this).
Old 07-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #522
MingMingsMom
Earning My Ears

I'm Losing My Mind.....

Okay, I've read this thread forwards and backwards........I just want someone to tell me I'm right.....
Here's what I'm understanding....
For $99 plus $25....we can park hop at the 4 major parks for 4 days.
For another $25 we can add 4 entries to the water parks. So if we spend a whole day at a water park and don't visit a major park, we still have our 4 days at major parks right? And 3 water park entries....right?
So, here we are 10 days out and my neice decides to call Shades of Green to verify this(probably actually to verify me) and they tell her no, that i am wrong. I'm wrong??? But, I'm not.....right??? They said a water park entry would count towards the days. WTH?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #523
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MingMingsMom View Post
Okay, I've read this thread forwards and backwards........I just want someone to tell me I'm right.....
Here's what I'm understanding....
For $99 plus $25....we can park hop at the 4 major parks for 4 days.
For another $25 we can add 4 entries to the water parks. So if we spend a whole day at a water park and don't visit a major park, we still have our 4 days at major parks right? And 3 water park entries....right?
So, here we are 10 days out and my neice decides to call Shades of Green to verify this(probably actually to verify me) and they tell her no, that i am wrong. I'm wrong??? But, I'm not.....right??? They said a water park entry would count towards the days. WTH?
that doesn't sound right, when we upgraded our tickets last go around,the CM at the window at Epcot told us we could add the park hopper at $25 a piece,plus could also add for $25 a piece for water parks, it had nothing to do with the regular park days left on our tickets??? And why would it, if your paying extra to add these items?? Would seem silly to pay a extra $25 for a water park day for it to use up a regular day, just makes no sense...
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate,10/14-Comf.SuitesMaingateEast(F&W)

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper Precious
Old 07-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #524
MingMingsMom
Earning My Ears

So I'm right? The waterpark & more option has nothing to do with the actual 4 day ticket(with hopper upgrade) even if its on the same ticket, it's like a different ticket.....did that make sense?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #525
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

You are correct in your interpretation. Below is Post #80 from this thread, from Cheshire Figment, who works for Disney:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2010 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on September 30, 2010. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 09/30/10. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (Blizzard Beach, DisneyQuest, Oak Trail, Typhoon Lagoon, Wide World of Sports). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.
Hope you better now! And, as you have learned, if you believe you are correct, and don't agree with the first Disney answer, be persistent and dig for the truth. Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: