Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #361
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikl657 View Post
I was told by people at SOG not to do this because if you buy them at the magic kingdom or any park window they are activated then and there (so 4 tickets, would run out in 4 days), whereas if oyu buy them at SOG you could activate them whenever
SoG are not always correct and perhaps not the best authority on the subject. The Salute tickets do NOT expire in 4 days from activation. They expire on September 30. You could use one day in May, one in June, one in July and the last one on Sep 30th.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #362
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

I have question.... we're going to Disney in Dec. this year. Obviously we're going to have to pay regular price for our tickets since they expire on Sept.30 (Unless it's extended). If they DID extended the offer and we're planning on spending 5 days in the parks, what would be the cheapest way to approach this? Should we just go ahead and get annual passes? DH is military and we are DVC members. If Disney does NOT extend the military discount, then what would the best discount be? Since Disney cut the days from 5 to 4, we're left needing another day. TIA for your help! April
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #363
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
I have question.... we're going to Disney in Dec. this year. Obviously we're going to have to pay regular price for our tickets since they expire on Sept.30 (Unless it's extended). If they DID extended the offer and we're planning on spending 5 days in the parks, what would be the cheapest way to approach this? Should we just go ahead and get annual passes? DH is military and we are DVC members. If Disney does NOT extend the military discount, then what would the best discount be? Since Disney cut the days from 5 to 4, we're left needing another day. TIA for your help! April
Get the regularly discounted tickets through your ITR.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
Old 05-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #364
bricorssk
Earning My Ears

its cheaper to buy the 4 day (if the still have it) with park hopper added and then a single extra day, if you need 6 days or more the stars and stripes pass is cheaper
Old 05-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #365
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post
Get the regularly discounted tickets through your ITR.

Hey! I'm sorry, what is ITR? Thanks so much for your help! April
Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #366
Order66
DIS Veteran

Information, Tickets and Reservations Office. Same as ITT, in Army speak.

regards
Old 05-04-2010, 12:36 PM   #367
Bandy
Earning My Ears

Family Visiting DW

My family was planning on taking a trip to Disneyworld in the Summer. I nor my spouse would be able to join them. I wanted to know if they would still take advantage of this deal somehow. Would it be possible for me to purchase the tickets on base and mail it to them? Or do you need to present ID at the ticketing window? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #368
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

I know you have to buy the salute tickets by July 31, but can be used through September.

We're going in Aug. Can we add the park hopper while there in Aug, or because they have to be purchased by July 31, park hopper can only be added until July 31?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #369
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandy View Post
My family was planning on taking a trip to Disneyworld in the Summer. I nor my spouse would be able to join them. I wanted to know if they would still take advantage of this deal somehow. Would it be possible for me to purchase the tickets on base and mail it to them? Or do you need to present ID at the ticketing window? Thanks in advance for your help.
The tickets must be activated at a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Office. To activate tickets either the service member or a person whose DD1173 indicates "Spouse" in the relationship field must be present. Otherwise the tickets are not valid.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #370
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
Another option (if they extend) is to use the military salute for four days, and for the fifth day, buy tickets for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party instead of another day's full ticket...that way you can enter the park around 4:00 and stay for the party!! That would be cheaper than another day's single ticket too.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #371
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Oh, also DVC members get another $10 off the tickets for MVMCP I'm soooooo envious of you, we haven't been "home" to WLV for Christmas time yet!!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #372
mousireid
It still haunts me to this day....what I did for a Klondike bar!

Okay! I have questions! LOL!
I have the mil tix. Am going to add WPF&M. Does WPF&M expire September 30 too? or can they be used until the end of the year (doubtful, but had to ask).
Also, I will have an extra WPF&M ticket after our trip, can we bring along a child in place of one of our kids, say to the water park or Disneyquest? Or do they use finger scans there too? Not trying to 'buck the system' but wondering if it is possible or is it not allowed. Don't want to do the worng thing (and yet, am hoping it can be done, sheesh, what a contradiction!)
Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #373
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The Armed Forces Salute 2010 tickets will expire at 2359:59 on September 30. Any unused entitlements (including WPF&M) will vanish, and the ticket will have a value of zero for upgrading.

And they can be activated and/or upgraded with hopping and/or WPF&M during August and September; they just cannot be purchased.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #374
mdrob214
Denise a.k.a. Mikki and Pooh's Mom
I read it on the DIS....it must be true!
Personally, I hate making cupcakes, but like making the just for fun cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousireid View Post
Okay! I have questions! LOL!
I have the mil tix. Am going to add WPF&M. Does WPF&M expire September 30 too? or can they be used until the end of the year (doubtful, but had to ask).
Also, I will have an extra WPF&M ticket after our trip, can we bring along a child in place of one of our kids, say to the water park or Disneyquest? Or do they use finger scans there too? Not trying to 'buck the system' but wondering if it is possible or is it not allowed. Don't want to do the worng thing (and yet, am hoping it can be done, sheesh, what a contradiction!)
They use the finger scans at the WP, too, so probably can't share.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 AM   #375
MrsMcgaugh
Earning My Ears

This may be a dumb question BUT I am assuming there is no rules against the active military member buying one than one set of tickets per person right? (as long as it is less than 8 passes) FOR EXAMPLE can DH buy 2 passes for me and 2 for himself (totaling 8 park days a person)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: