Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #346
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
The name and date of birth (and some other information) of the Service Member is entered into the system before the sale is made. At that time we can see if there is a record of purchase. At the time of the sale we enter the number of tickets purchased into the system.

So if the service member or spouse comes to a ticket window at a later time we can see if the maximum allowable number of tickets has been sold.
Oh OK! Thanks!
I was a little worried that my husband would buy some now, and then when he went back they were be a problem.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #347
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliBelle View Post
sorry if I'm a bit dense but it IS okay to purchase some of the tickets now and more later, not all at once? So we could buy some in may and then buy more in the summer and use them without a problem?
According to the lady in the Fort Meade ITT office (and she seems to know her stuff!), yes, you can buy some in May and the rest in the summer.
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #348
Mikl657
Earning My Ears

soo heres my plan..

day 1 go to magic kingdom-buy 2 tickets (me and gf) w/ hopper/water park addons

day 5 go back-buy 2 more tickets, just hopper addon

would this work? or should i buy all 4 tickets at once?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #349
dd50
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikl657 View Post
soo heres my plan..

day 1 go to magic kingdom-buy 2 tickets (me and gf) w/ hopper/water park addons

day 5 go back-buy 2 more tickets, just hopper addon

would this work? or should i buy all 4 tickets at once?
That would work.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #350
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

It is easiest to just buy all four at once. And it is easy to tell which is which if you buy them at a WDW ticket window as it will be printed on the ticket what the entitlements are. If you buy them at a MWR/ITT or SoG you are unable to tell, by looking at the ticket, what is on it.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Old 04-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #351
monkeybug

Can you use your room key and have tickets charged to your room? I think I asked on the resort board, but nobody seemed to know for sure.
It's not a big deal, just my husband likes leaving the real money in the safe, and if he doesn't have to bring his wallet on that first day he doesn't want to.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #352
choirchic
DIS Veteran

We are going in October...does anyone know if this may be extended or if it is available for more then 4 days? We will be there for 7. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #353
monkeybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
We are going in October...does anyone know if this may be extended or if it is available for more then 4 days? We will be there for 7. Thanks!
I don't think there is any way to know if it will be extended.
One way to get more day's with the military tickets is by using two per person, then you get essentially 8 day tickets for about $200. Of course if you have more than three people in your party, you would have to buy regular tickets for the others in your group.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #354
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybug View Post
Can you use your room key and have tickets charged to your room? I think I asked on the resort board, but nobody seemed to know for sure.
It's not a big deal, just my husband likes leaving the real money in the safe, and if he doesn't have to bring his wallet on that first day he doesn't want to.
A lot will depend on which resort you are staying at and how many tickets you are purchasing. We routinely do hotel room charges at the ticket booths. However, if you are at a value resort the normal charging limit is $500 so you have to make sure that you have enough credit available on the room charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirchic View Post
Who Knows What EVIL Lurks In The Heart Of Disney Marketing?!

Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #355
dawgs4disney
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know what the current price is for the discounted 10 day park hopper with no expiration ticket that you can get on base? It has been a few years since we bought ours, and will need to purchase for two of our children for an upcoming trip. I wondered if the military price is better or if it is less to go with undercover tourist. The price for a child 10 day park hopper with no exp. through undercover tourist is $468 including tax.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #356
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I don't know about base MRW/ITT offices, but the Shades of Green price list gives their current prices and there is no tax added on.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #357
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the military resort discount can be used for Disney's Vero Beach or Hilton Head Island Resorts? Has anyone tried this? I thought I'd read some where that someone was able to apply this discount at Vero, but I just tried at HHI and was told that this discount was only for the Walt Disney World resorts. Thanks so much for any information I can get from the great dispeople!!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #358
edk35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
Does anyone know if the military resort discount can be used for Disney's Vero Beach or Hilton Head Island Resorts? Has anyone tried this? I thought I'd read some where that someone was able to apply this discount at Vero, but I just tried at HHI and was told that this discount was only for the Walt Disney World resorts. Thanks so much for any information I can get from the great dispeople!!!!
I called about 2 weeks ago to ask about Vero. We are staying there on points in July and I wanted to add cash nights and checked for that military discount and she said only the WDW parks. Can't hurt to call and check though. You might get a different answer.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

March 15 BCV/AKV Jambo Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #359
Mikl657
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
It is easiest to just buy all four at once. And it is easy to tell which is which if you buy them at a WDW ticket window as it will be printed on the ticket what the entitlements are. If you buy them at a MWR/ITT or SoG you are unable to tell, by looking at the ticket, what is on it.
I was told by people at SOG not to do this because if you buy them at the magic kingdom or any park window they are activated then and there (so 4 tickets, would run out in 4 days), whereas if oyu buy them at SOG you could activate them whenever
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #360
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk35 View Post
I called about 2 weeks ago to ask about Vero. We are staying there on points in July and I wanted to add cash nights and checked for that military discount and she said only the WDW parks. Can't hurt to call and check though. You might get a different answer.
No, I got the same answer as you. I booked HHI today and was told that its only for the WDW resorts. I even called back a few hours later, spoke to a different CM who took the time to look into it for me and the answer was still no. I'm not sure if it was here or on another site I read that someone was allowed to use the discount at Vero. Maybe they were mistaken. Thanks for the reply, though!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: