Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #376
MrsMcgaugh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikl657 View Post
soo heres my plan..

day 1 go to magic kingdom-buy 2 tickets (me and gf) w/ hopper/water park addons

day 5 go back-buy 2 more tickets, just hopper addon

would this work? or should i buy all 4 tickets at once?
This is what we are doing too!!

But can you buy the Heros Salute tickets at Magic Kingdom? Or is it better to go to SoG? I need the lease amount of complications lol
Old 05-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #377
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

The rules are the salute tickets are one ticket per person. I have heard of people doing this though getting two per person.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #378
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcgaugh View Post
This is what we are doing too!!

But can you buy the Heros Salute tickets at Magic Kingdom? Or is it better to go to SoG? I need the lease amount of complications lol

It takes about 20 minutes to get the tickets so I would just get all your tickets at once. We were able to get 2 for DH, 2 for me and 1 for DD.

Also, you pay no taxes at SOG, but it is only a voucher. You still have to turn that voucher in at a ticket window at the park. So you have two steps to go through if you go to SOG. It was easier for us just to go to the park. tax came to about $30 for all 5 tickets. So decide what is more important to you, time or money.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #379
Erin12303
Mouseketeer

Date to purchase extended

My mom just bought me a Salute pass last week at SOG. We were informed that they have extended the purchase by date to 8/31/10.

Last edited by Erin12303; 05-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #380
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin12303 View Post
My mom just bought me a Salute pass last week at SOG. We were informed that they have extended the purchase by date to 8/31/10.
There is nothing in the internal Disney web site that indicates this. However, I have seen such an indication on the SoG site.

Unless Disney officially announces a change, we will be unable to sell Military Salute Tickets at the ticket windows after July 31. If the SoG posting is correct, then you might have to go to SoG to make the purchase.

There is no restriction that they must be activated by July 31, so as long as you have the tickets in hand we can activate them any time to the end of September.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 AM   #381
mousireid
It still haunts me to this day....what I did for a Klondike bar!

Just wanted to say, if you can buy the tickets at an MWR office (base close to you!) you get vouchers and then just have to activate them. You save on tax!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #382
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post

All tickets are valid until Midnight September 30, 2010, regardless of date of first use.
Thak you for the update, too bad we are going Oct 12th...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 05-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #383
tinkerbell423
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousireid View Post
Just wanted to say, if you can buy the tickets at an MWR office (base close to you!) you get vouchers and then just have to activate them. You save on tax!
OK I admit I have not read the entire thread. If we buy tickets on base where do we activate them and do we all need to be together when they are activated?
Old 05-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #384
ttree
Mouseketeer

One last question Chesire (thank you so much for your info in the past). There was a debate about military spouse (and kids - husband not going) being able to purchase all 6 tickets or if limited to 5. You said you where going to send an E mail to powers that be. Any update?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #385
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcgaugh View Post
This may be a dumb question BUT I am assuming there is no rules against the active military member buying one than one set of tickets per person right? (as long as it is less than 8 passes) FOR EXAMPLE can DH buy 2 passes for me and 2 for himself (totaling 8 park days a person)
We just did this--I have a thread on it here somewhere. The ticket person did NOT want to do it, and specifically said we could not, but my DH had her call her supervisor, who okayed it. We had a few VERY tense moments, though. We used 2 4 day tickets, no hoppers, each, for 6 days. I hopped twice but had to be very careful to use a different ticket than I used during the day. I also had to plan not to use up one ticket completely and then start using the next one if I wanted to hop another day.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #386
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet but I was just over on the SOG site and saw that they extended the final purchasing date for these tickets from July 31st to August 31st.

That is excellent news for us because our trip is in August and our base does not sell the Salute tickets. We had planned to drive to a base a few hours away to get them but now we don't have to. Yipee! I thought I'd post this in case there are others in my situation.

Here's the link...

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY.htm
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #387
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I really wish they'd extend the "use by" date too!! We already made reservations for F & W in Oct before they advertised they were doing the Military Salute again this year. I've been holding off buying tickets, just in case they extend it...

Old 05-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #388
Erin12303
Mouseketeer

Military Spouse

My mom is a military spouse and she would have been able to purchase 6 Salute tickets at the SOG resort without my father present. We only purchased 4 and were told we would be able to come back at a later date and purchase up to two more prior to 8/31/10. The SOG agent advised they lifted the restriction that all 6 tickets must be purchased at the same time. My mom did have to be with me when I activated my Salute pass.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #389
MrsMcgaugh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
We just did this--I have a thread on it here somewhere. The ticket person did NOT want to do it, and specifically said we could not, but my DH had her call her supervisor, who okayed it. We had a few VERY tense moments, though. We used 2 4 day tickets, no hoppers, each, for 6 days. I hopped twice but had to be very careful to use a different ticket than I used during the day. I also had to plan not to use up one ticket completely and then start using the next one if I wanted to hop another day.
Oh Lord! Ok so can DH not just walk up alone and purchase 4 tickets? I am going to be so nervous now! We dont have disney tickets at our MWR would I have better luck going and getting the vouchers at SoG or going to the ticket window? I need NO confrontation lol I am gonna be on honeymoon and my nerves can not take it lol

Is there a written rule against this? I am wanting to do 4 passes all with hoppers and 2 passes with WP and More. Should I be ok? Help! Im panicking now!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #390
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet but I was just over on the SOG site and saw that they extended the final purchasing date for these tickets from July 31st to August 31st.

That is excellent news for us because our trip is in August and our base does not sell the Salute tickets. We had planned to drive to a base a few hours away to get them but now we don't have to. Yipee! I thought I'd post this in case there are others in my situation.

Here's the link...

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY.htm
However, see my Post #380

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: