Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #406
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
Hey can someone refresh my memory. Does the CM enter names into the system for who gets a ticket. SO if 6 people are getting tickets they actually list the 6 names in the computer?? We got these passes last year and we bought them on base here in MD, but activated them at DTD. I can't remember what they did. My husband went up to the window.

I mean when you go through the ticket turnstiles....it is not like we have to show ID to match the names on the tickets if they are put on them so to speak in the computer system. I know we wrote our names on them so we knew whose was whose since they match with the one you first use with the finger scanner.

So if John, (military member), Mary, (spouse), Johnny, Michael and Suzi (the kids) got tickets...do they put those names in the system??

I really do not think they have the capability to do that and I think that the ITR agent I dealt with was just trying scare me into not doing it. If it saves a good bit of money just do it and if they say anything play stupid. I am just a big chicken and after the tongue lashing I got I was a little bit gun shy. Good Luck!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #407
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Well, if she wasn't entering the names, addresses and birth dates of everyone in our case, she made a very good show of it. I would say yes, they put the information,including all of the above, in the computers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #408
idofabric
"How do I...?"

Yep, last year they did enter everyones names, and stuff, and our tickets were issued with our names on them. And they used the Service Members SS# also. BUT when it came time to use the tickets no one at any gate checked to see if the person entering the gate was the person whos name ws on the ticket...
And my DSIL got the max number of tickets and used 4 of them for her and DN so they could go 2xs as much. The CM that activated her tickets did not have a problem putting her and the nieces name on 2 tickets each... Which we had been told would not be allowed.
I think that a lot depends on which CM you get, and what they know. And Disney drills CMs to make sure guests are happy... so my DSIL got lucky.
Other Disney trips... well, the kids got to go... But I own the timeshare and buy the tickets!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #409
dd50
DIS Veteran

I don't think they asked for names last year except for the service person or spouse. We didn't have our names on the tickets and didn't think about it until day 2 so we had to use each one until our finger matched. We then wrote our names on them.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #410
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
He has to have an actual DOD-issued ID card to activate the tickets. This is an Active Duty or Retired card. Only veterans with an ID indicating "DAVPRM" are eligible.
Are disabled veterans eligible for this promotion? For some reason I thought I read that somewhere.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #411
hopey1kenobi
Mouseketeer

I have a silly question that may have already been answered. If so, i'm sorry for asking again.

Since you can't upgrade these tickets to add extra days, is it possible to by 2 of these tickets for each person and activate them both (cheaper than buying the $99 Salute ticket and a 2 or 3 day base ticket). We are going for 8 days & will need more than the 4days the tickets offer.

We have 6 ppl in our party. My DH can only purchase 6 tickets, but he isn't going on the trip. A friend of his is willing to purchase the other 6 tickets from ITT for us to use. Do you think we will run into any problems with activating all 12 tickets w/ DH not being present? I'll have my Mil ID as will DD.

We used the Salute Tickets last year and didn't have any problems and no one asked for anything other than a Military ID when activating them. One of those tickets was specifically for DH (active duty) but I believe that was because his ticket was free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DLR: Nov '03, Dec '05, Apr '06, July '13, Mar '14 & too many day trips to count.
Aulani Weekend Getaway October '13 & July '14
Upcoming Trips: 2 week WDW/DCL/US-IOA Sept '16

Old 05-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #412
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopey1kenobi View Post
We have 6 ppl in our party. My DH can only purchase 6 tickets, but he isn't going on the trip. A friend of his is willing to purchase the other 6 tickets from ITT for us to use. Do you think we will run into any problems with activating all 12 tickets w/ DH not being present? I'll have my Mil ID as will DD.
You will only be able to activate five tickets if your DH does not go. He could activate six -- one for him and then five others. You would need your DH's friend to activate the tickets he buys. Your military ID indicates "spouse" which is what is required to activate them (or being the military member), so your DD cannot activate any tickets as her ID does not indicate she is a spouse. Sorry!

-Dorothy
Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #413
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
You will have multiple problems.

If the Service Member is not present, the only person who can activate the tickets is a person whose DD1173 either indicates "Spouse" or "Unremarried Widow", do your daughter, even with a DD1173, cannot do the activation.

The other is that we look into the system for the Service Member's name (and other information). We cannot activate more than six tickets under any one Service Member's name (unless there is proof that all people present are dependents).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #414
marie1203
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a silly question that may have already been answered. If so, i'm sorry for asking again.

Since you can't upgrade these tickets to add extra days, is it possible to by 2 of these tickets for each person and activate them both (cheaper than buying the $99 Salute ticket and a 2 or 3 day base ticket). We are going for 8 days & will need more than the 4days the tickets offer.

We used the Salute Tickets last year and didn't have any problems and no one asked for anything other than a Military ID when activating them. One of those tickets was specifically for DH (active duty) but I believe that was because his ticket was free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We used all our tickets last year just the two of us so yes you can 2 tickets or even 3 for one person but as it was said already because you already have 6 people it will be a problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #415
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

So let me get this straight, my DH bought 6 tickets, and then his friend bought us two more because there 8 people in our party. DH and I both have military IDs, him as active duty me as spouse. The individual at MWR who sold us the tickets told us that this was perfectly fine because both DH and I have IDs so we could activate the 8 tickets. Is this wrong? Are we going to get down to Disney and have a problem?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #416
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Yes, I think you'll have trouble. You and your spouse can only activate 6 tickets total, since you can only activate tickets under your spouse's name. You can't activate more than 6 tickets under one military member's ID, and you can't activate someone else's because you don't have ID saying you're the other person's spouse. Six per military ID is it. Now, if your friend came and activagted them, he could give them to you. But you can't activate his plus your own 6.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #417
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
So let me get this straight, my DH bought 6 tickets, and then his friend bought us two more because there 8 people in our party. DH and I both have military IDs, him as active duty me as spouse. The individual at MWR who sold us the tickets told us that this was perfectly fine because both DH and I have IDs so we could activate the 8 tickets. Is this wrong? Are we going to get down to Disney and have a problem?

I hope you can return the other guy's tickets. Looks like you will not be able to use those two.

I think the Stars and Stripes ticket at SOG is a good deal. Our plan is to get all 6 tickets but let my dh, two sons use those....2 per person. Then my dd and I will get stars and stripes probably.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #418
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Read this thread.
Maybe you can post on that thread too.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post36719425

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 AM   #419
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Are disabled veterans eligible for this promotion? For some reason I thought I read that somewhere.
Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #420
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
This is correct. You will have a problem.

When we look up the Service Member, if there is no entry we will add one. But if the service member is already listed we will see how many tickets have been activated. We are not permitted to activate more than six tickets under a service member's name. And for a Spouse who is is activating tickets, we look for the sponsor's name on the DD1173. And it is always the service member's name that is put in the system, not the spouse's.

The only time we will activate more than six tickets for one service member is if the entire party is there and all members of the party are dependents of the service member (each child ten or older needs a DD1173) with proof.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: