Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #391
ttree
Mouseketeer

Thank you Erin and Orchard. Don't think I'm gutsy enough to ask for supervisor. New plan, buy 3 vouchers on base, activate, then next day get 3 at dw ticket center?
Old 05-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #392
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
However, see my Post #380
I think I'm going to give SOG a call to be sure. We planned on buying them from SOG anyway, so if it's only them offering the tickets after July 31st, that's fine. Let us know if you hear anything further, Chesire, and if this changes officially for Disney.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #393
MrsMcgaugh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
We just did this--I have a thread on it here somewhere. The ticket person did NOT want to do it, and specifically said we could not, but my DH had her call her supervisor, who okayed it. We had a few VERY tense moments, though. We used 2 4 day tickets, no hoppers, each, for 6 days. I hopped twice but had to be very careful to use a different ticket than I used during the day. I also had to plan not to use up one ticket completely and then start using the next one if I wanted to hop another day.
I just talked to a CM at SoG he said that there is no problem doing this He said as long as the total number is less than 6, we are good to go! He also informed me (which I did not know) that on the WP and M that they are not connected to your park days. SO you can go to the Parks all 4 days and then spend 4 other days at the water parks and Disney Quest!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #394
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

We were told the same, which is why we stood our ground and had her call a supervisor but honestly, we felt like criminals! She put names in indelible ink on EVERY ticket and put all birth dates, addresses etc into the computer. We weren't expecting that level of record keeping and it kind of threw us, but all turned out okay.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #395
MrsMcgaugh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
We were told the same, which is why we stood our ground and had her call a supervisor but honestly, we felt like criminals! She put names in indelible ink on EVERY ticket and put all birth dates, addresses etc into the computer. We weren't expecting that level of record keeping and it kind of threw us, but all turned out okay.
Did you purchase at SoG or MK?? That is really odd! I hope they are not weird about our hoppers or anything
Old 05-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #396
edk35
DIS Veteran

So are you saying that one person CAN'T USE 2 tickets. My dd and I are going to get DVC AP's but my husband and two sons are going to get the 6 tickets. They were going to each use two for our July trip because they are going to the water parks and Disney Quests. Plus our one son will probably NOT go back next summer so we didn't want to get AP's for them. The guys love the water parks so they will do those when we use our AP's. My dd and I felt like 4 parks days would not be enough. However...I wonder if the guys will haev problems getting 2 each. My husband bought the voucher cards last year.....and then we activated them at DTD. We only got 5 last year. Any advice for those that have tried using more than one. I mean what if a couple got 2 and went in May, then bought 2 more for July and then bought 2 more for Sept.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 05-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #397
bejohn2
Earning My Ears

Hello.

I've read through this entire thread and didn't find an answer to this question. We're arriving at the end of this month for a 7 day family vacation. I'm retired AF and my son is active duty AF. There will be a total of 6 of us on the trip. Can we go for 4 days on the passes that I purchase, and the rest of the time on the passes my son purchases? If we do this, we were thinking of getting the park hopper option added to one set of tickets. Could we then use them in any order (ex: park hopper on saturday, non park hopper on sunday, etc.)

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #398
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejohn2 View Post
Hello.

I've read through this entire thread and didn't find an answer to this question. We're arriving at the end of this month for a 7 day family vacation. I'm retired AF and my son is active duty AF. There will be a total of 6 of us on the trip. Can we go for 4 days on the passes that I purchase, and the rest of the time on the passes my son purchases? If we do this, we were thinking of getting the park hopper option added to one set of tickets. Could we then use them in any order (ex: park hopper on saturday, non park hopper on sunday, etc.)

Thanks.

Yes--that would work. Just be sure to mark which ones have PH.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #399
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

We DID use two each. We had to force the ticket salesperson to call her supervisor, because she wasn't going to let us do it. She wanted a separate name, birthdate and address for every single ticket, and we just couldn't lie about it. We activated all 6,1 each for my sister and niece, who were not with us, and 2 for each of us. I used mine completely over 6 days, because I went to 2 parks on 2 different days, so I had to use a day from each ticket.

bejohn2, I don't think you'll have any problem buying tickets under two different military people's IDs and using them. If you do, ask for a supervisor!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #400
CurlysGirly
Earning My Ears

I promise that I read all 27 pages and did a lot of google-ing before posting. We are thinking about going back to Disney soon (ok, I am always thinking about it!). My dad now lives with us and would be traveling with us. He served in the military and obtains services through the VA. He has a DD-214. Does the DD-214 qualify him to purchase the discounted Armed Forces Salute tickets? He has an honorable discharge but wasn't a career military person (served 6 years). I was just wondering because I am having a hard time figuring out the difference between retired and veteran. I only hang out with him at the VA for his appointments and am a mere civilian Thanks in advance!

My Trips 1974-1986 5 stays at Poly, 1989 Christmas at CBR, 1995 Dixie, 1997 Dixie, Honeymoon 2000 WL, 2002 WL, 2004 Off-Site Condo, 2006 Off-Site Condo, 2008 CBR, 2012 FW Cabins
April 18-21 Our 1st Cruise on the Magic! April 21-23 WL!!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #401
wtccheermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
So are you saying that one person CAN'T USE 2 tickets. My dd and I are going to get DVC AP's but my husband and two sons are going to get the 6 tickets. They were going to each use two for our July trip because they are going to the water parks and Disney Quests. Plus our one son will probably NOT go back next summer so we didn't want to get AP's for them. The guys love the water parks so they will do those when we use our AP's. My dd and I felt like 4 parks days would not be enough. However...I wonder if the guys will haev problems getting 2 each. My husband bought the voucher cards last year.....and then we activated them at DTD. We only got 5 last year. Any advice for those that have tried using more than one. I mean what if a couple got 2 and went in May, then bought 2 more for July and then bought 2 more for Sept.
Correct me if I am wrong but if you bought 2 AF S tickets and added the PH and WP options it would cost 298.00 and a 8 day Stars and Stripes ticket is only 319.00 and I think instead going through all the hassle I would just pay the 21.00 difference. I went to our local ITR to inquire about tickets and doing that and I swear I left there feeling so bad about myself the ITR agent basically told me that it is illegal and if I did I would be stealing and I was not even trying to purchase the tickets yet just trying to get info and prices to decide. It was horrible I had never been so embarrassed before!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:26 AM   #402
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlysGirly View Post
I promise that I read all 27 pages and did a lot of google-ing before posting. We are thinking about going back to Disney soon (ok, I am always thinking about it!). My dad now lives with us and would be traveling with us. He served in the military and obtains services through the VA. He has a DD-214. Does the DD-214 qualify him to purchase the discounted Armed Forces Salute tickets? He has an honorable discharge but wasn't a career military person (served 6 years). I was just wondering because I am having a hard time figuring out the difference between retired and veteran. I only hang out with him at the VA for his appointments and am a mere civilian Thanks in advance!
He has to have an actual DOD-issued ID card to activate the tickets. This is an Active Duty or Retired card. Only veterans with an ID indicating "DAVPRM" are eligible.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #403
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtccheermom View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but if you bought 2 AF S tickets and added the PH and WP options it would cost 298.00 and a 8 day Stars and Stripes ticket is only 319.00 and I think instead going through all the hassle I would just pay the 21.00 difference. I went to our local ITR to inquire about tickets and doing that and I swear I left there feeling so bad about myself the ITR agent basically told me that it is illegal and if I did I would be stealing and I was not even trying to purchase the tickets yet just trying to get info and prices to decide. It was horrible I had never been so embarrassed before!!!

Let me check that out. See I never thought about looking at Stars and Stripes. We have not used those in years. Hmmmmm going to check those prices now. You are right about feeling guilty...we were planning on IF LEGAL....getting the three guys (hubby and two sons) ONE 99 pass and one with hopping/wpm. SO 248 each. The other option is to get NO hopping and just keep track of the pass that they hop with. They would get 8 park days and they would only use about 5 or 6 park days. So we would probably hop a couple of times. Then it would cost 223. The stars and stripes are 316 for 8 days.

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)

Last edited by edk35; 05-17-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #404
edk35
DIS Veteran

Also, you can get a MYW ticket at SOG for 8 days with water parks and more for 285 you just don't get hopping. SO you save 31 over the price of the stars and stripes.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #405
edk35
DIS Veteran

Hey can someone refresh my memory. Does the CM enter names into the system for who gets a ticket. SO if 6 people are getting tickets they actually list the 6 names in the computer?? We got these passes last year and we bought them on base here in MD, but activated them at DTD. I can't remember what they did. My husband went up to the window.

I mean when you go through the ticket turnstiles....it is not like we have to show ID to match the names on the tickets if they are put on them so to speak in the computer system. I know we wrote our names on them so we knew whose was whose since they match with the one you first use with the finger scanner.

So if John, (military member), Mary, (spouse), Johnny, Michael and Suzi (the kids) got tickets...do they put those names in the system??

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: